Assam MBBS Admission 2018: Assam MBBS Admission list for 2018 published. Round 2 Counselling Schedule Released. Provisional Seat Allotment List for the MBBS course released. Admission Registration for Assam MBBS Admission has been started from 15th June 2018 through offline mode. Candidates can obtain the registration form by visiting the official admission authority office. Address of the official authority has been provided below.
Last date to obtain the registration form from the office is 21st June 2018. There will be total two rounds of counselling of Assam MBBS 2018 and a mop round will be conducted if the seats remain vacant after the two rounds of counselling. Assam MBBS 2018 counselling will be conducted in offline mode. NEET Qualified candidates need to physically report at the prescribed counselling center within scheduled date and time. The candidates will be called for Assam MBBS counselling 2018 according to their NEET state merit rank. Candidates who are willing to take admission in the MMBS programme in the medical college of the state Assam have to fill up one application form. To get the detailed information related to Assam MBBS Counselling procedure 2018 – Read Below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Assam MBBS Admission 2018 Updates
- Admission into MBBS-BDS Courses, Session, 2018 after MOP-UP Counselling – Click Here
- Educational Notice-MOP-UP round of Counselling of MBBS-BDS Courses, Session, 2018 – Click Here
- Admission into MBBS-BDS Courses, Session, 2018 after Extended 2nd Counselling – Click Here
- Admission into 1st year MBBS/BDS course in the medical and dental college in Assam for the session 2018-19 after 2nd extended counselling has published. Click Here to download the officially published PDF.
- Educational Notice-Extended 2nd Round Counseming of MBBS-BDS Courses, Session, 2018 – Click Here
- Admission Notice-Admission into MBBS/BDS Courses, Session,2018 – Click Here
- Category wise and college wise list of candidates who appeared in the counselling held from 29th June to 5th July 2018 and selected by the Selection Board are hereby allowed for provisional admission into the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. courses in the Medical Colleges & Dental Colleges of Assam for the session,2018. To download the PDF – Click Here
- Registration form for Assam MBBS Admission 2018 can be obtained by visiting the official counselling authority office (address is provided below) from 15th June 2018 onwards. Last date to obtain the offline registration form from the official authority is 21st June 2018. To download the official notification – Click Here
Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 at Examination Cell
(2″d Floor, Room No-s,)
Medical counselling of state Assam has released the merit list containing the name of the candidates who belong to the state Assam and appeared in NEET UG MBBS Exam 2018. The list in the PDF format includes details such as state rank, roll number, candidate name, category, total score, percentile, NEET rank (all India) and permanent state. To download the PDF, Candidates can – Click Here
Assam MBBS Counselling Date 2018
The scheduled date of Assam MBBS counselling 2018 events is provided in the table given below. Any changes in the dates or updates will be uploaded here once the Assam MBBS Counselling official prospectus gets released.
|1.||Availability of offline registration form||15th – 21st June 2018|
|2.||First round of counselling||June 25 – July 5, 2018|
|3.||Last date to report at the allotted college||July 12, 2018.|
|4.||Second round of counselling||July 15 – July 26, 2018|
|5.||Last date to report at the allotted college||August 3, 2018.|
|6.||Mop-up round (subject to availability)||August 4 – August 8, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for Assam MBBS Admission 2018
Eligibility criteria are the conditions which every applicant must possess in order to apply for the Assam MBBS counselling 2018. Directorate of Medical Education (DTE), Assam releases a set of eligibility criteria for the aspirants to participate in the counselling to get enrolled in undergraduate MBBS programme. Applicants must go through the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form for Assam MBBS Admission 2018. The table given below provides the required eligibility criteria for the aspirants to apply for the Assam MBBS Admission 2018:-
|1.||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India.
The NRI candidates holding Indian passports, overseas citizen of India and person of Indian Origin are also eligible to apply under the NRI category.
|2.||Age||Applicants must have attained 17 years of age or more as on 31st December 2018.|
|3.||Academic Qualification||Candidates must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology individually from Assam board of seconday & higher secondary and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying 10+2 examination.
40 % for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and OBC category candidates.
45% for locomotory disability of lower limbs.
|4.||NEET 2018||Applicant must have appeared in NEET 2018 Exam.|
Assam MBBS Admission 2018 Application Form
To participate in the counselling and seat allotment of Assam MBBS Admission 2018, aspirants need to register and fill up the application form in offline mode. Candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria before going to fill up the application form. Step by step guide to fill up the application form is provided in the application form.
Here is a step by step guide on how to fill up the application form:-
- Obtain the registration form by visiting the official counselling authority from 15th – 21st June 2018 in offline mode.
- Register yourself by entering the name, email ID, phone number and date of birth.
- After registering, fill up the details like personal details, NEET exam score and rank and academic qualification.
- After filling up the application form, click on “submit” button.
- Payment of registration cum counselling fee.
Merit List of Assam MBBS Admission 2018
Directorate of Medical Education (DTE), the official counselling authority prepares and release the Assam MBBS Merit List 2018 for admission to undergraduate MBBS programme in the medical colleges/ Institution of state Assam. Merit list is prepared based on various factors such as the number of applicants, NEET exam score and seat availability. Merit List contains the names of the candidates eligible for counselling, Rank and NEET score etc.
The rank will be assigned to the aspirants on the basis of their NEET 2018 score which implies that the candidate who has scored highest marks in NEET UG and is a domicile of Assam state will be given the first rank and so forth. The candidates are required to submit their original documents and application form at the time of counselling. The authorities will verify the documents during Assam MBBS 2018 counselling process and the seat will be allotted on the basis of merit-cum-preference. The counselling of Assam MBBS 2018 will be conducted for 85% State Quota seats. Assam MBBS counselling 2018 will be conducted for both Government and Private colleges.
Highlights of Assam MBBS Counselling 2018
- Assam MBBS 2018 counselling will be conducted by Directorate of Medical Education, Assam.
- There will be two rounds of Assam MBBS 2018 counselling and a mop-up will be conducted if the seats remain vacant.
- The counselling will be conducted in offline mode.
- The seats will be allotted on the merit-cum-preference basis so the candidates are advised to choose colleges according to their NEET 2018 score.
- The candidates will get the option to choose courses and colleges in the application form which will be submitted during the counselling of Assam MBBS 2018.
Assam MBBS BDS Counselling Fee 2018
Assam MBBS Counselling Centre 2018
|Venue||Office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati-22|
|Date||June 25 – July 5, 2018|
Assam MBBS BDS Counselling Procedure
- The candidates must be physically present before the deadline for Assam MBBS counselling 2018.
- The candidates will be given a state merit rank on the basis of NEET 2018 score.
- The candidates will be called for the counselling of Assam MBBS 2018 according to their state merit rank.
- The aspirants need to show their application form and required documents to the authorities.
- It is mandatory for candidates to bring the original copy of the documents along with the self-attested photocopies.
- The candidates must submit the application fee of INR 500/- as Assam MBBS 2018 counselling fee and have to verify documents.
- If the documents are verified and the candidate is eligible then he or she will be allotted a seat according to the choice that he or she has given at the time of counselling depending on the seat availability.
- The authorities will publish a seat allotment list after the counselling session which will confirm their admission provided they report at the allotted college on time with the required documents.
Documents Required for Assam MBBS Counselling 2018
The documents mentioned below will be submitted at the time of Assam MBBS 2018 counselling. The candidates will be required to bring the original copy of all these documents along with two self-attested photocopies.
- Admit card and pass certificate of HSLC or equivalent examCaste certificate, if applicable
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of HSSLC or equivalent exam
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- NEET 2018 admit card
- Other Reservation Certificate
Seat Reservation in Assam MBBS 2018
The government of Assam reserves a certain percentage of the seat for the candidates belonging to reserved categories in all the participating Institute/Colleges. Reserved category here indicates the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC).
Applicants must choose their category from the drop-down list while filling up the application form for counselling. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format (available in the official brochure) at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of reserved seats. To know about the percent of seats reserved for each category, refer the table given below:-
|2.||Schedule Tribes (Plains)||10%|
|3.||Other Backward Classes||15%|
|4.||Schedule Tribe (Hills)||5%|
Assam MBBS Participating Institutes 2018
The participating institute which offers admission to MBBS programme in the state Assam is provided in the table given below.
|S. No||Name of the colleges|
|1.||Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh|
|2.||Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati|
|3.||Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat|
|4.||Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital, Barpeta|
|5.||Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar|
|6.||Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur|