West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, commonly known as WBJEE was established in 1962 by Government of Bengal. It is a state-government centralized test conducted by the West Bengal JEE board. It is an exam that is taken for admission to bachelors degree courses in the field of engineering, architecture and medicine. There are a number of private, government and self-financed institutes in the state of West Bengal that participate in the exam and admit students on the basis of the score they’ve obtained in WBJEE. Only those who have studied science in the 11th and 12th standard can take up this exam with compulsory subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
Every year approximately 3 lakh students take this prestigious test and thousands of them qualify this exam. Students of both West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and Central Indian School Certificate Board take this exam, although the exam is dominated by the former.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Aspirants who have taken the exam can read all exam related details given below. They must also keep checking the official WBJEE 2018 information brochure on its official website wbjeeb.in
The payment of provisional admission fees and reporting for Round 2 is over. The result of Seat Allotment round 3 will be declared Here.
Get the list of reporting centers here.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment Result Round 2 has been published. Click here to view.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment Result Round 1 has been published. Click here to view.
Counselling and Seat Allotment of WBJEE 2018
WBJEE result of seat allotment is going to be published on 4th July 2018. Seat allotment result for round 2 had been declared on 27th June 2018. WBJEEB had released a notification for the counselling and seat allotment process that had begun from the 9th June 2018. A separate notification had been released for e-counselling and seat allotment on the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
Only those candidates who are eligible for e-counselling will be able to participate in it. Before counselling and seat allotment, course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as provided by the competent authorities will also be published. Information of all candidates participating in e-counselling will be verified at Reporting Centers on prescribed dates.
After the e-counselling has taken place, qualified candidates are called for counselling that takes place in an offline mode. In the counselling process, candidates will have to choose the prefered college and course. The entire offline counselling process will take place in three rounds. Seat allotment will be done on merit basis and according to the student’s preferences. Individual allotment letters will not be sent. The candidates will then have to report to the allotted centres to complete the admission process like payment of college fees and other such formalities.
Result of WBJEE 2018
WBJEEB had published the results of the exam on 23rd May 2018. Candidates were required to log in to their account by using the registered id and password/date of birth. The result was declared in the form of a scorecard that contains the scores obtained by the candidate and also the rank of the candidate. The ranks will be taken into consideration to prepare the merit list. The board also follows the normalization procedure to ensure an effective and fair means to decide the rank. All the candidates had to download and print the scorecard for future use.
Answer Key of WBJEE 2018
A final answer key had been released on 22nd May 2018 on the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in. It was released by the board and had all the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. Images of OMRs and machine read responses were uploaded on the official website. Candidates were able to challenge the answer key by logging into their account. They had to pay a fee of Rs 500/- per question to challenge the Answer Key. This amount will be non-refundable.
Candidates could also calculate their score from the answer keys published. However if any candidate needed a calculation sheet from the Board, he/she had have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft for each paper. The calculation sheet will be sent to the candidate on his/her email ID.
Check here for Download Answer Key of WBJEE 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in WBJEE 2018
Applicant must be a citizen of India.
The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2018 implying that a candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2001. There is no upper age limit. However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course the lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2018 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2018.
For Engineering Courses
- Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination with Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (both theory and practical) in all the three subjects.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks in the above three subjects taken together(40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. ST, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD).
- Must have passed English in the 10+2 examination with at least 30% marks.
- The Board of the Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
For Pharmacy Courses
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (both theory and practical) in all the three subjects.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks in the above three subjects taken together (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. ST, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD).
- Candidates must have passed English in the 10+2 examination with at least 30% marks.
- The Board of the Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
- There are no particular Domicile criteria required to appear in the WBJEE-2018. However, the West Bengal Domicile requirement is applicable for admission to any Government Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy Colleges of the state as well as for admission to any reserved category of seats in respect of any course in any of the enlisted University/ University Department as well as in any Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy College of the State.
- The West Bengal Domicile requirement is also applicable for any seat under the TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) Scheme.
- The candidate needs to download the required proforma as per the details provided in the official brochure and keep the certificate ready to be produced during counselling, admission etc.
- If the certificate is found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in institutes and courses.
- Criteria to be treated as a domicile – Candidates who are living in West Bengal for 10 years as on 31.12.2018 or whose parents are residents of West Bengal.
Apart from the eligibility criteria set by WBJEEB, there are institute specific criteria set by respective institutes. Candidates will then have to fulfil all these criteria along with the general criteria mentioned above if they want to secure a seat in that specific institute.
It is important to note that WBJEEB does not verify the documents or the information provided by the candidate during the application process. It does not check the eligibility of a candidate and provides admit card to all. The verification is done only at the time of counselling and admission procedure.
Check here for the Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2018.
Application Form For WBJEE 2018
Candidates planning to take the exam had to fill the application form that was available online at the web portal http://wbjeeb.nic.in. The application was made available on 19th December 2017 and the last date to fill the same was 19th January 2018. The correction facility to edit the application form was also made available. Candidates could remove any discrepancy that might be there in there in the scanned images uploaded by them. Applicants must compulsorily have a working mobile phone number and a valid email id, the use of which will be made for future communications regarding the exam.
- Candidates first had to register themselves by entering details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email-id and phone number.
- Candidates also had to fill details in the form, like personal details, academic qualification, choice of examination and contact information.
- After this, he/she had to set a password and choose a security question.
- After reviewing the information, the candidates could submit the application.
- The next step was to upload the required documents like photograph and signature to the correct specifications.
Application Fees For WBJEE 2018
The final step in the application process was the payment of the application fees. Candidates could either pay the application fee in cashless mode through credit/debit card, Net Banking or Paytm or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan, which was automatically available for downloading once that same option was selected. The candidates had to take a print of the challan and deposit the fees in cash in any branch of Allahabad Bank with Core Banking Services (CBS). There was no other method of paying the application fee besides this.
The payable amount of fees by every applicant for appearing in the WBJEE-2018 was ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) along with the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable depending on the mode of payment selected. The fee once paid was not refundable under any circumstances.
After the payment of fees, the application process came to an end with a ‘confirmation page’ that was generated for download. Candidates had to take a print of the same and preserve it for future references.
Apply here for the WBJEE 2018 Application Form.
Exam Pattern For WBJEE 2018
The exam pattern refers to the information related to the examination, like, the mode of exam, sections of the exam, number of questions, marks allotted to each question, etc.
- WBJEE 2018 will be conducted offline in the pen and paper mode (OMR based)
- The entire question paper will consist 155 questions marked out of 200.
- There will be multiple choice questions.
- Questions will be based on 3 subjects: physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer in Category 1 and 2 marks will be allotted for each correct response in Category 2 and 3.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted for each incorrect response in Category 1 and 2. There is no negative marking for Category 3.
To know more about the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern- click here
Syllabus For WBJEE 2018
Candidates appearing for the exam must make sure that they know the correct syllabus of each subject included in the exam paper.
Students can check the exam syllabus below:
|Physics Topics||Chemistry Topics||Mathematics Topics|
Physical World, MeasurementsUnits& dimensions
Laws of motion
Work, power, energy
Kinetic theory of gases
Oscillations & Waves
Magnetic effect of current
Solid state Electronics etc.
|Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
Physical Chemistry of Solutions
Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds
Ionic and Redox Equilibria
Chemistry of Metals
Chemistry in Industry
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
Aldehydes and Ketones
Application Oriented chemistry
Introduction to Bio-Molecules
Principles of Qualitative Analysis
A.P., G.P., H.P.
Permutation and combination
Sets, Relations and Mappings
Principle of mathematical induction
Statistics and Probability
Application of Calculus
Coordinate geometry of three dimensions
Second order derivative
Preparation Tips For WBJEE 2018
Engineering and medical students who seek to find a seat in the reputed colleges and universities of West Bengal need to have a focused mind and strategize their preparation for the exam. Here are a few tips on how to prepare:
- Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the WBJEE question paper are covered.
- Chart out a timetable on a daily basis which will give you ample amount of time to revise.
- Keeping yourself in sync with previous year’s question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Clarify your doubts whenever required.
To know more about the WBJEE 2018 Exam Syllabus and Preparation Tips.
Admit Card For WBJEE 2018
Admit card also commonly known as hall ticket, is the most important document that a candidate requires at the time of examination, the absence of which can debar him/her from entering the exam hall and thus take the exam. The WBJEE 2018 Admit Card was generated on 10th April 2018 for all the registered candidates to be downloaded and printed. Only those candidates who had registered themselves were able to access the Admit Card. Candidate had to carry a printed hard copy of it to the examination center.
Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination. They can generate duplicate admit cards only till the date of examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place to avoid any damage to the document. A duplicate admit card was provided by the Board if a candidate needed it after the examination but will be available only until 31/07/2018. In order to get a duplicate admit card, the candidate will have to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
Cut-Off For WBJEE 2018
The cut-off was released by the concerned authority to set a score/rank which students need to obtain in order to be eligible for the counselling and seat allotment process. Only those candidates who score equal to more than the cut-off will be a part of the merit list and will be called for counselling. The cut-off will be different as per the institution selected, course and category of the candidate. Candidates can check Institute wise cut-off.
Seat Reservation For WBJEE 2018
WBJEE 2018 Seat matrix has been released. The link is provided above. There are a number of seats that are reserved for the candidates of West Bengal only. Candidates of West Bengal belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD category and those who fall under Defense quota can claim seats under reservation. Candidates who claim seats under such category are required to show correct and valid category documents at the time of counselling and admission. In case the document is found invalid, seat reservation will be regarded as invalid and the system will put him in the general category automatically.
All the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe applicants must upload and submit their documents at the time of filling up Application Form of WBJEE 2018. Invalid documents submitted at the time of Counselling will not be accepted.
Candidates with 40% to 70% disabilities with the following types will be given reservation subject to the condition that the candidate is capable of carrying out all activities related to theory and practical work as applicable to B.E/B. Tech/B. Arch/B. Pharm courses without any special concession and exemption:
- Locomotor disability
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Speech and language disability