Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) conducts admission to its various UG, PG and Diploma courses. The University has started the Admissions for MBBA, BDS, and BAMS Courses on 17th October 2020. The University has released the list of eligible candidates and first-round admission schedule of UG-NON NEET Courses. This is a state-level procedure for admission to various government and private colleges in the Union Territory of Puducherry. The admission is provided to students on the basis of the marks scored in 10, 10+2, or equivalent examination. The candidates who are willing to take admission through CENTAC 2020 can apply for the counseling on its official website i.e, centacpuducherry.in. In this article, you will learn all about CENTAC 2020 Admission. Such as Date, Application form, Eligibility Criteria, and other relevant information.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Latest Updates of CENTAC
- List of ineligible candidates of B.Tech (Lateral Entry) and First Round Admission Schedule of UG Non-NEET Courses Released. Check the CENTAC Merit List.
- CENTAC NEET Application Form is now closed.
CENTAC 2020 Overview
Let’s take a look at some details related to CENTAC you must be aware of.
|Conducting Body||Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC)|
|Exam Type||UG Level|
|Offered Courses||UG, PG and Diploma Courses|
CENTAC 2020 Important Dates
Dates will be published by the authorities through an information brochure on CENTAC Website. With this in mind, the candidates are advised to remain up to date regarding the important dates. We will update you as soon as any information releases. Until then you can check the tentative dates of CENTAC Puducherry.
|Online Application form release date||17th October 2020 and 20th October 2020|
|Application form submission Last Date||27th October 2020|
|Release of Merit List||–|
|Counselling for other state candidates||–|
CENTAC 2020 Application Form
The Application Form will be available to the candidates for filling in the month of May 2020. Check some key points regarding the CENTAC Registration Form.
- CENTAC 2020 Form will be available Online only. In other words, interested candidates can fill the CENTAC Application Form 2020 online. They can get the CENTAC Online Form through the website, centacpuducherry.in.
- The candidates who are looking forward to applying for L.L.B. have to fill a separate Application Form.
- The application process will be completed in three steps– Registration, filling the application form, uploading of images and payment of application fee. Candidates will be required to fill the mandatory personal details with some other details such as Scanned images of photograph and signature. Thereafter candidates have to complete the registration by making the payment of the fee.
- The candidate must register with the valid phone number and email id.
- Candidate must read the Information Brochure carefully before heading to the application process. As no request of modification will be entertained after the submission of the form.
CENTAC 2020 Application Fee
There is a certain amount of application fee tp be paid. CENTAC 2020 Application Fee can be paid through online mode. The payment can be made through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
The application fee for different no of courses & categories are as follows:
|No. of Courses||General Category||SC/ST Category|
|For 1 Course||Rs.600||Rs.300|
|For 2 Courses||Rs.900||Rs.450|
|For 3 Courses||Rs.1200||Rs.600|
|For BA LLB||Rs.600||Rs.300|
Courses Offered Through CENTAC
Through CENTAC one can get admission to various courses. Check below if the course of your choice is available or not.
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc (MLT)
- BA. LL.B
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Horticulture
CENTAC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A certain pre-described standard of admission has been set by the committee for admission through CENTAC. The candidate must fulfil the necessary conditions set by the authorities in order to get admission. Check the various specification of eligibility below.
Nationality: The candidate applying should be the Indian National. However, French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession can also apply for admission to all the courses.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 12th/ HSC examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (40% for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC candidates).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology along with English as compulsory subjects.
- Qualification: The candidates studying/passed the 12th/ HSC examination from a recognized board are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science subjects.
- Qualification: The candidate must have cleared the 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates may also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory Subjects: The candidate must have passed Physics & Chemistry are compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science subjects.
- Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 12th standard examination from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
- Subject: The candidate must have passed Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ English ad necessary subjects.
For Undergraduate Art & Science course– B.A./ B.COM./ B.Sc./ B.B.A./ B.C.A
|History||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Economics||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Philosophy||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Tamil||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|English||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|French||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Social Work||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Sociology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Bio-Technology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Biology/ Botany/ Zoology as one of the subjects|
|Applied Microbiology||H.Sc.,(+2) or equivalent with Biology / Botany / Zoology as one of the subjects|
|Clinical Nutrition and|
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Chemistry &n Biology/ Foundation Science/ Nutrition &|
Dietetics/ Food Preservation as one of the subjects with minimum 50% marks in English
|General||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Accountancy/ Commerce as one of the subjects|
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy /|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy/|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|Foreign Trade||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Accountancy/|
Commerce as one of the subjects
|Tourism||H.Sc./ 12 of any board or equivalent recognized by the Pondicherry University|
|General||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Commerce as one of|
|Mathematics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Mathematics (NOT Business Mathematics) as one of the subject|
|Physics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Physics,|
Mathematics and Chemistry
|Chemistry||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Chemistry /|
Foundation Science / MLT
|Botany||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with|
Botany / Biology
|Zoology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Biology|
|Computer Science||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications as one of the subjects|
|Computer Applications||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications as one of the subjects|
|Statistics||H.Sc./ 12 or equivalent with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subject|
|Psychology||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Hindi||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Malayalam||H.Sc./ 12 or its equivalent|
|Home Science||H.Sc. or equivalent (12) with Biology/|
Chemistry/ Home Science as one of the
For Undergraduate Art & Science courses – B.A./ B.COM./ B.Sc./ B.B.A./ B.C.A- lateral entry
|B.Com., B.Com (Co-operative Management)|
B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) and B.Com. (Foreign Trade)
|Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma in Commerce or Diploma in Modern
Office Practice (Three Years Course) awarded
by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt.
of Tamil Nadu or other states.
|B.C.A. and B.Sc. Computer Science||Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma in Computer Science/Information
Application in First Class (10+3 years of study).
|B.B.A. (Tourism)||Candidates must have passed the|
Diploma course in any field(10+3 years of study).
For Undergraduate Performing Arts & Fine Arts Courses – B.P.A. / B.V.A.
|Bachelor Of Visual Arts||Visual Art||12 of Any State Board or equivalent & must have obtained at least 45% of marks (40% of marks in case of the candidate belonging to the reserved category) in the qualifying examination|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts||Music||12 of Any State Board or equivalent|
|Bachelor of Performing Arts||Dance||12 of Any State Board or equivalent|
For undergraduate Performing Arts & Fine Arts Courses – B.P.A. / B.V.A.- lateral entry
|BVA Degree Course||Candidates must score 60% in the General Knowledge on History of Arts test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
|BPA Degree Courses (Music)||Candidates must score 60% in the Vocal, Veena, Violin and Mrudhangam test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
|BPA Degree Courses (Dance)||Candidates must score 60% in the Bharathanatiyam test and 40% in the qualifying examination.|
For Hotel Management & Catering Courses – B.Sc
- Candidates must have passed the 12th examination with 10+2 pattern in any stream with English as a mandatory subject
- The candidate must have 50% marks in English.
- Candidates must be of 25 years in age (28 years in case of SC/ST category candidates).
Postgraduate Medical courses
- Candidates should have a valid NEET-PG or NEET-MDS scorecard of the same year.
- Candidates must have a registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- The candidate must have completed one year of internship or likely to complete the internship on or before the last week of March 2020.
Note: The result of NEET-PG 2020 and NEET-MDS 2020 shall only be valid for the current admission session i.e. Session 2020.
CENTAC 2020 Admit Card
Along with the admission procedure, CENTAC also conducts entrance test for some selected courses. Therefore, it releases the admit card for the candidates who have applied and for the entrance test. The candidates who have successfully filled the Examination Form can download their respective admit cards from the website of the CENTAC online. The list of courses for which the committee will issue CENTAC Admit Card 2020 is given below.
- M.V.Sc Courses
- M.Sc (Nursing)
- M.Sc (Agri) & M.Sc (Horti)
CENTAC 2020 Merit List
The authorities will prepare the CENTAC 2020 Merit list of the students who have applied and got selected. Merit list is issued for admission to all the courses except MBBS & BDS. The merit is prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the respective qualifying examination. To put it differently, the admission of the candidate totally depends on marks obtained by him/ her in a 10+2 level examination. In case of a tie between two candidates, an inter-se-merit list is prepared in the order of priority.
The students will also have an option to raise objections. The duration to raise the objections will be one or two days. Henceforth, a final merit list will be released after the consideration of the objection raised. A Separate merit list is made for Government Quota & Management Quota Seats.
CENTAC Cut-Off List
The CENTAC Cut-Off is the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate has to score in order to participate in the admission process. The cutoff marks will vary from Institute to Institute. The cut-off marks will depend as per the course and category. Students will be selected as per their CENTAC Ranks.
CENTAC 2020 Seat Reservation
Candidates must be aware of the CENTAC 2020 Reservation Criteria. Therefore, Category wise seat details for the candidates of U.T. of Puducherry are given below.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslim (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||16%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Serviceman (EX)||1% for MBBS & 3% for all other courses|
|Person With Disabilities (PWD)||3%|
|Candidates who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2020 Result
CENTAC Result will release for the entrance examination that will take place. The result will carry marks secured by the students in the entrance test. The candidates must print a copy of the result as it will be used at the time of the admission. The candidates who have appeared can check and download the result from the official website. It accessed by using the previously used CENTAC Logins.
CENTAC 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of the CENTAC Merit List Result, the counselling will take place. Candidates have to appear for the Online CENTAC Counselling 2020. In other words, the CENTAC Counselling will be done in the online mode. For this purpose, the selected students are will be required to register at the CENTAC website only. By paying the admission fees through online payment, including Debit cards, Credit cards, and NEFT. At the time of counselling, one has to fill the choices according to preference.
Counselling Process may be done in one or more rounds depending upon the necessity. Generally, counselling may consist of FIRST Round, SECOND Round, and Mop UP Round. However, CENTAC reserves the right to do more number of rounds in order to fill up the seats. Additionally, CENTAC also reserves the right to do Physical (manual) counselling in any round including the mop-up round. There will be no mock allotment unless notified separately. To put it differently, Mock allotments will be done only for the courses for which the selected candidate have been notified separately.
CENTAC 2020 Admissions
CENTAC Admissions will be done on the basis of the scores of the 12th or equivalent qualifying examination. With attention to MBBS / BDS courses, the NEET score will be considered. Candidates will be allotted seats on a provisional basis. Consequently, a Provisional Allotment Order will be issued. Thereupon, candidates must download the Provisional Allotment Order for future reference. It’s important to realize that one has to report to the venue in the provided time. Failing which will lead to automatic cancellation of the provisional allotment.