BUMS Course Admission 2020 (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery) Course is an undergraduate degree program, which deals with the medical knowledge and applications of the Unani system and surgery. This medication system was originated in Greece and from there it was adopted by South-Asian and Middle-East countries. BUMS Course Syllabus is all about the Unani system, which is quite different from other medications, as it is carried out through natural processes or natural power of the body. Moreover, it is said that this system revolves around the belief that the body has the power to heal itself. For more details regarding BUMS Course Admission 2020, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Thus, this system is beneficial for the treatment of various deadly disorders and diseases naturally. It is a 6000 years old practice and is majorly based on four components that include earth, fire, air, and water. This medication system has gained a lot of popularity lately, as it has helped in the treatment of diabetes, weight loss, arthritis, and kidney stone. It is also the fourth most popular medication system after allopathy, homeopathic and ayurvedic system. Hence, in this article, we will provide complete details about the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery Course Details.
BUMS Course Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria is set by the exam conducting body, and this is what candidates should check before filling the application form. It can be broadly categorized into three sections, such as qualification, marks obtained and age. BUMS graduates can further pursue MD (Mahir -e-Tibb), MS courses and even Ph.D. You can refer to the below-given table to check whether you are eligible for this course or not.
|Min. Marks Required||50 to 55% with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in class 12th|
|Age||Minimum 17 yrs.|
BUMS Course Admission Process
The admission process for BUMS Course after 10th/12th is based on the entrance examination that is conducted by various universities and colleges. Thus, candidates have to clear this test for getting admission in this course. The eligibility is usually the same for all the exam conducting body, but you should definitely check it before filling in the form. Moreover, candidates can appear for more than one exam, as different universities or institutes organize their own BUMS Entrance Exam. Furthermore, some of the common BUMS entrance exams are as following:
- Assam CEE Entrance Test
- AP-EAMCET Andhra Pradesh Common Entrance Test
- Telangana TS EAMCET Entrance Test
This medication system is becoming popular day by day, as it works wonderfully in curing some of the diseases, which are listed below.
- Bronchial asthma
- Acute and chronic diseases
The students who have studied Urdu in the 12th class or have proficiency in the Urdu language are preferred more. The main regulatory body of this medication education is CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine) in India. There are only 35 colleges that offer BUMS courses. Hence, students should prepare well for the entrance exams. It should also be noted that there are some institutes, which offer admission through national and state level examination. Thus, candidates can appear for NEET (National Level Exam) and KEAM (State Level Exam) for getting admission in this course. The selection process is carried out on a merit basis in the qualifying exam as 12th and followed by a personal interview.
Syllabus for BUMS Course
BUMS Course is based on an ancient medical system, wherein the treatment process is carried out by enhancing the body’s natural healing system. In accordance with this system, there are four elements in the human body such as black bile, blood, yellow bile, and phlegm. Therefore, it is quite similar to Ayurveda in terms of these four elements. The syllabus for this Unani Course is mentioned in the below-given table.
During this course, the students get to learn about the following topics:
- Turkish bath
|1st Professional||2nd Professional||3rd Professional|
This course has a lot of scopes, as it teaches the treatment of diseases and disorders in-depth. Unani Medication System is also considered as a holistic one in nature. Therefore, it has enormous healing powers without the baggage of side effects. This medication is generally used in the treatment and management of diseases that include kidney stones, diabetes, infertility, weight loss, and vitiligo. It is also acquainted with other disciplines such as pathology, pharmacology, forensic medicine, physiology preventive medicine, and parent discipline. It is also highly effective for sexual problems and lifestyle-related disorders.
Career Options for BUMS Graduates
BUMS graduates are qualified to be called as Hakeem (Doctor) and are also allowed to do private practice. These professionals have a great career in companies that deals with Unani preparations. Moreover, nowadays a large number of people are not satisfied with allopathic treatment. Hence, this has increased the demand for BUMS Unani Practitioners. The career opportunities for these professionals are not only in India but also abroad. There are companies that are working in the manufacturing and research field abroad, who are looking for professionals in this field. Furthermore, there are a lot more career options for BUMS Unani Graduates, which are listed down below.
- Medical assistant
- Public health specialist
- Spa director
- Private practice
- Assistant Director (Unani)
- Deputy Director (Unani)
There are also ‘n’ number of employment areas, wherein BUMS Course graduates can find jobs. Some of them are as follows:
- Unani clinic
- Life science industries
- Healthcare community
- Unani medical colleges
- Unani government hospitals
- A nursing home in Unani care
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Unani and ayurvedic research institutes
You can also join as a Medical Officer with various different Public Service Commissions that includes the following:
- Calcutta Public Service Commission
- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Bihar Public Service Commission
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission
The professionals in this field can expect great salary packages, as the medical field is a benchmark for other fields in case of salaries. Moreover, it also depends upon the experience and knowledge of an individual. Unani practitioners can easily find jobs in both government and private sectors. The salaries one can expect in both these sectors are mentioned down below.
|Government||12,000 to 15,000/month|
Whereas, experienced professionals can expect a handsome salary, somewhere around 20k to 25k per month.
List of Top Colleges offering BUMS Course
It is important to get into the right college, as top colleges graduates do receive a lot of benefits. They may get better salary packages and opportunities. Thus, we have made a list of some of the top colleges that offer Unani BUMS Course after 12th.
- Faculty of Medicine (Unani), Jamia Hamdard, Delhi
- Luqman Unani Medical College & Hospital, Bijapur, Karnataka
- Yunu s Fazlani Unani Medical College, Aurangabad
- Moh ammadia Tibbia College& Assayer Hospital, Nasik
- Iqra Society’s Unani Medical College, Jalgaon, Maharashtra
- Ibn-e -Sina Tibbia College and Hospital, Azamgarh
- Eram Unani Medical College & Hospital, Lucknow
- Aligarh Unani Medical College, Aligarh
- Calcutta Unani Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- Salfia Unani Medical College & Hospital, Darbhanga
- Nezamia Unani Medical College, Gaya
- Rajasthan Unani Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur
- Rajputana Unani Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Jaipur
- Mohsine Millat Unani Tibb Education Society, Raipur
- Sham-e-Ghausia Minority Unani Medical college, Ghazipur
- Jamia Tibbia Deoband, Deoband
- Ahmed Gharib Unani Medical College & AS-Salam Hospital, Nandurbar, Maharashtra
- Govt. Unani Medical College, Chennai
- Zule ikhabai Valy Md. Unani Medical College Medical College & Hospital, Pune,
- Ahmed Gharib Unani Medical College & AS-Salam Hospital, Nandurbar, Maharashtra
- Anjuman-I Islam’s Dr. Ishaq Jam Khanawala Tibbia Unani Medical College & Haji Abdul Razak, Mumbai