DOST Admission 2020: DOST – 2020 Special Phase seat allotment have been started on 31st Oct 2020. Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee/ seat reservation fee as the case may be) by students will take place from 31st Oct- 5th Nov. The updated schedule has been announced. Search by Colleges/Courses. The List of Helpline Centres for Admission 2020-21 has been released. Therefore, all the students need to pre-register themselves @dost.cgg.gov.in. The Admission Schedule of DOST 2020-21 has been announced, get all the latest updates here. The COE has released the UG and BEd Semester Exam Result. Candidates can check the result below. The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) conducts an online counselling program for admission into various Undergraduate courses called Degree Online Services Telangana (DOST) on the official website.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
DOST 2020-21 is the online service portal for various degree courses. The candidates who want to pursue courses such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Com (Voc), B.Com (Hons), BSW, BBM, BCA, etc. from the state universities of Telangana can apply for fresh application forms for DOST Degree Admission 2020 from its official website. The official notification for the admission through Degree Online Services Telangana comes in the month of May 2020.
- DOST – 2020 Special Phase Seal Allotment started on 31st Oct 2020. Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee/ seat reservation fee as the case may be) by students will take place from 31st Oct- 5th Nov. Click Here to Register Online.
- Check Registration and web options Schedule Below
- List of Helpline Centres for DOST 2020 Admission
- DOST Telangana has released the UG CBCS and BEd Semester Result Dec-Jan 2019-20. Check Exam Result now
Important Dates For DOST 2020-21
The officials have not yet given the dates of TS DOST Admission 2020 for fresh application and admission process. However, the admission process and the official notification usually releases in the month of May each year. Therefore, the candidates who aspire to take apply for DOST must visit the official website during this time in order to get the latest updates. Also, we are providing a list of tentative dates for the admission process. The table below gives the tentative dates for DOST Degree Admission 2020
Admission Schedule, DOST 2020-21
|2||Phase I Registrations|
(with registration fee of Rs.200/-)
|24.08.2020 to 07.09.2020|
|3||Web options||29.08.2020 to 08.09.2020|
|4||Verification of Special Category Certificates||(i) 03.09.2020 PH/ CAP|
(ii) 04.09.2020 – NCC/ Extra Curricular Activities
(at All University Help Line Centers from 10:00 AM )
|5||Phase I Seat allotment||16.09.2020|
|6||Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee/seat reservation fee as the case may be) by students||17.09.2020 to 22.09.2020|
|7||Phase II registration|
(with registration fee of Rs.400/-)
|17.09.2020 to 23.09.2020|
|8||Phase II web options||17.09.2020 to 23.09.2020|
|9||Phase II Verification of Special Category Certificates||(i) 21.09.2020 – PH/CAP/NCC/Extra Curricular Activities|
(at All University Help Line Centers from 10:00 AM )
|10||Phase II Seat allotment||28.09.2020|
|11||Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee/ seat reservation fee as the case may be) by students||28.09.2020 to 02.10.2020|
|12||Phase III registration|
(with registration fee of Rs.400/-)
|28.09.2020 to 03.10.2020|
|13||Phase III web options||28.09.2020 to 03.10.2020|
|14||Verification of Special Category Certificates||(i) 30.09.2020 – PH/ CAP/ NCC/ Extra Curricular Activities|
(at All University Help Line Centers from 10:00 AM )
|15||Phase III Seat allotment||08.10.2020|
|16||Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee/ seat reservation fee as the case may be) by students||08.10.2020 to 10.10.2020|
|17||Reporting to Colleges by the students who have already confirmed their seats online (self-reporting) in Phase-I, Phase-II and Phase-III||08.10.2020 to 12.10.2020|
|18||Commencement of class work, Semester-I||will be announced later|
DOST 2020 Registration
The interested candidates can keep a regular check of the official website of DOST Telangana 2020. In order to know the latest updates on the admission process. In this article, we are giving the details of the fresh application process, eligibility for various courses. Seat allotment and various other useful information regarding the DOST Admission process for the academic session 2020-21. Candidates can read this article further in order to understand various details of getting admission through DOST. We will notify the candidates with every latest release in the updates section in this article.
TS DOST Admission 2020
The Degree Online Services Telangana (DOST) is the most efficient and student-friendly. It is a way to apply for various undergraduate courses in the state of Telangana. Candidates can apply for DOST Telangana 2020 through its online portal. The council members invite the fresh application form from the candidates in the month of May 2020. Candidates must keep a regular check of the official website. To get the latest updates on the admission process. However, we will also notify the candidates. With any latest updates on the DOST Admission 2020 in the updates section in the article.
Pre-Requisites for DOST Admission 2020
The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) lays a few pre-requisites. For the candidates applying for DOST Admission Telangana 2020 to get admission into UG courses in the state. Therefore, the candidates must qualify and fulfill all the pre-requisites. Before applying for the fresh admission. Only those who are eligible by fulfilling all the conditions can apply for the Telangana Online Degree Services. Here are a few pre-requisites which the applicants must read. Before applying for the application form of DOST:
- The candidate applying in DOST must have his/her Aadhaar linked with their mobile number.
- The candidates whose Aadhaar card is not linked with mobile number must visit the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra/ Post Office / Banks to link their Aadhaar with the mobile number.
- The mobile number provided must be active throughout the completion of the DOST admission process.
Eligibility Criteria: DOST 2020 UG Courses
The State Govt. of Telangana State lays a few eligibility criteria for the admissions through TS DOST Admission 2020 for various UG courses. Candidates must go through all the eligibility conditions before applying for the registration. In case if any candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility then he/she must not apply for the admission. All such forms are subject to rejection by the admission council. The candidates may not receive the application fees. Hence, it is significant to go through all the eligibility criteria before filling the registration form. Applicants can read the following eligibility conditions and ensure that they are eligible to apply for the course they desire to pursue:
- Candidates must have passed a Two-year Intermediate Examination conducted by the BIETS (Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana State) or any other Intermediate Level Examination of any other University/Board.
- In the case of candidates who have passed the Intermediate (Vocational) courses from BIETS and Intermediate examination conducted by Boards other than BIETS, ICSE, and CBSE; the Principals of respective colleges should ensure that the candidates must submit Eligibility Certificate issued by BIETS.
- Candidates passing the qualifying exam in one attempt shall be given preference during admission. The candidates clearing it in parts shall be allotted seats after them.
Eligibility to Apply for Different Courses
- The Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology Course from BIETS or from any other state equivalent to it are eligible for admission into B.A. /B.Com courses only.
- However, the candidates holding the ‘Bridge course’ along with Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology are eligible for B.Sc. Courses.
- Candidates seeking admissions into B.Sc must have passed the qualifying exam with a score of 40% (passing marks in case of ST/SC) in the subject they have opted for in the degree program.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Arts/Commerce subjects are not eligible for admission to B.Sc. Course.
- Candidates who have passed an Intermediate examination with Mathematics, Economics and Commerce combination can be considered eligible for admission to (Maths, Statistics and Computer Science) combination of B.Sc only.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Science /Arts / Commerce subjects are eligible for admission to B.A./B.Com.(Gen / Computers/ Comp. Appln.) / BSW / BBA / BBM/BCA courses.
- Candidates seeking admission to the BSW course should have secured not less than 40% marks in aggregate at the qualifying examination.
List of Universities Affiliated With DOST
The Degree Online Services Telangana (DOST) is given the recognition by the Government of Telangana. However, the counselling and admission process is under the guidance and regulations of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). The candidates who want to pursue various UG courses from the state can opt for DOST which is the most common process to get admission. The DOST constitutes of six universities in which admissions for the undergraduate degree is given to the eligible candidates. Here is a list of those six universities which offer admissions to the students through DOST Degree Admission 2020 in which candidates can study. Let us look at the list of DOST Participating Universities 2020 given below:
- Palamuru University
- Satvahana University
- Telangana University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Kakatiya University
- Osmania University
The DOST Program aims at providing hassle-free admission with maximum options to opt for both BIETS (Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education) and Non-BIETS applicants through the online procedure. There is only a one-time registration fee of Rs. 100/- for all the six universities. Candidates can give the priority list of the colleges affiliated to these universities.
Reservation of Seats For Degree Courses In Telangana DOST 2020
The admission into various UG courses through DOST 2020 is governed by the regulations of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education which is the main conducting body. The council reserves a few percentages of seats for the underprivileged candidates or for the natives of Telangana state. The reservation policy is valid only if the candidates produce the authentic certificates in support of the category for which he is availing the reservation. Therefore, a candidate must carefully apply for the reservation only if he has the certificate to prove his disability/caste/domicile. Here is the list of the reservation of seats in the universities participating in DOST 2020. Candidates can check the reservation of seats in detail from the official website of the university.
University-Wise Reservation of Seats for Different Courses
|University||Percentage of Reservation|
|OU, TU, MGU and Palamur University||60% of the total number of seats available in B.Com in any college for Candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examination with Commerce subject.|
|Satvahana and Kakatiya Universities||50% of the total number of seats available in B.Com in any college for Candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examination with Commerce subject.|
|All six universities||50% of seats in the B.A. course for the candidates who have studied at least one subject under Social Sciences or Humanities at the Intermediate level.|
Category Wise Reservation
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||6%|
Group – D
Group – E
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|N.C.C. and A.C.C.||2%|
|children of Ex-Servicemen, children of Armed Personnel||3%|
|Women||33 1/3% in co-ed colleges (filled by men in absence of women candidates)|
How to Apply for DOST 2020
Candidates who are seeking admission into undergraduate courses from the state universities of Telangana can apply for the TS DOST ADmission 2020 from the official website. The online counselling process for the UG courses in various subjects starts in the month of May 2020. The applicants must know the details of the important dates and the process to register for the program. Only those candidates who fill the online registration form of DOST 2020 can participate in the counselling round. Therefore, it is essential for all the aspirants to apply online from the link given on the official page of the council.
The candidates can also apply by clicking on the direct link given in the description box in this article. Now, let us try and understand the process to fill the registration form DOST 2020 Telangana. The following flowchart describes the admission process to apply for the online counselling for various undergraduate courses in the universities of Telangana
Now, let us look at the step-by-step process of applying for DOST Degree Admission 2020 which would make easier for the students to apply online. The application process is in various steps and candidates have to complete each and every step by providing the authentic details. The council will accept only the application forms which are complete with all the relevant documents. The process of applying online is convenient for the students because in online application form they don’t need to send the hardcopy of the application form. Thus, it saves the time of the candidates and makes the process more efficient. Now, let us see all the steps involved in applying for TS DOST Admission and the details required to fill the online form.
Biometric Authentication Process
- Candidates have to visit their nearest ME/ESEVA center with the following documents:
- BIETS Hall Ticket
- Valid phone number
- Aadhaar card number
- The operator at the center shall do the verification using this information and your fingerprint.
- On successful verification, the operator will give you a print out with a DOST Token Number.
DOST 2020 Registration Process
- Candidates have to open the official website dost.cgg.gov.in. Here the candidates have to select the option “Click here to Payment for Registration” link.
- Here, the candidates have to enter their DOST Token Number, Hall Ticket Number, and Aadhaar number and press ‘Proceed for Payment’.
- On the portal of application fees payment, candidates have to pay Rs 100/- using a Credit / Debit card at the payment gateway.
- On successful payment, you shall receive an SMS with DOST Application ID and Password for logging into the Application Form.
Filling of DOST 2020 Application Form
- Candidates have to click on the Application button on the home page of dost.cgg.gov.in. The DOST Telangana UG Online Admission Form for the academic year 2020-21 will appear on the computer screen.
- For students who are from the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana State (BIET), some of your information will be auto-filled by the software and you need to complete the remaining information.
- For students who belong to the boards other than BIETS need to enter all the details in the application form.
- The applicants must enter their equivalent percentage of CGPA accurately.
- After filling in all the details, click on the Preview. This allows the candidates to check all the details in the application form. If there is any mistake, they can check and correct the details during the preview/edit form.
- Candidates must verify all their details once again and press the “SUBMIT” button to submit the UG Online Admission Form.
How to Enter Web Options
- For entering Web Options, click on “Click for Web Options”
- Select the courses and the college that you wish to apply for. Make sure you make maximum choices of colleges and courses to ensure admission.
- The candidates can exercise the same web options again for the second time during phase II if they don’t get admission in the first round.
- Also, the candidates can change your options any number of times before the last date notified by DOST.
Telangana DOST 2020 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment for TS DOST Spot Admission is done after the application form dates close officially. DOST Telangana Seat Allotment for various undergraduate courses is done by CCG using software developed for this purpose and according to the norms of UGC. The seat allotment round is the penultimate step in the process of admission. During the round of seat allocation, the council functions under the regulations of the state government and the Council of Technical Education, Telangana State. The seat allotment is on the basis of options given by you depending upon your merit and eligibility.
Each student will be allotted an admission as per their priority of the colleges and the course. Once the seat is confirmed the other priorities will be nullified. After the final seat allocation, the applicants get an alert on their registered mobile number and email id and this is the confirmation of the seat allocation process. Finally, the candidates have to Login to their DOST Webpage and download and take print of the Allotment Letter. The applicant must keep a copy of this allotment letter for future reference also.
Tie-Breaking Criteria in DOST Seat Allotment
In case of a tie of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam, the following order of priority shall be exercised:
- Marks in the optional subject.
- Marks in English.
Payment of Course Fees
After Allotment of a seat, the candidates have to visit the assigned college and department and confirm their seats. Also, they have to pay the admission fee as well as the course fees as prescribed by the college. However, the candidates also need to get the verification of their original documents by the admission council of the respective colleges. Finally, after completing all these processes the admission of the candidate is done and they can begin the course from the date of course commencement.
DOST 2020 Phase-2
There is also the provision for phase 2 of the DOST Degree Admission 2020 in which the candidates can participate if they fail to secure a seat in round 1 of the admission. However, the admission process for phase 2 takes place only if there are any vacant seats in the colleges. Moreover, this is totally unpredictable and the applicants may or may not get a second chance to secure seats. Therefore, to be on the safer side, the candidates must take the admission into whichever college they are being given and later on they can change their college option. Also, there are also the conditions on who can participate in phase 2 of the DOST Admission process. So, here is the list of candidates who can go for phase II of web options:
- Candidates who have secured seats. But were not interested to join the college in round 1 of the seat allotment.
- Applicants who have not secured seats. In the options exercised in Phase-I and are willing to take admission in phase 2 of the admission process.
- Candidates who and aspiring for a better option of the college in phase 2.
- The candidates who could not report in the Phase-I. Of the allotted seat and are willing to take part in the second round of allocation process.
- Candidates who have registered afresh. In phase 2 of the seat allocation process.