GITAM GAT Exam Pattern 2022: Gitam University prescribes the paper pattern of GAT every year. As per the pattern, GAT Question Paper is set up. Therefore, candidates need to be familiar with the syllabus & exam pattern of GITAM GAT. The paper pattern contains the number of questions, marking scheme, duration of exam, etc. Hence, proper knowledge of it is quite beneficial for the candidates.
Check Eligibility For GITAM Exam
GITAM Admission Test (GAT) is a state-level entrance examination for admission into UG & PG admission in various campuses of GITAM.
GITAM Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||GITAM GAT|
|Acronym||GITAM Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Level of Admission||UG & PG Admission|
GITAM Exam Pattern 2022
Here is a brief discussion about the paper pattern of the GITAM Admission Test. After going through the below points, candidates will not have any doubts regarding the GITAM GAT Exam Pattern 2022.
- The exam will take place in online mode (computer-based test)
- GITAM Question paper consists of multiple-choice questions
- The duration of GAT is 2 hours (120 minutes)
- The question paper will be of total 100 marks
- There will be 3 sections in the question paper (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be given to the candidate
- Any wrong answer will lead to the loss of 1 mark
- In case the candidate leaves the question unanswered, then no marks will be deducted
GITAM Marking Scheme
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
NOTE: 4 marks for each correct answer & loss of 1 mark for every incorrect answer. 0 marks for questions that remain unanswered.
GITAM GAT 2022 Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern of GAT, candidates need to also know the syllabus of GITAM GAT. It is important to be well-versed with the subject-wise topics in order to prepare well.
|Units & Dimensions|
|Elements of Vectors|
|Work, Power and Energy|
|Center of Mass|
|Thermal properties of matter|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Simple Harmonic Motion|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Atoms & Nuclei|
|Semiconductor Devices and communication system|
|Electrostatics and Capacitors Elasticity|
|Classification Of Elements And Periodicity Of Properties|
|Hydrogen and Its Compounds|
|Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals|
|States Of Matter: Gases And Liquids|
|Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Practical Organic Chemistry|
|Chemistry In Everyday Life|
|Group 13 Elements|
|Group 14 Elements|
|Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids|
|Group 15-18 Elements|
|General Principles of Metallurgy|
|Principles Of Qualitative Analysis|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Sets, Relations and Functions|
|Matrices and Determinants|
|Applications of Derivatives|
|Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Applications of Integrals|
|Theory of Equations|
|Properties of Triangles|
|Binomial Theorem and its simple applications|
|Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola And Polar Coordinates|
|Sequences and series|
|Limits, Continuity and Differentiability|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Probabilities, Random Variables & Distributions|
GITAM GAT Preparation Tips 2022
Those who are going to appear for GAT must prepare in advance to qualify for the exam. Otherwise, they will lose their chances of admission. So, we are providing a few tips & tricks to the candidates so that they score well.
- Firstly, aspirants must clearly go through the syllabus & exam pattern of GITAM GAT. It is important to know the subject-wise topics in order to create a study strategy. Hence, the first and foremost tip is to check the syllabus of GAT. Also, the paper pattern will guide the candidates about the total questions, marking scheme, etc.
- Now, formulate a study plan as per the syllabus. Divide the syllabus for different days and then study as per the time table. This will help the candidates to keep a track of their progress.
- Make notes, wherever necessary. It is easy to remember when we write the problem and then understand it. Also, focus on acquiring the knowledge of various concepts to solve any problem.
- After finishing the syllabus, practice GITAM GAT previous year question paper, mock tests, model papers, etc. Toppers suggest that solving the question papers has been a huge boost in the preparation process. Also, solving maximum question papers helps the candidates to increase their confidence and also learn time management.
- Further, ensure that you revise the syllabus as much as possible. It usually happens that the candidates forget the answer at the last moment or get confused, which is why revision must be done to avoid any confusion while giving the exam.
- Lastly, take enough rest and eat a balanced diet to provide enough nutrition to the body.