Berhampur University is a state university in Odisha, India. The University has a wide range of UG and PG courses to offer. Moreover, various fields include Arts, Science, Commerce, and Medical Research. Moreover, the university offers programs in both regular as well as distance modes of education. However, it is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a suitable mode of education in the form of distance learning school. In addition, those who cannot attend the conventional mode of education can opt for any of the above courses accordingly. Therefore, for more details related to Berhampur University Distance Education Admission 2020 as well as Berhampur University Distance Education courses continue on this page.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Berhampur University Distance Education Admission Schedule 2020 (Tentative)
Candidates should have the latest schedule of events and dates related to the admission procedure. Therefore, given below is the admission schedule followed by Berhampur University for UG and PG courses. However, the dates here are tentative. But we will definitely provide the official dates as soon as the university releases them at the official website of the same.
|Commencement of sale of Application Forms||May 2020|
|Last date of sale of Application Forms||July 2020|
|Last date of receiving the application||July 2020|
|M.Tech Admission Test||July 2020|
|M.Pharm Admission Test||July 2020|
|Start of Application for Distance||July 2020|
|Closure of Application for Distance||August 2020|
Berhampur University Distance Learning Admissions 2020
Berhampur University Distance Education Admission offers various courses under distance learning through School of Distance Education and Learning. It offers admission in various UG courses namely BCA, B. Sc., BBA, B.Com, BA. Whereas, the PG courses include M.Phil, MSc., Ph.D., M.Pharm., M.Tech.
However, candidates applying for UG courses must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate 50% marks. In addition, all the UG courses are of 3 years time period. Whereas, the candidates applying for PG courses through Distance Learning Education must have a graduate degree in the respective field as well. Therefore, below on this page, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria for a number of UG as well as PG courses. You must go through the same so that you must be well revised with the selection criteria of the respective courses.
Berhampur University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
In order to take admission in distance learning courses, BU candidates have to check the eligibility criteria in the first place. However, then the candidates will further have to obtain the application form from the online portal or information centers in their nearest town. Moreover, candidates should have the required documents and scanned copy of photograph and signatures prior to filling the registration form. Therefore, the following tables contain all the information regarding Berhampur University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria one needs to know. Following are the details of courses offered for distance learning and eligibility related to it:
Eligibility Criteria for UG courses:
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|B.Com Hons.||Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|B.Com||Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|BSc. Hons.||Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|B.LIB.I.SC||Candidate should be clear 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
Eligibility Criteria for PG courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Students who have secured at least 200 marks in the concerned subject as Gen/Hons/Major Elective at Degree level.|
|Any Science Graduate having studied the concerned subject as General/Hons. at the Degree level.|
|M.Sc. Marine Science||Oceanography|
|Any Science Graduate with Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/ Environment Science /Water Management. Any Science Graduate with Chemistry/Botany/Zoology/ Biological Techniques / Specimen Preservation.|
|MBA||Students with any graduate degree are eligible to apply.|
|MCA Lateral Entry||BCA with Mathematics & Statistics at +2 or +3 level.|
|LLM||Students with LL.B or B.L degree are eligible to apply. Practicing advocates or Judicial officers can also apply.|
|PG Diploma||Computer Application||Any Graduate with 45% of marks in aggregate with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject at +2 level|
|Marketing Management||Any Graduate with 40% marks in aggregate.|
|Banking & Finance||Any Graduate with 40% marks in aggregate.|
|Yoga Science||Any Graduate|
|Communicative English||Any Graduate|
|Library Automation & Networking||Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)|
Berhampur University Distance Education Application Form 2020
For Berhampur University Distance Education Admission 2020 the interested candidates can apply online as well as offline mode. In order to apply for admission through an online mode, one can visit the official website of the university to fill the online application form. Whereas the offline form is usually sent along with a demand draft through speed post or registered post to:
Harihara Mardaraj Distance Education Centre,
Berhampur University, Berhampur-760 007,
Candidates seeking admission into various P.G. / Diploma/ Self-financing courses of Berhampur University have to pay the application fee as required. For candidates of General category, the application fee is Rs. 600/-. Whereas, it is Rs. 500/- only for SC/ST candidates. The amount has to be paid through the admission portal. No other form of payment will be accepted under any circumstances.
Note: Processing-cum-Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Important Instructions Regarding Application Form
- Above all, make sure that the information you enter in the form gets converted into upper case
- Moreover, all the mandatory fields are marked as “*”.
- Furthermore, the application form has 4 sections: Basic details, Photo Upload, Registration Form, and Payment.
- Furthermore, you can submit each section by clicking on “Save and Continue”.
- However, after submitting your application you will further receive an email at your registered email-ID containing the Login details.
- In order to make any changes in your form, you can log in using the credential sent to you via email. THen further click on “My Form”.
- Furthermore, make sure that you save your registration form after making the desired changes.
- Before filing the application form please ensure you have your email-ID and scanned images of your passport size photo and signature.
Admission Procedure of University Admission
Students who have applied for admission in one of the UG courses need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as pre. However, failing in submitting the necessary documents might cancel your candidature. Moreover, as soon as the admission gets confirmed, the university will return all the original documents. In case of spot admission, students are advised to come according to the Index number allotted to them as per the university. Whereas, for PG courses, admission is strictly merit-based. This will further include your academic performance during your graduation degree. If you satisfy the minimum selection criteria, only then you will get admission to the desired courses.
Furthermore, candidates applying for distance education, they will receive their original documents along with the admission letter within the verification period. For spot admission, students can come to the Distance Education Center in the University campus on the dates mentioned in the schedule. Furthermore, make sure to visit the official website for regular updates.
Berhampur University Distance Education Result
The result of the exams conducted by Berhampur University for different courses gets declared on the official website. Moreover, make sure to check the details of the result very carefully. In order to avoid any further confusion. Furthermore, we will also provide the link as soon as the university will release it. Students can check their result by following the given steps:
- In the first place go to the official website of the university.
- Then further look for the result section on the home page.
- Furthermore, click on the Result link thus provided.
- A PDF of the same will then appear on the screen.
- Thereafter, download the PDF and take its print out for further use in the long run.
Characteristics of Distance Learning:
The following are the characteristics of Distance Education one should definitely know about before seeking admission in the same.
- Above all, there is no age limit.
- Moreover, flexibility in rules and regulations.
- Furthermore, it is a special facility in order to bring the dropouts in the mainstream by condoning break in studies.
- Admissions twice a year, including the calendar year (January batch) as well as the academic year (July batch).
- In addition, quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in the English language.
- Moreover, well-defined minimum and maximum duration of each program
The study is usually based on the credit system. This, in turn, results students is at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Furthermore, evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weight age) as well as Term-End-Examination (70% weight age).
Advantages of Distance Education:
- Firstly, you can learn at your own pace as well as convenience.
- Secondly, you can learn in time accordingly provided with the updated study material.
- Moreover, one who lives in quite a remote area, it is of great benefit as an educational learning platform.
- Furthermore, those candidates with family responsibilities can easily manage their responsibilities.
- Finally, one can have exposure to telecommunication technology through online learning.