GPAT Syllabus 2021: The exam date has been announced, it will be conducted on 22/ 27th February 2021. The syllabus for the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates appearing for the GPAT 2021 should have complete knowledge of the exam syllabus. It shall help you in the preparation process, as you can study the topics that require more attention and time. Thus, the subjects and topics are mentioned in this article. Further, you should solve as many question papers as possible. Those shall help you in having a better understanding of the exam pattern. For more details about the GPAT Syllabus 2021, exam pattern, important topics, and preparation tips, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- GPAT 2021 will be conducted on 22/ 27th February 2021. Candidates should prepare well for the test as the exam date is near.
GPAT Syllabus 2021
The Syllabus of the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test revolved around the topics of pharmaceutics. In addition, the exam pattern and syllabus in detail are provided below. The syllabus would probably be the same. However, if the syllabus is revised, then the same shall be updated here. Further, some of the important dates and events are mentioned in the table given below.
Commencement of Applications for GPAT 2021
|23rd December 2020|
Last date to fill Application Form
|30th January 2021|
Last date to upload documents and pay Application Fee
|31st January 2021|
Application Form Correction
|02nd February 2021|
|22/ 27th February 2021|
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern gives out all the details of the examination. Thus, along with the syllabus, it is important for students to be aware of the exam pattern. Further, the GPAT Exam Pattern 2021 as per the NTA guidelines is as follows:
- Mode of the Exam: Online
- Duration of the Exam: 3 Hours
- Total No. of Questions: 125
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Maximum Marks: 500
- Further, each question carries 4 marks
- In addition, negative marking is applicable, and thus for each incorrect answer, 1 mark gets deducted.
Detailed Syllabus of GPAT 2021
The important topics and subjects of the GPAT 2021 Syllabus are provided below. Candidates should ensure that they study these for good marks in the exam.
Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
NTA GPAT Question Paper 2021
The students preparing for the exam should refer to GPAT Previous Year Question Papers. It shall help you in understanding the exam pattern better. Further, by solving papers, students can find out their weak areas as well. Therefore, after completing the syllabus, you should start solving the previous year’s papers. The question papers are available online or students can also get the books that contain papers. Further, it increases your chances of clearing the exam. Candidates should thus try and solve as many papers as possible. This question paper is made available in PDF format online on the NTA Official Website (gpat.nta.nic.in). The students thus face no difficulty in downloading them.
Best Books for GPAT Preparation
The students should not refer to a lot of books as that may cause confusion. You should refer to one or two books for preparation. In addition, go for the books of authors who are known. However, for allowing you to easily choose the right book for yourself, we have listed some of the best books below.
|Name of Subject||Name of the Books||Authors|
|Pharmaceutics||The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy||Liebermann and Lachman, Lackman, Remington, IP, Martin, NK Jain (for NDDS), GK Jani (For calculation)|
|Unit Operation||Pharmaceutical engineering||Subramanyam|
|Pharmacology||Review of Pharmacology||Lippincott William|
|Pharm-Analysis||Spectroscopy and Titration|
|Pharmacognosy||Trease and Evans||William.C.Evans|
|Medicinal Chemistry||Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Harkishan Singh|
|Organic chemistry||Organic Chemistry||Morrison & Boyd|
|Natural Products Chemistry||Natural Products||O. P. Agrawal|
|Physical Chemistry||Physical Chemistry||Shishir Mittal|
|Biochemistry||Lippincott Wiliam||Review of Biochemistry|
|Pharmacology||Pharma chemistry||Jerry March, I.L.Finar, Wilson|
|Analysis||Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds||Silverstein|
|Jurisprudence||Pharmaceutics||N. K. Jain|
GPAT Syllabus 2021 – Preparation Tips
Some of the preparation tips you must consider while preparing for GPAT 2021 are as follows:
- The students should first gather complete information about the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Then you should prepare a time-table for yourself, wherein you should mention all the topics and the time period within which you complete those. Further, this shall help you in knowing within how much time you can complete the syllabus.
- Further, refer to only a few reference books and focus more on understanding the concepts well.
- Make sure that you solve as many question papers or mock tests as possible. Candidates can solve online mock tests or else you can buy books that contain previous years’ papers.
- In addition, don’t stress yourself out and do engage yourself in some physical activities or meditation as well.
- Moreover, if you are finding it difficult to study yourself, then do look for a good institute. GPAT is a national level exam and you need to study hard to clear it.