TANCET Result 2021: The Controller of Examinations of Anna University has released the TANCET result. The result was declared on 1st April 2021. Candidates who have appeared in the test can download the TANCET 2021 Marksheet PDF from 8th April 2021. However, the mark sheet will be available till 22nd April 2021. Anna University conducts TANCET each year to enrol students in various Post-Graduate courses across different private & government colleges in Tamil Nadu. The TANCET Result determines the qualification status of the candidates. The scores of Tamil Nadu University is valid for one year only. So, in this article, candidates can check complete details about Anna University TANCET Result.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 result on 1st April 2021. The exam was conducted on 20th and 21st March 2021. Check result.
TANCET Result Important Dates 2021
The candidates must keep themselves up-to-date regarding the important dates of the TANCET Result. Therefore, to help the candidates, we have provided information regarding the same. Check below.
|TANCET Result 2020 will be declared on||1st April 2021 (declared)|
|TANCET 2020 Downloading of Marksheet From||on or before 8th April 2021 (till 22nd April 2021)|
TANCET 2021 Result- Highlights
- The result of the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance is announced online.
- The authority releases a separate merit list for – GATE category, TANCET category and Sponsored category.
- The scores of candidates are valid for one year only.
- No hard copy of the mark statement is sent to candidates by post.
- Candidates should keep a copy of their scorecard. The scorecard is needed at the time of counselling.
- To bring uniformity, the marks of candidates are normalised to announce TANCET 2020 result
How To Check Anna UniversityTACNET Exam Result
In order to download the TACNET Result, the candidates must follow certain steps. Therefore, to help the candidates we have provided information regarding the same. Check below
Procedure to check Anna University MBA/MCA/M.Tech Entrance Result
- Visit the official website of the university- tancet.annauniv.edu or click on the link available in the latest updates section.
- Click on the result link and enter the details at the candidate login portal.
- Enter the mandatory details into the section of login. The details, which are to be filled in are:
- Click on Login.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Download and print the result for future purposes.
Details On TANCET Scorecard 2021
The candidates must check that the TANCET result contains valid information. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates must contact the examination authority. Furthermore, we have provided the list of details mentioned on the TANCET Result 2021. Check below.
- Application Number
- Roll Number
- Course Name
- Course Code
- Marks secured by the candidate
- Maximum number of the marks
- Status of the Result
- Date and the time of the exam
- The rank of the candidate
- Instructions to be followed by the candidate after the declaration of the Result.
Score Calculation of TANCET Results
Candidates can check below the marking scheme defined by the examination authority for various courses.
- For each correct answer, candidates are awarded 1 mark
- The candidates’ 1/3 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer
- For choosing multiple options as the answer, 1/3 marks are deducted
- In Part II of ME / M.Tech/ M.Arch / M.Plan, all correct answers up to 20 are given marks while for the wrong answer there is a negative marking.
What is the Normalisation of Marks in TANCET 2021
The normalisation of marks is done for ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch / M. Plan programmes only. The question paper of the entrance test is divided into three parts – Part I (Engineering Mathematics), Part II (Basic Engineering & Sciences) and Part III (meant for different disciplines). Part I and II are common for all programmes while Part III is different. As a result, the mean mark and standard deviation vary as per disciplines in Part III. To bring uniformity in variations, marks of candidates are normalized. The formula for calculating the normalized marks is given below.
The formula for normalisation of marks:
N= 40+(10/s) X (R-M)
N= Normalised marks
S= Standard Deviation
R= Raw marks
M= Mean marks
What After TANCET MBA/M.Plan/M.Tech Results?
Candidates who will clear the entrance exam have to attend the counselling based on their scores and ranks. TANCET counselling registration starts soon after the declaration of the mark sheet. The counselling is conducted separately for each course. To appear for counselling, candidates need to first register themselves. TANCET rank list will be published after the registration process.
TANCET Rank List for TANCET Category
The merit list for this category solely depends on the marks of TANCET 2021. Refer to the following table to know about the expected rank list for the engineering stream at various educational institutes across Tamil Nadu.
|Category||University Departments/Colleges||Government/Govt aided colleges|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||78||16|
|Most Backward Classes||404||26|
|Special Central Assistance||55||3|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||594|
|Most Backward Classes||3282|
|Special Central Assistance||509|
TANCET Rank List 2021 for GATE Category
- For Engineering/Technology candidates, Only GATE score is taken into consideration to prepare the merit list.
- For Engineering Science and Life Science candidates, the Rank list will be prepared based on GATE qualified score and Anna University TANCETwith a weight of 70:30 respectively.
Refer to the following table to know about the expected qualifying score for candidates seeking admission through GATE:
|TANCET Paper Code||SC/SCA/ST (CANDIDATES BELONGING TO TAMIL NADU ONLY)||TAMIL NADU (BC/BCM/MBC & DNC)|
TANCET Rank List for Sponsored Category
- A certain number of seats are reserved for candidates employed and sponsored by government organisations, government-aided educational institutions and registered professional architects with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- The rank list for this category will be prepared on the basis of the TANCET 2020 score.
- Candidates with a minimum 5-year professional experience is considered for admissions to the M.Arch programme at the University of the Department of Anna University and the School of Planning and Architecture.
TANCET Counselling 2021
The candidates who qualify for the TANCET are eligible to participate in the TANCET counselling. The authority releases a merit list of the shortlisted candidates. The TANCET counselling dates will be available on the official website. These candidates must attend the counselling in order to get admission. The admission process will not be deemed successful without the TANCET counselling process.
Therefore, the candidates will have to participate in it. Also, the candidates must appear for counselling on the mentioned date & time. Any request for the change of time & venue of the counselling will not be entertained. If the candidate fails to be present for the counselling process, then his/her seat might be alloted to the next candidate. Furthermore, the TANCET counselling will include document verification & seat allotment.
TANCET Document Verification 2021
The candidates will have to carry certain documents to the counselling. However, they must make sure that the documents are valid. Since any invalid document may lead to admission cancellation. Furthermore, we have mentioned the list of documents required in order to participate in the TANCET counselling.
- Online Printed TANCET Application Form
- Degree/Certificate of the qualifying examination
- All Semester examination Marksheet of the qualifying examination.
- Provisional Degree and the Certificate
- Permanent Community certificate card
- TANCET Rank Card
- TANCET Hall Ticket 2021
- Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
- District Medical Board Certificate (for Differently abled candidates)
- Demand Draft of Rs. 300/-
TANCET Seat Allotment 2021
The candidates who get their documents verified will further get a seat allotment letter. It will mention the steps to follow further. Also, once the candidates receive the letter, he/she can be assured that their documents have been verified. They will become eligible for admission to colleges. Subsequently, the candidates must report to the allotted college within the stipulated time. They must carry all the required documents & get them verified. Subsequently, they must submit their self-attested copies as well. Also, they must pay the admission fees therein in order to secure their admission.
Important Instructions Related To The TANCET Result
The candidates must keep certain points in mind whilst downloading the TANCET Result. Therefore, to help the candidates we have provided information regarding the same. Check below.
- The TANCET Result will be available online. Therefore, the candidates must visit the official website in order to download the result. However, only those candidates will be able to download the result who appeared for the TANCET Exam.
- The candidates must provide the required credentials in the login section in order to download the result. However, the candidate will not be able to download the result with invalid credentials.
- The TANCET Result 2021 is an important document. Therefore, the candidates must make sure that it contains all the important details. However, in case of any discrepancy, the candidates must contact the examination authority.
- The candidates must make sure to get multiple copies of the TANCET result. It will be required during the counselling & seat allotment process.