Sambalpur University was established in 1967 and is located in Sambalpur, Odhisa, India. The university offers admission to undergraduate and post-graduate level. Admission to PG Diploma, MA, M Sc., M Tech, M.Phil, M.C.A, M.B.A and PhD courses are being conducted with an entrance examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Directorate of Distance & Continuing Education (DDCE), Sambalpur University has the following objective:
- To provide equal opportunity for higher education through distance mode.
- To promote continuing education.
- To enable learners to overcome barriers: geographical, socio-economic and gender etc.
- To provide the opportunity to adult and working population to upgrade their knowledge, skill and qualifications and to advance their career perspective.
- To provide the opportunity to those who are unable to pursue higher education in the conventional mode of teaching.
Courses Offered by Sambalpur University DDCE
- Bachelor of Arts (Pass & Hons.) in History, Pol. Sc., Economics, Odia and Sociology.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Pass & Hons.) in Accountancy.
- Master of Computer Application (Direct Entry)
- Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry)
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- P.G. Diploma in Computer Application
- Master of Business Administration
Important Date Regarding Sambalpur University 2018 Admissions
|Last date of receipt of complete application form without late fee||Last week of November 2018|
|Last date of receipt of complete application form with late fee of Rs.100/-||Last week of December 2018|
Sambalpur University DDCE Eligibility Criteria
The university has set different eligibility criteria for different courses. The candidates seeking admission can check the same from the table given below.
|Name of the Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
|Bachelor of Arts (Pass & Hons.)||A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from Board recognized by the University.|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Pass & Hons.) in Accountancy||A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from Board recognized by the University.|
|Master of Computer Application (Direct Entry)||Any Graduate of a recognized University / Institute having mathematics as a subject at 10+2 / Diploma or Graduation. Those who have not studied mathematics at the 10+2 / Diploma or Graduation level will be required to successfully complete the mathematics Paper-I (Computer Based Mathematics & Statistics) as per BCA course structure of Sambalpur University concurrently with the 1st year of MCA Course and such candidates are required to pay an additional course fee of Rs. 2000/-|
|Master of Computer Application (Lateral Entry)||Lateral entry to MCA 3rd Semester is allowed to the candidates who have already successfully completed:
(i) PGDCA / PGDIT or its equivalent programme from a Recognized University / Institute or
(ii) ‘A’ level examination of DOEACC Society, after graduation or
(iii) BCA, B.Sc(IT), B.Sc. (Computer Sc.) or
any degree having Computer Science / IT as major subjects.
Candidates desirous of taking admission in MCA 3rd semester (lateral entry) will have to pay course fees only for the Semesters to be completed. However such candidates have to pay an exemption (Lateral Entry) fee of Rs. 5000/- along with the admission fees. Those who have not studied mathematics at the 10+2 / Diploma or Graduation level will be required to successfully complete the mathematics Paper-I (Computer Based Mathematics & Statistics) as per BCA course structure of Sambalpur University concurrently with the 2nd Year of MCA Course and such candidates are required to pay an additional course fee of Rs. 2000/-.
|Bachelor of Computer Application||A candidate should have passed 10 + 2 in any Discipline or Diploma or Equivalent.|
|P.G. Diploma in Computer Application||A candidate should be Graduate in any Discipline or Equivalent.|
|Master of Business Administration||A candidate who has passed the Bachelor Degree Examination of Sambalpur University or any examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Academic Council of Sambalpur University shall be eligible to apply for admission into Master of Business Administration.|
Sambalpur University DDCE 2018 Application Form
The candidates desirous to take admission into the courses offered by DDCE, Sambalpur University may fill the application form. The application form and prospectus for B.A. (Pass/ Hons), B.Com (Pass/ Hons), MCA, BCA, PGDCA and MBA can be obtained from the recognized Study Center on payment of Rs. 250/- only and can be downloaded from the website of DDCE, Sambalpur University i.e. www.suniv.ac.in.
The application form may then be filled in by hand and should be submitted to the study centre of the first choice along with supporting documents and bank drafts/ Journal of Rs.250/- in favour of Director, DDCE, Sambalpur Univesity. The applications should not be sent to the University directly.
Procedure to fill the Application Form
The candidates may follow the steps mentioned below for filling the Application form for admission:
- A candidate has to fill the name of the course for which he/she is applying.
- Enter the name of the nearest study centre.
- Fill your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Fill your Father’s and Mother’s name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Enter your Date of Birth as recorded in 10th class marks memo in DD/MM/YY format only.
- Candidate belongs to BC/SC/ST/PwD category shall have to fill their caste.
- Fill correct gender in the sex column.
- Write the complete postal address including Pin Code to which communications are to be sent.
- Fill the contact number and valid email id for future communication.
- Enter the educational details of the last qualifying examination.
- Candidate must sign the declaration with the date to authenticate the information provided by them. Unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- Application form duly filled in along with required documents and fees be submitted to the recognized Study Center.
- An incomplete application form will be rejected. Fees once deposited will not be refunded at any cost.
Enclosure with Application Form
The candidates have to attach below mentioned documents along with the Application:
- A self-attested photocopy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate in support of date of birth.
- A self attested photocopy of the certificate of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Original Certificates of HSC, +2 and Caste Certificate (if required) which will be returned after verification by speed post.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Enclose two self addressed envelops (size 27X 13 c.m.).
- For MBA/MCA/BCA/PGDCA: One Self Address Envelope (22 x 10cm) should be enclosed with the application form by affixing Rs.5/- Stamp.
- For B.A./B.Com.: Three passport size photographs duly attested.
- For MBA/MCA/BCA/PGDCA: Two Passport Size photograph and one stamp size photo.
- Deposit Slip towards (i) Admission Forms and Prospectus and (ii) Course Fees, Others if any.
Sambalpur University DDCE 2018 Admission Procedure
- The interested candidates may apply directly to the college.
- The candidates have to submit the filled in application form at the nearest study centre along with the required documents.
- The candidates applying for admission into the courses offered by DDCE Sambalpur University if found eligible and having paid the fees in full are deemed to have been admitted at Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar and not in the study centre where they have deposited the application.
- The study centres cannot admit any student. The University has the authority for admitting students.
- The candidates are advised to clearly mention the name of the course in the application form.
- The candidates have to produce the required documents at the time of admission for the allocation of the seat.
Rejection of Admission form of a candidate
The application form of a candidate may be rejected due to the following reasons:
- Self Attested copies of certificate of the qualifying examination are not sent with admission form.
- Original certificate of the qualifying examination is not produced in the Directorate on demand.
- The qualifying examination is not recognized by the Sambalpur University.
- Incomplete Form or the required documents are not attached or photographs not affixed.
- Names of the course are not filled up in the application form.
Sambalpur University DDCE Fee Structure
The candidates can check the course fee for the different programmes from the table given below.
|Name of the Course||Fee|
|For B.A./B.Com. (Pass & Hons.)|
|B.A. / B.Com Pass||Rs. 3000/- for General candidate Rs.2500/- for SC/ ST candidate (Caste Certificate must be attached)|
|B.A./ B.Com Hons.||Rs. 3500/- for General Candidate Rs.3000/- for SC/ ST candidate (Caste certificate must be attached)|
|Examination Fees||Rs. 1100/- per semester Rs.100/- per paper (for subsequent Examination) Rs.100/- towards infrastructure development fee|
|MCA (Direct entry)
|MCA (Lateral entry)||Rs. 41,000/-|
|Examination fees||Rs. 1000/-+ Rs. 100/- (Infrastructure Development) per Semester to be paid at the time of form fillup for examination|
|Course fee||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Examination fee||Rs. 1500/-+Rs.100/- (Infrastructure Development) per year to be paid of the time of form fillup before the examination|
|Course fee||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Examination fee||Rs. 1500/-+Rs.100/- (Infrastructure Development) to be paid of the time of form fillup before examination.|
|Course Fee||Rs. 12,500/-Per Semester|
|Examination fees||Rs. 1600/- per semester (Rs.1500 Examination+ Rs.100/- Infrastructural Development Fee to be paid to the Examination Centre) Rs. 200/- per paper for subsequent Examination. Both course fee and examination fees (12500/- + 1600/- = 14100/-) be deposited in the form of one Bank Draft at the time of admission.|