DOST 2018 short for Degree Online Services Telangana is an online counselling programme for admissions into Undergraduate programmes at colleges under the six universities in Telangana viz.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Palamaru University
- Satvahana University
- Telangana University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Kakatiya University
- Osmania University
It aims at providing hassle-free admission with maximum options to opt for both BIETS (Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education) and Non-BIETS applicants through the online procedure.
There is only a one-time registration fee of Rs. 100/- for all the six universities and web options can be given for colleges across all the universities with priorities ascertained.
This article is about the eligibility of the candidates, application procedure and the online admission procedure for DOST.
Update: Candidates can check Special Drive Phase Registrations Result on 17th August 2018. Click here to see DOST Seat Allotment Result.
Important Dates For DOST 2018
|Notification||8th May 2018|
|Registration and Web options||10th May to 26th May 2018|
|Registration with a late fee of Rs. 400/-||27th May to 29th May 2018|
|Seat allotment- First list||4th June 2018|
|Reporting to colleges in phase I||5th June to 12th June 2018|
|Phase II web options only for sliding||5th June to 14th June 2018|
|Seat allotment- second list||19th June 2018|
|Reporting to the Colleges phase II||20th June to 25th June 2018|
|Last Phase web options||20th June to 27th June 2018|
|Seat allotment –Final List||30th June 2018|
|Reporting to the Colleges last phase||2nd July to 4th July 2018|
|Commencement of Semester I||2nd July 2018|
|Intra College Phase||5th July to 7th July 2018|
|Seat Allotment||10th July 2018|
|Special Drive Phase Registrations||14th August 2018 to 16th August 2018
Registration fee is Rs.400/-
|Special Drive Phase Web Options||14th August 2018 to 16th August 2018|
|Web Options for Intra (with in) College Sliding (ICS-IV)||14th August 2018 to 16th August 2018|
|Seat Allotment||17th August 2018|
|Reporting to Colleges by Students||18th August 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for DOST 2018 UG Courses
Please go through the following eligibility conditions to ensure you are eligible to apply for the course you desire to pursue in undergraduate:
- Candidates must have passed Two-year Intermediate Examination conducted by the BIETS OR an Examination of any other University/Board recognized as equivalent thereto (other than Pre-Degree course in Oriental Languages of OU)
- In case of candidates who have passed the Intermediate (Vocational) courses from BIETS and +2 examination conducted by Boards other than BIETS, ICSE and CBSE; the Principals of respective colleges should ensure that the candidates must submit Eligibility Certificate issued by BIETS.
- Candidates passing the qualifying exam in one attempt shall be given preference during admission. The candidates clearing it in parts shall be allotted seats after them.
Eligibility to Apply for Different Courses
- The Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology Course from BIETS or from any other state equivalent to it are eligible for admission into B.A. /B.Com courses only.
However, candidates a holding ‘Bridge course’ along with Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology are eligible for B.Sc. Courses.
- Candidates seeking admissions into B.Sc must have passed the qualifying exam with a score of 40% (passing marks in case of ST/SC) in the subject they have opted for in the degree programme.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Arts/Commerce subjects are not eligible for admission to B.Sc. Course.
- Candidates who have passed an Intermediate examination with Mathematics, Economics and Commerce combination can be considered eligible for admission to (Maths, Statistics and Computer Science) combination of B.Sc only.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Science /Arts / Commerce subjects are eligible for admission to B.A./B.Com.(Gen / Computers/ Comp. Appln.) / BSW / BBA / BBM/BCA courses.
- Candidates seeking admission to BSW course should have secured not less than 40% marks in aggregate at the qualifying examination.
Reservation of Seats For Degree Courses In Telangana, DOST 2018
Reservation of Seats in the Six Universities for Different Courses
|OU, TU, MGU and Palamur University||60% of the total number of seats available in B.Com in any college for Candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examination with Commerce subject.|
|Satvahana and Kakatiya Universities||50% of the total number of seats available in B.Com in any college for Candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examination with Commerce subject.|
|All six universities||50% of seats in B.A. course for the candidates who have studied at least one subject under Social Sciences or Humanities at the Intermediate level.|
Category Wise Reservations
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||6%|
Group – D
Group – E
|N.C.C. and A.C.C.||2%|
|children of Ex-Servicemen, children of Armed Personnel||3%|
|Women||33 1/3% in co-ed colleges (filled by men in absence of women candidates)|
Application Procedure For Dost 2018
The following flowchart describes the DOST 2018 Admission procedure:
Application Procedure for DOST includes the following steps:
Biometric Authentication Process
- Visit your nearest ME/ESEVA centre with the following documents:
- BIETS Hall Ticket
- Valid phone number
- Aadhaar card number
- The operator at the centre shall do the verification using this information and your fingerprint.
- On successful verification, a print out with a DOST TOKEN NUMBER shall be issued to you.
DOST 2018 Registration Process
- Open dost.cgg.gov.in and Click on “Click here to Payment for Registration” link.
- Enter your DOST TOKEN NUMBER, Hall Ticket Number and Aadhaar number and press ‘Proceed for payment’.
- Pay Rs 100/- using your Credit / Debit card at the payment gateway.
- On successful payment, you shall receive an SMS with DOST Application ID and Password for logging into Application Form.
Filling of DOST 2018 Application Form
- Click on the Application button on the home page of dost.cgg.gov.in. The UG Online Admission Form FOR ACADEMIC YEAR: 2018-19 will appear.
- For students of BIETs, some of your information will be auto-filled by the software and you need to complete the remaining information.
- For students who belong to the boards other than BIETS, all the details must be entered by the student.
- Please enter the equivalent percentage of CGPA accurately.
- After filling in all the details, click on the Preview
- Verify your Details once again and Press “SUBMIT” button to submit UG Online Admission Form.
- For entering Web Options, click on”Click for Web Options“
- Select the courses and the college that you wish to apply for. Make sure you make maximum choices to ensure admission.
- You can exercise web options again for the second time during phase II if you desire.
- You can change your options any number of times before the last date notified by DOST.
Allotment Of Seats for DOST 2018
- It shall be done by CCG using a software developed for the purpose and according to the norms of UGC.
- Allotment will be made on the basis of options given by you depending upon your merit and eligibility.
- In case of a tie of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam, the following order of priority shall be exercised:
- Marks in the optional subject.
- Marks in English.
- Each student will be allotted an admission as per their priority. Once the seat is confirmed the other priorities will be nullified.
- You shall be notified through SMS regarding allotment of seats.
- Log in to your DOST account and take a print out of your Allotment Letter.
How to Confirm Your Admission After Allotment of Your DOST Seat
- After Allotment of a seat, you are required to visit the assigned college and department and confirm your seat.
- Pay the admission fee as prescribed by the college.
- Get your original documents verified.
Web Options Phase II Dost 2018
Candidates who can go for phase II of web options are:
- Candidates who have secured seats but not interested to join
- Who have not secured seats in the options exercised in Phase-I
- Who have not exercised the options so far.
- Who have secured a seat, reported and aspiring for a better option.
- Who has reported/Not reported in the Phase-I allotted seat.
- Candidates who have registered afresh both regular and advanced supplementary passed outs.
Click here for Seat Allotment Result of Degree Online Services, Telangana (DOST) 2018