CENTAC 2021: Admissions for PG courses has started. The last date for registration has been extended to 14th June 2021. The Centralized Admission Committee, Puducherry offers admission to various UG (NEET and Non-NEET courses), Diploma, and PG courses. The CENTAC admission is for PG courses has started. The last date to submit the application form is 7th June 2021 Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can check the details here. The admission process starts with the application form followed by counselling. The university does not conduct any entrance test for admission. Hence, the university offers admission to the courses in the field of Pharmacy, Medical, Mon-Medical etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
So, in this article, candidates can check complete details regarding CENTAC NEET/Non-NEET Admission 2021. Therefore, go through the articles carefully.
CENTAC PG Dental Admissions 2021-22 started. The last date to submit the application form is extended to 14th June 2021. Apply Here.
CENTAC 2021 Overview
Let’s take a look at some details related to CENTAC you must be aware of.
|Conducting Body||Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC)|
|Exam Type||UG Level|
|Offered Courses||UG, PG and Diploma Courses|
Download CENTAC Information Brochure
Applicants can download the CENTAC Admission Brochure from the official website. The information brochure consists, of course, details, eligibility, merit list, etc. To download the prospectus, click on the link below to download.
|UG NON-NEET Information Brochure||Download|
|Information Brochure (NEET-Based courses)||Download|
|UG Non-NEET (Professional)||Download|
|UG Non-NEET (Art, Science, Fine Arts)||Download|
CENTAC 2021 Important Dates
The Centralized Admission Committee releases the admission form, merit list and counselling dates in the information brochure on CENTAC. However, candidates can check out the tentative CENTAC dates below regarding the admission process.
CENTAC PG Dental Admission Schedule
|Online Application form release date||12th May 2021|
|Application form submission Last Date||14th June 2021 (extended)|
|Release of the draft list of the applied||–|
|Last date for the objection of the draft merit list|
|Date of the declaration of the merit list of the applied||–|
CENTAC 2021 Application Form
The Application Form will be available to the candidates for filling in the month of May 2021. Check some key points regarding the CENTAC Registration Form.
- CENTAC 2021 Form is released online only. Candidates can submit the CENTAC Online Form through the website, centacpuducherry.in.
- The candidates who are looking forward to applying for L.L.B. have to fill a separate Application Form.
- The application process will be completed in three steps– Registration, filling the application form, uploading of images and payment of application fee. Candidates will be required to fill the mandatory personal details with some other details such as Scanned images of photograph and signature. Thereafter candidates have to complete the registration by making the payment of the fee.
- The candidate must register with a valid phone number and email id.
- The candidate must read the Information Brochure carefully before heading to the application process. As no request for modification will be entertained after the submission of the form.
CENTAC 2021 Application Fee
There is a certain amount of application fee has to be paid to confirm admission. CENTAC 2020 Application Fee can be paid through online mode. The payment can be made through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
The application fee for different no of courses & categories are as follows:
|No. of Courses||General Category||SC/ST Category|
|For 1 Course||Rs.600||Rs.300|
|For 2 Courses||Rs.900||Rs.450|
|For 3 Courses||Rs.1200||Rs.600|
|For BA LLB||Rs.600||Rs.300|
Courses Offered Through CENTAC
Through CENTAC one can get admission to various courses. Check below if the course of your choice is available or not.
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc (MLT)
- BA. LL.B
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Horticulture
CENTAC Eligibility Criteria
A certain pre-described standard of admission has been set by the committee for admission through CENTAC. The candidate must fulfil the necessary conditions set by the authorities in order to get admission. Check the various specification of eligibility below.
Nationality: The candidate applying should be the Indian National. However, French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession can also apply for admission to all the courses.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 12th/ HSC examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (40% for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC candidates).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology along with English as compulsory subjects.
- Qualification: The candidates studying/passed the 12th/ HSC examination from a recognized board are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science subjects.
- Qualification: The candidate must have cleared the 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates may also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed Physics & Chemistry are compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science subjects.
- Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 12th standard examination from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
- Subject: The candidate must have passed Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ English ad necessary subjects.
For Undergraduate Art & Science course– B.A./ B.COM./ B.Sc./ B.B.A./ B.C.A
|History||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Economics||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Philosophy||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Tamil||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|English||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|French||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Social Work||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Sociology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Bio-Technology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Biology/ Botany/ Zoology as one of the subjects|
|Applied Microbiology||H.Sc.,(+2) or equivalent with Biology / Botany / Zoology as one of the subjects|
|Clinical Nutrition and|
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Chemistry &n Biology/ Foundation Science/ Nutrition &|
Dietetics/ Food Preservation as one of the subjects with minimum 50% marks in English
|General||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Accountancy/ Commerce as one of the subjects|
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy /|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy/|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|Foreign Trade||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy/|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|Tourism||H.Sc./ 12 of any board or equivalent recognized by the Pondicherry University|
|General||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Commerce as one of|
|Mathematics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Mathematics (NOT Business Mathematics) as one of the subject|
|Physics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Physics,|
Mathematics and Chemistry
|Chemistry||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Chemistry /|
Foundation Science / MLT
|Botany||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with|
Botany / Biology
|Zoology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Biology|
|Computer Science||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications as one of the subjects|
|Computer Applications||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications as one of the subjects|
|Statistics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subject|
|Psychology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Hindi||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Malayalam||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Home Science||H.Sc. or equivalent (12) with Biology/|
Chemistry/ Home Science as one of the
For Undergraduate Art & Science courses – B.A./ B.COM./ B.Sc./ B.B.A./ B.C.A- lateral entry
|B.Com., B.Com (Co-operative Management)|
B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) and B.Com. (Foreign Trade)
|Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma in Commerce or Diploma in Modern
Office Practice (Three Years Course) awarded
by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt.
of Tamil Nadu or other states.
|B.C.A. and B.Sc. Computer Science||Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma in Computer Science/Information
Application in First Class (10+3 years of study).
|B.B.A. (Tourism)||Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma course in any field(10+3 years of study).
For Undergraduate Performing Arts & Fine Arts Courses – B.P.A. / B.V.A.
|Bachelor Of Visual Arts||Visual Art||12 of Any State Board or equivalent & must have obtained at least 45% of marks (40% of marks in case of the candidate belonging to the reserved category) in the qualifying examination|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts||Music||12 of Any State Board or equivalent|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts||Dance||12 of Any State Board or equivalent|
For undergraduate Performing Arts & Fine Arts Courses – B.P.A. / B.V.A.- lateral entry
|BVA Degree Course||Candidates must score 60% in the General Knowledge on History of Arts test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
|BPA Degree Courses (Music)||Candidates must score 60% in the Vocal, Veena, Violin and Mrudhangam test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
|BPA Degree Courses (Dance)||Candidates must score 60% in the Bharathanatiyam test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
For Hotel Management & Catering Courses – B.Sc
- Candidates must have passed the 12th examination with 10+2 pattern in any stream with English as a mandatory subject
- The candidate must have 50% marks in English.
- Candidates must be of 25 years in age (28 years in case of SC/ST category candidates).
Postgraduate Medical courses
- Candidates should have a valid NEET-PG or NEET-MDS scorecard of the same year.
- Candidates must have a registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- The candidate must have completed one year of internship or likely to complete the internship on or before the last week of March 2021.
Note: The result of NEET-PG 2021 and NEET-MDS 2021 shall only be valid for the current admission session i.e. Session 2021.
CENTAC 2021 Merit List
The authorities will prepare the CENTAC 2021 Merit list of the students who have applied and got selected. Merit list is issued for admission to all the courses except MBBS & BDS. The merit is prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the respective qualifying examination. To put it differently, the admission of the candidate totally depends on marks obtained by him/ her in a 10+2 level examination. In case of a tie between two candidates, an inter-se-merit list is prepared in the order of priority.
The students will also have an option to raise objections. The duration to raise the objections will be one or two days. Henceforth, a final merit list will be released after the consideration of the objection raised. A Separate merit list is made for Government Quota & Management Quota Seats.
CENTAC Cut-Off List
The CENTAC Cut-Off is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate has to score in order to participate in the admission process. The cutoff marks will vary from Institute to Institute. The cut-off marks will depend on the course and category. Students will be selected as per their CENTAC Ranks.
CENTAC UG/PG Seat Reservation 2021
Candidates must be aware of the CENTAC Reservation Criteria. Therefore, Category wise seat details for the candidates of U.T. of Puducherry are given below.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslim (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||16%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Serviceman (EX)||1% for MBBS & 3% for all other courses|
|Person With Disabilities (PWD)||3%|
|Candidates who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2021 Result
CENTAC Result will release for the entrance examination that will take place. The result will carry marks secured by the students in the entrance test. The candidates must print a copy of the result as it will be used at the time of the admission. The candidates who have appeared can check and download the result from the official website. It accessed by using the previously used CENTAC Logins.
CENTAC Counselling 2021
After the declaration of the CENTAC Merit List Result, the counselling will take place. Candidates have to appear for the Online CENTAC Counselling 2020. In other words, the CENTAC Counselling will be done in the online mode. For this purpose, the selected students are will be required to register at the CENTAC website only. By paying the admission fees through online payment, including Debit cards, Credit cards, and NEFT. At the time of counselling, one has to fill the choices according to preference.
Counselling Process may be done in one or more rounds depending upon the necessity. Generally, counselling may consist of FIRST Round, SECOND Round, and Mop UP Round. However, CENTAC reserves the right to do more number of rounds in order to fill up the seats. Additionally, CENTAC also reserves the right to do Physical (manual) counselling in any round including the mop-up round. There will be no mock allotment unless notified separately. To put it differently, Mock allotments will be done only for the courses for which the selected candidate have been notified separately.
CENTAC 2021 Admissions
CENTAC Admissions will be done on the basis of the scores of the 12th or equivalent qualifying examination. With attention to MBBS / BDS courses, the NEET score will be considered. Candidates will be allotted seats on a provisional basis. Consequently, a Provisional Allotment Order will be issued. Thereupon, candidates must download the Provisional Allotment Order for future reference. It’s important to realize that one has to report to the venue in the provided time. Failing which will lead to automatic cancellation of the provisional allotment.