GPAT 2021: NTA GPAT Result has been declared on 20th March 2021. Candidates can view their scorecards now. The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national-level exam and thus offers admission to students in courses such as M.Pharma across the country. Further, it is conducted in online mode, i.e it is a computer-based test. Candidates, however, have to first submit the application form in order for being eligible to appear for the exam. In addition, do not forget to check out the eligibility criteria. Moreover, after the result declaration of GPAT 2021, the cutoff and counselling are under the control of the respective institutes offering admissions. For more details about the admission process, application, eligibility, and result, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- GPAT 2021 Result has been announced, candidates can check their qualifying status. However, in order to view the scorecard, candidates have to provide the Application Number, DOB, and Security Pin.
- Question Paper & Answer Key has been uploaded. The facility to challenge the solution key is also provided. However, the last date for Display of Question Paper & Challenge of Answer Key was
09th March 202111th March 2021 (Upto 5 PM), after this, no such requests shall be accepted. In order to challenge a question-answer, candidates had to pay a sum of 1000 rupees.
- GPAT Form Correction procedure started from 02nd February 2021. However, now the correction process has been concluded.
- NTA released the official information brochure for allowing students to go through the complete details about the admission and selection procedure. – Check GPAT 2021 Brochure
GPAT 2021 Examination
Through this exam, students get admission to more than 782 institutes participating in the admission process. Wherein, the admission is granted purely on the basis of merit. The candidates should further be aware of all the NTA Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test important events and dates. Thus, the exam activities schedule is provided below.
Commencement of Applications for GPAT 2021
|23rd December 2020|
Last date to fill Application Form
|30th January 2021|
Last date to upload documents and pay Application Fee
|31st January 2021|
Application Form Correction
|02nd February 2021|
Availability of Admit Card
|15th February 2021|
|22/ 27th February 2021|
Question Paper and candidate Response Sheet
|07th March 2021|
Last Date to Challenge Solution Key
|11th March 2021|
Declaration of GPAT Result 2021
|20th March 2021|
GPAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria defined the conditions which each candidate must satisfy for being eligible to appear for the exam. Note that the authorities accept applications of students who satisfy the eligibility criteria. Furthermore, the GPAT Eligibility Criteria prescribed by the NTA is as follows:
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- There is no age bar for applying, hence students of different age categories can apply.
- Moreover, it is important for the applicant to have a 4-year B.Pharmacy degree from a recognized university.
- Further, the students who are in the final year of the B.Pharma course are also eligible for the course. However, their result should be declared before the session commences.
- In addition, the students with a B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) are not eligible for the course.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Application Form 2021
If an applicant satisfies all the eligibility conditions, then he/ she can fill the GPAT Application Form 2021. The NTA releases the application form in online mode. That is, the students have to visit their official website to fill and submit the form. The application process further comprises certain steps which include registration, filling up details, uploading documents, and payment of application fee. Furthermore, a candidate cannot submit multiple applications. In case any of the students submit multiple applications, then those get rejected by the authorities. The step-by-step guide to apply successfully is further mentioned below, as some of the students may face difficulty in submitting an online application.
How To Apply for GPAT 2021?
The different stages of the GPAT application process are as follows:
- Registration: All the applicants have to register first so that a unique application number is generated. In addition, the students have to provide some basic details for completing the registration process. Moreover, ensure that you provide the correct contact details, as the authorities further send notifications through those only.
- Filling up Details: After registering successfully, you further have to use the registration ID and password to login. Further, the application form appears on the screen, and students can start filling in the asked details. Moreover, ensure that the details you provide match the ones present on your official documents.
- Upload Documents: Candidates then have to upload certain documents as per the prescribed specifications. Note that the scanned copies of documents have to be uploaded. Wherein, the size of the photograph should be between 10-200 Kb and signature 4- 30 Kb. Candidates should upload the documents carefully as you may not be able to make any changes in this section further.
- Payment of Application Fee: After uploading the documents, students have to make a payment of the application fee. The category-wise application fee for GPAT is mentioned in the table given below. In addition, the payment can be done through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
General/ Non- Creamy layer OBC
SC/ ST/ PwD
- Download Confirmation Page: After the completion of payment, a confirmation page appears on your screen. Candidates need to download it and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Therefore, by following these steps you can successfully fill and submit the application form.
NTA GPAT Exam Centres
The GPAT Examination Centres are located in different cities across the country. Candidates have to choose 4 preferred exam centers out of the provided list while filling the form. Note that the authorities allow the exam center as per the filled-in choices only. The NTA further mentions allotted exam center details on the admit card. After the issuance of the hall ticket, the allotted exam centre does not get changed under any circumstances. The list of cities where the exam is conducted is further provided below. Candidates have to make a choice out of these only.
CHANDIGARH/ MOHALI/ PANCHKULA
DELHI/ NEW DELHI
JAMMU & KASHMIR
GPAT Syllabus Details
The students should gather all the information about the GPAT exam syllabus before starting the preparation. It helps in preparing an efficient plan of action. Further, subject-wise important topics are mentioned below.
Composition & physical states of matter, Colligative Properties, Thermodynamics, Refractive index, etc.
Matter, properties of matter, Micromeritics and powder rheology, Surface and interfacial phenomenon, Viscosity, and rheology, etc.
General principles, Different classes of compounds, Protection & deprotection of groups, Aromaticity & chemistry of aromatic compounds, etc.
Pharmacy Profession & Introduction to Pharmaceuticals, Introduction to dosage form, Sources of drug information, Allopathic dosage form, etc.
General Pharmacology, Detailed pharmacology including classification, mechanism of action, and therapeutic uses.
Introductory Pharmacognosy, Classification of crude drugs, Techniques in microscopy, Introduction to phytoconstituents, etc.
Importance of quality control in pharmacy, Acid-base titrations, Non-aqueous titrations, Oxidation-reduction titrations, etc.
Cell, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, Vitamins, Biological oxidations & reductions, Enzymes, Nucleic acids, and Hereditary diseases.
Plant Cell and Tissue Culture, Animal Cell Culture, Fermentation Technology, and Industrial Microbiology, Recombinant DNA Technology, etc.
Introduction to Microbiology, Microscopy and staining technique, Biology of Microorganisms, Fungi and Viruses, etc
Basic principles of cell injury and adaptation, Basic mechanisms of inflammation and repair, Disorders of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balance, etc.
BIOPHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACOKINETICS
Bio-pharmaceutics, Bioavailability & Bioequivalence, and Biopharmaceutical statistics.
CLINICAL PHARMACY AND THERAPEUTICS
Clinical pharmacy, Trials, The therapeutic drug, etc
HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
Cell physiology, The Blood, Gastrointestinal tract, Lymphatic system, etc
Fluid flow, Heat transfer, Evaporation, Distillation, etc.
Introduction to management, Planning and Forecasting, Organization, Research Management, etc.
Historical background Drug legislation in India, Code of Ethics for Pharmacists, and other specific legislation.
DISPENSING & HOSPITAL PHARMACY
Introduction to laboratory equipment, weighing methodology, handling of prescriptions, labeling instructions for dispensed products, etc.
GPAT Exam Pattern for 2021 Session
The exam pattern gives an insight to students about the details of the exam. From the mode of exam to no. of questions, students shall be able to get complete knowledge about the exam. The exam pattern is defined in the information brochure that is released by the authorities. Further, it helps you in prioritizing as well. While preparing for the exam, it is important to focus more on the sections that carry higher marks. Further, it also tells about the type of questions that shall be there in the exam. The GPAT Exam Pattern is thus described in the table given below.
Mode of Exam
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Marks for a correct response
Marks to be deducted for wrong response
Download – GPAT Question Papers
NTA GPAT Admit Card 2021
The admit card is issued to students whose applications reach on time. Moreover, it is considered as one of the most important documents due to the details mentioned in it. It consists of the exam date, time, exam hall details, and candidates’ details. Further, the students have to visit the NTA Official Website to download their GPAT 2021 Hall Ticket. Candidates have to carry the photocopy of the admit card to the exam hall. Note that under no circumstances a candidate is allowed inside the exam hall without the hall ticket. The invigilators basically refer to it for cross-checking whether the registered student has appeared for the exam or not. Furthermore, students can follow the below-mentioned steps to download their admit cards.
Steps To Download Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Hall Ticket
- Visit the Official Website of National Testing Agency (NTA) – www.nta.ac.in
- Click on the “Download GPAT Hall Ticket” link.
- Further, enter your login credentials to download the hall ticket.
- After entering the details, the admit card shall appear on your screen.
- In addition, download the admit card then and do take out 2-3 printouts of it.
Candidates are advised to take out 2-3 copies of admit card for future reference as it is required for admission processes further. Moreover, ensure that all the details on it are clear and can be read without difficulty.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Answer Key
The answer key contains the solutions to all the questions that are asked in the entrance exam. It is released by the authorities before the result declaration. In addition, it is released before the scorecard for allowing students to calculate a rough score. Further, a candidate can predict the chances of clearing the exam. The GPAT answer key solution is made available for download on the official website only. Candidates should refer to the solution key available on the official website only. As the result is prepared considering this only. Furthermore, it shall be available in PDF format, so that the students can easily check it out and download it.
NTA GPAT Scorecard 2021
The scorecards are released in online mode for allowing students to check their actual marks. Candidates have to visit the official website and enter their login credentials to check the results. In addition, there shall be no provision for re-evaluation of the score. The marks mentioned in the scorecard thus be final and shall be considered for further processes. Furthermore, do not forget to take out a printout of the GPAT result 2021 for future reference. Candidates can then apply to the desired participating institutes as per their scores. In addition, do check the cutoff marks of these institutes to check whether you have scored the minimum qualifying marks or not.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2021 Merit List
The National Testing Agency (NTA) release the All India Merit List. It indicates the student’s name, rank, roll number, and qualifying status. In addition, the students are ranked in order of merit in this list. Wherein, the student’s performance in the entrance exam is considered for the ranking purpose. GPAT merit list 2021 further be published on the NTA Official Website. Moreover, if two students would have scored the exact same marks, then tie-breaking criteria is considered during ranking.
GPAT 2021 Cut Off
The cutoff list indicates the minimum qualifying marks, which candidates need to score for being eligible for admission. It depends upon certain factors which include difficulty level of exam, no. of students who appeared for the exam, and seat availability. That is why the cutoff marks always vary every year. This list further is published on the NTA Official Website.
Increase in comparison to 2019 cutoff
NTA GPAT Counselling 2021
The GPAT Counselling is conducted separately by the respective admission providing institutes. Only the students who score the cutoff marks can take part in the GPAT counselling round. Further, this admission round begins soon after the result declaration. Only the students who clear this admission round are allotted seats. Moreover, the selection committee considers students’ rank and score during the allotment process. The procedure of document verification is carried out on the same day. Candidates further have to carry originals and photocopies of the documents. The list of documents you need to carry is further provided below.
- GPAT Admit Card
- Counselling Letter
- Latest Passport size Photograph
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Graduation Certificate
- Character Certificate
GPAT 2021- Participating Institutes
The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE approved colleges, institutes, and universities. In addition, as per the records, there are more than 800 institutes that accept GPAT score. Further, some of the top institutes that participate in the admission process are listed below. Candidates have to apply separately for each of the institutes. Moreover, the cutoff list of each institute is released separately. The students have to match the cutoff marks in order for being to get admission.
List of Top Institutes
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
Highlights of GPAT 2021
Name of the Exam
Graduate Pharmacy Admission Test
NTA- National Testing Agency
Purpose of GPAT exam
Admission to postgraduate in Pharmacy (M. Pharm)
Mode of Exam
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
Total number of Questions