West Bengal Joint Entrance Test, commonly known as WBJEE was established in 1962 by Government of Bengal. It is a state-government centralized test conducted by the West Bengal JEE Board (WBJEEB). It is an exam that is taken for admission to bachelor’s degree courses in the field of technology, architecture, and medicine. There are a number of private, government and self-financed institutes in the state of West Bengal that participate in the exam and admit students on the basis of the score they’ve obtained in WBJEE. Only those who have studied science in the 11th and 12th standard can take up this exam with compulsory subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. Read more in the article below.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
Candidates appearing in the exam must make sure that they know the correct syllabus of each subject that is a part of both the papers that form the WBJEE 2018 question paper.
Preparation Tips for WBJEE 2018 Exa,
Engineering and medical students who seek to find a seat in the reputed colleges and universities of West Bengal, need to have a focused mind and strategize their preparation for the exam.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for WBJEE 2018 Exam:
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the WBJEE 2018 question paper are covered.
- Manage your day – Chart out a timetable on daily basis. This will give you ample amount of time to study, take breaks and revise what you’ve studied.
- Coaching classes – Aspirants who can manage time and want to join batch wise tuition centers can join coaching classes.
- Keep yourself updated – Keeping yourself in sync with previous years’ question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Practice mock test – There are various tests available for students who want to prepare themselves thoroughly. After completing the preparations, students can take a timed-mock test and check whether they are able to complete the exam in given time. Candidates can also go for online test series after they are done with the syllabus.
- Clarify your doubts – Students must not forget to clarify their doubts however small they may be. It is advisable for the students to approach their school teachers and tuition teachers whenever in need.
- Eat healthily – Students must make sure that while preparing for exams they eat healthily and have a healthy sleeping pattern. The entire preparation will prove futile if you do not feel fit on the day of the exam.
To check or download WBJEE 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
WBJEE 2018 Sample Papers
Sample papers provide an insight of the structure and exam pattern of same examinations held before. It is always a good idea to check out sample papers and old question papers for thorough preparation. Students who have completed the syllabus and preparation can examine their grasp of concepts by buying sample paper books from online as well as offline stores.
Preparation Books for WBJEE 2018
Apart from all the study material available, students can also buy WBJEE 2018 preparation books online or from a bookstore. Students who cannot study online and prefer studying from hard copies can buy the books online.
- Chapter wise solutions Physics JEE Main 2018 by Arihant Experts
- WBJEE Engineering solved papers 2018 by Arihant Experts
- Calculus by Thomas and Fenny
- Higher algebra by Bernard and Child
- Inorganic Chemistry by J D LEE.