IGNOU is the largest Open University in India. It also offers the MBA course and various diploma programmes associated with it. The admission to the MBA programme is done on the basis of an entrance known as OPENMAT which is conducted twice a year. The application procedure for OPENMAT and MBA admissions will be available offline only.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Interested candidates will have to collect the Student Handbook & Prospectus from IGNOU. They can also download the forms from the internet. The Application Form 1 has to be submitted for applying for OPENMAT and on clearing the test, they will have to submit the Application Form 2 for admission.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Important Dates for OPENMAT and MBA Admissions
|Last date for submission of Application (Form 1)||21 August 2017||15 December 2017|
|Date of Exam||24 September 2017||4 February 2018|
|Last date for Submission of Application (Form 2)||31 December 2017 (1st Sem)|
31st May 2018 (2nd Sem)
|31st May 2018 (1st Sem)|
30 November (2nd Sem)
Validity of IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Score
OPENMAT XLII: Candidates who have cleared the OPENMAT XLII examination that was held in September 2017 will be able to apply for the 1st Semester in January 2018 and 2nd Semester in July 2018.
OPENMAT XLIII: Candidates who clear the OPENMAT XLIII to be held on 4th February 2018 will be able to apply for 1st Semester in July 2018 and 2nd Semester in January 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MBA Programme
The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA programme would be as per the AICTE norms viz.
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- No age bar
IGNOU OPENMAT 2018 Application Procedure
Form 1 (for OPENMAT)
The Application form will have to be submitted offline. Candidates can either collect the Student’s Handbook & Prospectus from IGNOU counter or Download the Application form online. Note the following points regarding Application form:
- The Application Forms (Form 1) for OPENMAT can be collected from IGNOU on payment of Rs. 1000/-.
- In case the form is downloaded from the internet, a Demand Draft of Rs. 1050/- will have to be submitted along with the form.
- Candidates are not required to send any certificates/documents with Form 1. On clearing OPENMAT, candidates will have to submit valid documents with Form 2.
- The correctly Filled in Form will have to be posted to the following Address:
Block 12 IGNOU,
New Delhi – 110 068
Form 2 (On Clearing OPENMAT)
On clearing the OPENMAT Entrance test, candidates will have to submit the Form 2 for Admission to MBA course. Note the following Points regarding Form 2:
- Candidates will have to submit the Form 2 at the concerned REGIONAL CENTRE.
- A Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- per course has to be sent along with it.
- Candidates will have to submit self-attested copies of relevant documents to establish their eligibility.
The following documents will have to be enclosed with Form 2:
- Self attested copies of Certificates in support of your educational qualification(s).
- Original score card of qualifying OPENMAT
- OPENMAT Original Hall Ticket
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Identity Card duly filled up
- Enclosed Demand Draft for the fee of the programme @1,500/- per course.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket for IGNOU OPENMAT 2018
Hall Tickets will be uploaded on the University website 10 days before the exam. No Hall Ticket will be sent by post to any candidate. Candidates will have to download the hall ticket issued in their name from IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in) and report to the examination centre for appearing in the entrance test.
Result and Score Card of IGNOU OPENMAT 2018
The OPENMAT result card will be sent to the students within 6-7 weeks from the date of the OPENMAT examination. In case of non-receipt of the result card, result card can be downloaded from the IGNOU website which is www.ignou.ac.in.
Result cards will indicate the status of the candidates as qualifying or not qualifying. Only those who are indicated as qualifying would be eligible for applying for Admission to the Management Programme.
Exam Pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT 2018
The following points highlight the exam pattern for OPENMAT:
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Total number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
The Question paper will consist of Four Tests as follows:
No. of Questions
|Test I||General Awareness||30|
|Test II||English Language||50|
|Test III||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
IGNOU MBA Programme Structure
A wide range of Courses are offered in the January and July Semester of the MBA programme, of which candidates will have to choose from. On completion of a specific combination of the courses, candidates will earn any of the following Qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), or
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
For More details regarding the courses and Diplomas read the Information Brochure here: IGNOU 2018 Information Brochure.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or queries.