Sambalpur University Distance Education Admission 2020 will start soon. However, the admission for the regular courses has been started. Students who are willing to get admission in this University can check the details below. Sambalpur University was established in 1967 and is located in Sambalpur, Odhisa, India. The Directorate of Distance & Continuing Education (DDCE), Sambalpur University is the main conducting body for SU DDCE Admission Process. The university offers admission to undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Admission to PG Diploma, MA, M Sc., M Tech, M.Phil, M.C.A, M.B.A, and Ph.D. courses will take place on the basis of the entrance exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Whereas, the admission to the UG Courses will take place on the basis of Merit Scores. So, in this article, we have provided complete details regarding Sambalpur University DDCE Admission. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
- Sambalpur University has started the admission process for July 2020 Session. Click Here to Apply. Download the Official Prospectus below.
Objectives of DDCE, Sambalpur
The Directorate of Distance & Continuing Education (DDCE), Sambalpur University has the following objective:
- To provide equal opportunity for higher education through distance mode, and promote continuing education.
- To enable learners to overcome barriers: geographical, socio-economic and gender, etc.
- The University firmly believes in providing the opportunity to adult and working population to upgrade their knowledge, skill, and qualifications and to advance their career perspective.
- To provide the opportunity to those who are unable to pursue higher education in the conventional mode of teaching.
Highlights of Sambalpur University DDCE Admission
- The admission process of Sambalpur University starts in the month of November 2020.
- The mode of the application is both offline and online.
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of academic performance.
- MCA Admissions are direct.
Courses Offered by Sambalpur University DDCE
The list of courses that are offered in Sambalpur University for Distance Education are as follows-
- Bachelor of Arts (Pass & Hons.) in History, Pol. Sc., Economics, Odia, and Sociology.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Pass & Hons.) in Accountancy.
- Master of Computer Application (Direct Entry)
- Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry)
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- P.G. Diploma in Computer Application
- Master of Business Administration
Sambalpur University Distance Education Admission Dates
The candidates planning on applying for admission to the University must keep visiting the website on a regular basis for any of the latest updates and events. However, the University has not updated any official notification yet, we have provided tentative dates below of Sambalpur University DDCE Admission.
|Last date of receipt of complete application form without late fee||4th Week of November 2020|
|Last date of receipt of complete application form with late fee of Rs.100/-||4th Week of December 2020|
Sambalpur University DDCE Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria is the most important factor in the Sambalpur University Admission Process. These criteria include age limit, nationality, educational qualifications, etc. Students who do not satisfy the educational and age criteria will not be eligible for further stages of the admission process. Therefore, make sure that you fit as per the conditions of the University. Here, we have provided complete details regarding Sambalpur University DDCE Eligibility Conditions.
Sambalpur University UG and PG Eligibility Criteria
Find the defined eligibility criteria as per the course in the table below.
|Name of the Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
Bachelor of Arts (Pass & Hons.)
|A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.|
Bachelor of Commerce (Pass & Hons.) in Accountancy
|A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from Board recognized by the University.|
Master of Computer Application (Direct Entry)
Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry)
(i) PGDCA / PGDIT or its equivalent programme from a Recognized University / Institute or
(ii) ‘A’ level examination of DOEACC Society, after graduation or
(iii) BCA, B.Sc(IT), B.Sc. (Computer Sc.) or
any degree having Computer Science / IT as major subjects.
Candidates desirous of taking admission in MCA 3rd semester (lateral entry) will have to pay course fees only for the Semesters to be completed. However such candidates have to pay an exemption (Lateral Entry) fee of Rs. 5000/- along with the admission fees. Those who have not studied mathematics at the 10+2 / Diploma or Graduation level will be required to successfully complete the mathematics Paper-I (Computer Based Mathematics & Statistics) as per BCA course structure of Sambalpur University concurrently with the 2nd Year of MCA Course and such candidates are required to pay an additional course fee of Rs. 2000/-.
Bachelor of Computer Application
|A candidate should have passed 10 + 2 in any Discipline or Diploma or Equivalent.|
P.G. Diploma in Computer Application
|A candidate should be Graduate in any Discipline or Equivalent.|
Master of Business Administration
|A candidate who has passed the Bachelor Degree Examination of Sambalpur University or any examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Academic Council of Sambalpur University shall be eligible to apply for admission into Master of Business Administration.|
Sambalpur University DDCE 2020 Application Form
The candidates desirous to take admission into the courses offered by DDCE, Sambalpur University will have to fill the application form. You can obtain application form and prospectus for B.A. (Pass/ Hons), B.Com (Pass/ Hons), MCA, BCA, PGDCA, and MBA from the recognized Study Center on payment of Rs. 250/-. You can also download it from the website of DDCE, Sambalpur University i.e. www.suniv.ac.in.
The mode of filling the form is offline. It has to be submitted to the study centre of the first choice along with supporting documents and bank drafts/ Journal of Rs.250/- in favour of Director, DDCE, Sambalpur Univesity. The applications should not be sent to the University directly.
How to Apply for SUNIV DDCE Application Form?
The candidates may follow the steps mentioned below for filling the Application form for admission:
- A candidate has to fill the name of the course for which he/she is applying.
- Enter the name of the nearest study center.
- Fill your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Fill your Father’s and Mother’s name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Enter your Date of Birth as recorded in the 10th class marks memo in DD/MM/YY format only.
- Candidate belongs to BC/SC/ST/PwD category shall have to fill their caste.
- Fill the correct gender in the sex column.
- Write the complete postal address including Pin Code to which communications are to be sent.
- Fill the contact number and valid email id for future communication.
- Enter the educational details of the last qualifying examination.
- Candidate must sign the declaration with the date to authenticate the information provided by them. Unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- Application form duly filled in along with required documents and fees be submitted to the recognized Study Center.
- An incomplete application form will be rejected. Fees once deposited will not be refunded at any cost.
Enclosure with Application Form
The candidates have to attach below-mentioned documents along with the Application:
- A self-attested photocopy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate in support of date of birth.
- A self attested photocopy of the certificate of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Original Certificates of HSC, +2 and Caste Certificate (if applicable). These certificates will be returned back after admission through speed post.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Enclose two self-addressed envelops (size 27X 13 c.m.).
- For MBA/MCA/BCA/PGDCA: One Self Address Envelope (22 x 10cm) should be enclosed with the application form by affixing Rs.5/- Stamp.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Three passport size photographs duly attested.
- For MBA/MCA/BCA/PGDCA: Two Passport Size photograph and one stamp size photo.
- Deposit Slip towards (i) Admission Forms and Prospectus and (ii) Course Fees, Others if any.
Sambalpur University DDCE Admission Procedure
- The interested candidates may apply directly to the college.
- The candidates have to submit the filled-in application form at the nearest study center along with the required documents.
- The candidates applying for admission into the courses offered by DDCE Sambalpur University if found eligible and having paid the fees in full are deemed to have been admitted at Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar and not in the study centre where they have deposited the application.
- The study centres cannot admit any student. The University has the authority for admitting students.
- Make sure that you mention the name of the course clearly.
- The candidates have to produce the required documents at the time of admission for the allocation of the seat.
Rejection of Admission form of a candidate
The application form of a candidate may be rejected due to the following reasons:
- If the Certificate Copies are not sent along with the application form.
- You must submit the original qualifying exam certificate to DDCE.
- Any incomplete form, or without payment of fees.
- Application Form with incorrect details can also lead to the rejection of the form.
Sambalpur University DDCE Result 2020
The University of Sambalpur declares its result online. You can check the result by visiting the official website- suniv.ac.in. The result will provide the qualifying status of the candidates. To check the Sambalpur University Result, you need to enter your Registration and Roll Number details.
Sambalpur University DDCE Fee Structure
The candidates can check the course fee for the different programs from the table given below.
|Name of the Course||Fee|
|For B.A./B.Com. (Pass & Hons.)|
|B.A. / B.Com Pass||Rs. 3000/- for General candidate Rs.2500/- for SC/ ST candidate (Make sure that you attach the caste certificate)|
|B.A./ B.Com Hons.||Rs. 3500/- for General Candidate Rs.3000/- for SC/ ST candidate (Make sure that you attach the caste certificate)|
|Examination Fees||Rs. 1100/- per semester Rs.100/- per paper (for subsequent Examination) Rs.100/- towards infrastructure development fee|
|MCA (Direct entry)|
|MCA (Lateral entry)||Rs. 41,000/-|
|Examination fees||Rs. 1000/-+ Rs. 100/- (Infrastructure Development) per Semester to be paid at the time of form fillup for examination|
|Course fee||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Examination fee||Rs. 1500/-+Rs.100/- (Infrastructure Development) per year to be paid of the time of form fillup before the examination|
|Course fee||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Examination fee||Rs. 1500/-+Rs.100/- (Infrastructure Development) to be paid at the time of form fillup before the examination.|
|Course Fee||Rs. 12,500/-Per Semester|
|Examination fees||Rs. 1600/- per semester (Rs.1500 Examination+ Rs.100/- Infrastructural Development Fee to be paid to the Examination Centre) Rs. 200/- per paper for subsequent Examination. Both course fee and examination fees (12500/- + 1600/- = 14100/-) be deposited in the form of one Bank Draft at the time of admission.|
So, these are the complete details of Sambalpur University Distance Education Admission 2020. If you have any queries then please commnent on the section below.