The Institute of Nursing Education, Goa, is the conducting body of Goa ANM Merit List 2021. The candidates who have given the application form for the ANM program can check their names in the merit list. However, the merit list displays the names of only those eligible candidates who have cleared the minimum cut-off marks. The Council of Medical Education in Goa decides the minimum cut-off marks to prepare the Goa ANM Merit List 2021. ANM stands for Auxiliary Nursing and MIdwives Course. One has to understand the main objective of this nursing course, before applying for the program. ANM program is of 2 years (1 ½ year + 6 months internship) duration. Also, it includes compulsory clinical experience in the hospital & in the community health centers, the primary health center, and sub-centers in the state of Goa.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Goa ANM Merit List 2021
Once the Goa ANM Application 2021 process closes, the council members of the Goa Nursing Council prepare the merit list. Merit list is actually the second last step in the process of final admission in the ANM course. The merit list is made available on the official website in PDF Format. Therefore, the eligible candidates can visit the official website of the Institute of Nursing Education, Goa. After that, they can click on the notification section and download the Goa ANM Merit List 2021 PDF. On the basis of the GNM Nursing Merit List, candidates are eligible to appear in the ANM Counselling Round.
ANM Nursing Goa 2021 Admission Important Dates
The Goa Nursing Council releases the ANM Admission List 2021 after the application process closes. Candidates must be well acquainted with the exam schedule. As then you do not miss out on any of the important events. Hence, the important events and dates are mentioned in the table below. If the dates are revised, then the same shall be updated here.
|Display of the Eligibility List||– September 2021 –|
|Display of the Provisionally Selected and Wait Listed Applicants||– September 2021 –|
|Admission of Provisionally Selected Candidates||– September 2021 –|
|Second Merit List||– September 2021 –|
|Admission Closes on||– October 2021 –|
Please note that all these dates pertain to the academic year 2021-22. Therefore, candidates should also keep a regular check of the official website of Goa Nursing Council and Institute of Nursing Education, Goa. (www.dhsgoa.gov.in)
How Does the Council Prepare the ANM Rank List?
It is very important for the candidates to understand the mechanism used in preparing the Goa ANM Merit List 2021. As there is no entrance exam for admission into the Goa nursing course. Therefore, the council members evaluate the aggregate marks of the candidates in the class 12th exam. The candidates who score good marks in the preferable subjects are eligible for admission into ANM Course in Goa. Also, there are two types of Merit List available- Overall Merit List and Category-Wise Merit List. The ANM List 2021 contains the name of the candidate, rank of the candidate, and the aggregate marks on the basis of which candidate is selected.
However, there is also the second and third round merit list. This totally depends upon the availability of the seats in the nursing institute. The Institute of Nursing Education, Goa, offers only 40 seats for the ANM course, for each academic year. Therefore, one should analyze the probability of getting selected in the college, by the percentage marks they score in aggregate. The preparation of the Goa ANM Rank List 2021 also depends upon many other factors. For example, the age of the candidates, their marks scored in the preferable subjects, etc. also play a vital role in deciding the rank list of the candidates.
Guidelines for Selection in the Merit List
There is no entrance exam for admission into the Goa ANM course. Therefore, the screening of the candidates is done on the basis of the aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examination. For example, candidates are enlisted in the ANM Rank List on the basis of their marks in class 12th. Their selection happens in the following order of merit:
- Those having passed the qualifying examination in Science Stream are in the topmost preference.
- Seats remaining vacant after selecting the candidates from the Science stream are filled in order of merit by the candidates having passed XII in the vocational stream: Course Health Care Science. However, the selection of vocational stream: Course Health Care Science is subject to approval from Goa Nursing Council.
- Now, even after this, if the seats remain vacant then the candidates from the Arts and Commerce Stream are given the preference.
- Also, the most important thing to note is that Five marks are deducted from the total aggregate of marks for every attempt (maximum attempts permitted are three).
How the Additional Marks is Computed?
- The additional number of marks are added to the total marks of those applicants who have represented in the Sports as per Government notification from time to time.
- Five marks are added to the total marks to those applicants who have passed the “C” Certificate NCC examination 10 marks are added to the total marks to those applicants who are NCC Cadets and have represented Goa at the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
Therefore, this is the usual order of selecting the candidates for admission into the ANM course in the state of Goa. There is no question of any discrepancy in the preparation of the merit list because it is scrutinized at many levels. The council members heed careful attention while preparing the Goa ANM Admission List 2021. But, even if the candidates feel any inaccuracy, they can directly contact the council body through email or telephone. The contact details have been mentioned below in this article.
Campal, Panaji- Goa. 403001
Tel. No: +91 – 832- 2225540 / 2225646
Email : directorhealth_goa (at) yahoo.co.in
The Procedure to Check ANM Nursing Merit List 2021
The candidates can follow the below process to check the ANM 2021 Merit List Final Result and check whether their names have come in the merit list or not.
- Visit the Official Website of the Institute of Nursing Council / Goa Nursing Council. The official link is given in this article.
- Now, provide the application number/ roll number in the required column.
- The ANM Nursing Merit List shall be available in PDF Format. Check your name by clicking Ctrl+F and type your name to search.
- Download and take the printout of the Merit List. This completes the process of checking the merit list.
Details Mentioned on the Final Merit List of ANM 2021
Candidates should check all the details mentioned on the rank list carefully. In case of any discrepancy, you should immediately contact the authorities. The Goa State ANM Merit List 2021, contain the following details printed on the Merit List-
- Name of the Candidate
- Category of the Candidate
- Status of the Applicant
- Merit Point
- Percentage of English Including Best Three Subjects
- Physically Handicapped Status of the Applicant
If two or a number of candidates have the same number of marks, then the tie-breaking criteria is applied. The ANM Merit list also follows the tie-breaking criteria in order to prepare the final Goa ANM Rank List 2021. The tie-breaking criteria comprise the following factors:
- If the qualifying percentage of total marks of two applicants is equal, then the applicant with more marks in the English subject is placed higher in the merit list.
- If the English marks of two applicants are also equal then the applicant having higher marks in the second language are placed higher in the merit list.
- Even after that, the tie still exists, then the candidate older in age get a Higher Rank.