OUAT 2020: The last date to register for OUAT is over now. Read the article for more details. Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubneshwar will conduct a University level exam known as OUAT 2020. Candidates appearing for the entrance examination will be granted admission in various UG and other agriculture-related courses within the state of Orissa. Candidates have started filling the form from 20th Feb 2020. There are a number of fields in which an applicant can apply for admission through OUAT. These fields include Agriculture, Horticulture, Computer Science and Application, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Fishery Science, Community Science, and Forestry. There is a total of 9 colleges that offer near around 665 seats for admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
OUAT 2020 exam will take place for 2 hours across 24 cities of Orissa and will consist of 200 marks. The exam will be based on the syllabus of class 12th level. After the successful submission of the form, University will issue an admit card. Candidates will be able to check their result on the official website. After an announcement of the result, the university will also publish the merit list and organize counselling on the basis of this merit list.
OUAT Application Form 2020 (Over)
Overview Of OUAT 2020
Candidates can refer to the brief overview related to OUAT 2020 illustrated in the table below:
|Name of the Entrance Examination||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||OUAT Exam|
|Exam Conducting Body||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode – Pen and Paper-based exam|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
|Total number of Participating Institutes||9|
|Total number of Seat Available||665 approx|
OUAT Exam Date 2020
The concerned authorities have declared the schedule related to OUAT 2020. The schedule consist of several dates and applicants who wish to apply for the exam must enlighten themselves with all these dates.
The table below shows announced dates related to the OUAT 2020 examination:
|Releasing of Application Form-A||20th February 2020|
|Final date to submit the Application Form-A||16th June 2020|
|Last Date for Online Application Fee Payment||17th June 2020|
|Editing in Application Form-A||To Be Notified Later|
|Releasing of Admit card|
|OUAT 2020 Examination|
|Declaration of Result|
|Releasing of Application Form-B||—|
|Editing in Application Form-B||—|
|Availability of Intimation-cum-Rank Card||—|
|Commencement of Counselling and Admission Process||—|
|Admission of State Govt. Sponsored Candidates||—|
|Commencement of Orientation Programme||—|
|Starting of Academic Session||—|
|Online Application For Spot||—|
|Availability of Online Intimation Letter for Spot Admission||—|
|Starting of Spot Counselling and Admission||—|
Courses Offered through OUAT
Candidates appearing for OUAT 2020 examination can apply for admission in various undergraduate courses and they are listed below:
- Agricultural Engineering and Technology
- Computer Science and Application
- Veterinary Science
- Animal Husbandry
- Community Science
- Fishery Science
OUAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidate must meet and check the OUAT Eligibility Criteria 2020. The admission authority will allow only eligible candidates to take part in the application process and to appear for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria of OUAT 2020 comprises various parameters and the candidate must satisfy each of these parameters.
The eligibility criteria are described below as prescribed by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology:
- Applicants must hold the citizenship of India
- Foreign candidates can also apply but the admission process for them will be different from the candidates of India.
- The birth date of the appearing aspirant must have fallen on or before 31st December 2003 which means the age of an aspirant must be 17 years or above on 31st December 2020.
- Applicants who have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in class 12th or equivalent examination are eligible for OUAT 2020 examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category must have scored at least 40%
- Aspirants who desire to take admission in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Community Science must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Applicants who want to take admission in Agriculture Engineering and Technology, and Computer Science and Application must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in class 12th.
- Candidates applying for admission in Fishery must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12th
Applicants who want admission in Forestry course must qualify the Physical Endurance Test which consists of following parameters:
- For General category Male candidates – 163 cm or above whereas for SC/ST category Male candidates – at least 152 cm
- For General category Female candidates – 150 cm or above whereas for SC/ST category Female candidates – at least 145 cm
- Male candidates – 79 cm to 84 cm
- Female candidates – 74 cm to 79 cm
- There will be a minimum of 5 cm expansion for both male and female candidates.
PHYSICAL CAPACITY FOR FAST WALKING FOR 4 HOURS
- Male candidates – 25 km
- Female candidates – 14 km
OUAT Application Form 2020
The exam conducting body releases two OUAT Application Form 2020, namely Application Form-A and Application Form-B. The first application form is available in order to apply for the exam and the second application form is made available after appearing for the exam. The application form will come out as per the dates provided by the University.
The Application Form of OUAT 2020 had to be filled with all the required details which included a number of steps that are explained below:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of the university and start the registration process.
Step 2 – Fill the Application Form-A with all the required. Candidates were also supposed to select 3 exam centres while filling the form.
Step 3 – Submit the Application Form-A
Step 4 – Candidates then had to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in a specified format in Application Form-B. The table below illustrates the format for scanned images:
|Photograph of the candidate||200 cm x 150 cm||20 KB – 50 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature of the candidate||100 cm x 150 cm||10 KB – 20 KB||JPG/JPEG|
Step 5 – Now submit the Application Form-B
Step 6 – The candidate received login id, password and application number on their registered email id or on valid contact number.
Step 7 – An application fee of Rs. 1200 had to deposited by an applicant either in online mode or offline mode.
OUAT Selection Procedure 2020
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology comprise of 2 stages for OUAT Selection Procedure 2020 and they are Entrance Examination and Interview. Thus, aspirants who qualify both these stages will be shortlisted and granted admission to various participating institutes. The shortlisted candidates who pass both the stages have to attend the Counselling process for verification of documents. The final merit list for the qualified applicants will be released by the Gujarat High Court Board after the completion of a selection procedure of OUAT 2020. Candidates then have to check their names if present or not in the merit list and follow the instructions of the OUAT Examination Board.
Common Service Center No. – 9078570345
Asst. Registrar (Academic) – 0674-2397970 (111/218)
OUAT Exam Pattern 2020
Applicants must be aware of the OUAT Exam Pattern 2020 and they can refer to the information given below:
- The examination will be of total 200 marks
- OUAT 2020 will cover the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology
- There will be multiple-choice questions in the examination
- The entrance examination will be conducted for 2 hours.
- The question paper will be in the English language only.
- No negative marking will be done
The table below displays the marks distribution among the different subjects:
|Name of the Subject||Marks Distribution|
Weightage To Academic Career And Entrance Examination:
The weighted score of candidates will be calculated on the basis of his/her academic career and Entrance Examination as given below:
- H.S.C. / equivalent – 25%
- +2 Sc. /equivalent – 25%
- Entrance Examination – 50%*
Total – 100%
*i.e. 1/4th of the total mark secured in the Entrance Examination
- The H.S.C. marks and +2 Science mark in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology (whichever is higher) will be taken in to account for the calculation of weightage.
- In case of candidates who have passed any of the examinations compartmentally the average marks of the 1st and 2nd examinations will be taken for computation of the weighted score
- Applicants possessing ‘B’ certificate for NCC during +2 Science will be awarded 5% of marks on the weightage obtained on the PCM/PCB of +2 Science/equivalent which will be added to the total weightage obtained from career (50%) plus entrance marks(50%) for determination of merit list as per the clause 4.3 of UG prospectus.
- PCM/PCB Marks = 275
- % of PCB/PCM Marks = 275/300 = 91.67%
- 25% of PCM/PCB = 22.92
- 5% of the weightage for NCC on 22.92 =1.146, which will be added to calculate total weightage
OUAT Syllabus 2020
Applicants must check the official website of the university as OUAT 2020 Syllabus will be available there. Candidates are advised to download the syllabus and begin their preparation for the exam. The syllabus will include these subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English. Syllabus of OUAT 2020 will be based on Class 11th and 12th level and comprise of following topics:
Dynamics of particles, rotational motion, heat and thermodynamics, thermodynamics, radiation, waves, wave optics, electrostatics, Kirchhoff’s laws, magnetic effects of current, electromagnetic induction, alternating current, electromagnetic waves, photoelectric effect and matter waves, semi conduction devices.
Structure of atom, periodic table and periodicity in property, chemical bonding and molecular structure, redox reaction, chemical equilibrium, chemical kinetics, ionic equilibrium, acids and bases, energetic, colloidal state of matter, metals, s- block elements, d- block elements, valence of carbon and hybridization, structure and reactivity, pyrolysis, organo-metallic compound, saturated hydrocarbons, organic chemistry based on functional groups A, organic chemistry based on functional groups B, Aliphatic amines, aromatic compounds, synthesis and natural polymers, chemistry in action.
Algebra of complex number, relations and functions, matrices, vector, coordinate geometry, parabola, three-dimensional geometry, probability, functions, limit continuity, differentiability, derivatives, application of derivatives, successive differentiation, methods of integration, integration of functions, definite integral, quadrature.
Unity of life, continuity of life, plant psychology, environmental biology, botany and human welfare, invertebrates, vertebrates.
OUAT Preparation Tips
There are some OUAT Preparation Tips 2020 for candidates so that they can prepare themselves for the exam. These preparation tips are listed below:
- Applicants can take help from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th in order to prepare for the OUAT exam.
- Candidates can refer to books available in pdf format and also EBooks which are available online. EBooks are very easy and portable.
- An aspirant must practice from previous years’ question papers. These papers will provide ideas about the questions asked in the exam, Therefore, aspirants can prepare well through previous years papers.
OUAT 2020 Admit Card
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology will issue the OUAT Admit Card 2020 on the official website. Aspirants can access and download the admit card by using their user ID and password. No candidate will receive the admit card via post or on their registered email ID. Admit Card of OUAT 2020 will act as an important document because candidates without an admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall and appear for the exam. There will be a number of information imprinted on the admit card which includes details about the applicant and also of the entrance examination. The OUAT 2020 Hall Ticket will also contain a number of instructions regarding the entrance exam.
Aspirants are advised to carry any of the id proofs along with the admit card among the following listed proofs:
- School or College ID card
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
NOTE – If there is any discrepancy in the admit card, then the candidate must immediately inform the concerned authorities and get it rectified before the day of an entrance exam. Candidates can contact on the following numbers:
OUAT Exam Centres 2020
There are a total of 24 OUAT Exam Centers 2020 within the state of Orissa where the examination will be conducted. Applicants will be given an opportunity to select at most 3 exam centres as per their convenience while filling the application form. The exam conducting body will allot the exam centres to candidates. The centre once allotted will not be changed under any situation. There might be a chance where an aspirant will be allotted with the Exam Centre of OUAT 2020 other than the selected if there will no vacancy.
Various OUAT 2020 Exam Centres are mentioned below:
There are a total of 9 OUAT Participating Institutes 2020 which grants admission under various courses offered by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology. These participating institutes are mentioned below:
- College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
- College of Agriculture, Chiplima
- College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Horticulture, Chiplima
- College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda
- College of Community Science, Bhubaneswar
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
OUAT Answer Key 2020
OUAT Answer Key 2020 will be published by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology. The university will release the preliminary answer key first. Aspirants can access the answer key via online mode on the official website soon after the conclusion of the exam. The Answer Key of OUAT 2020 contains all the correct responses to the questions that will be asked in the OUAT 2020 exam. With the help of an answer key, applicants will be able to evaluate their expected scores even before the declaration of result. Therefore, candidates who will appear in the exam eagerly wait for OUAT 2020 Answer Key.
OUAT Cutoff 2020
Orissa University will release OUAT Cutoff 2020 for various courses offered by the university in order to grant admission to students. The cutoff will be available only via online mode on the official website of the university. The cutoff of OUAT 2020 is the minimum qualifying marks required by aspirants in order to get admission. Therefore, candidates who desire for admission must score above or equal to the released Cutoff. If applicants fail to meet the OUAT 2020 Cutoff then they will be disqualified from taking admission. The University will also publish the Merit Lista after releasing the Cutoff. Based on this merit list, candidates will be invited to participate in the Counselling process.
OUAT Result 2020
The concerned authority will announce OUAT 2020 Result after the commencement of the exam. The result will be available on the admission portal and will be available in the form of the scorecard. Candidates will be able to check their results by logging in using their application number, contact number, and date of birth. The admission authority advises all aspirants to take a print out of their Result of OUAT 2020 for future admission formalities.
OUAT Merit List 2020
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology will release the OUAT Merit List 2020. This list will be published soon after the declaration of the result. The merit list will contain the names of all the qualified aspirants of the OUAT 2020 examination. The names will be in the order of score obtained by candidates and this score will be valid for only one year.
The score of candidates will be evaluated based on the academics and entrance exam as prescribed in the table below:
|Performance in class 10th or equivalent exam||25%|
|Performance in class 12th or equivalent exam||25%|
|OUAT 2020 Exam||50%|
OUAT Counselling 2020
The exam conducting body will organize the OUAT 2020 Counselling for all the qualified candidates whose names will be mentioned in the merit list. The counselling process will commence once the merit list is out. Applicants must report in person along with their parents or guardian to the notified venues at the specified date and time. At the time of Counselling of OUAT 2020, aspirants are advised to carry their original documents for verification purposes. Upon successful verification, seats will be allotted to applicants based on their merit, availability of seats and course selected for admission. If candidates want to confirm the allotted seat then they have to pay a requisite tuition fee. Also, candidates have to report to the allotted college to finish the admission formalities.
Documents Required At Time Of OUAT Counselling 2020
Aspirants have to carry a number of documents for verification and they are listed below:
- OUAT 2020 Admit Card
- OUAT 2020 Scorecard
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate from Institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or Category certificate (For SC/ST categories)
- Proof of date of birth
- Certificate of Physical Fitness
- Passport sized colored photographs
OUAT Seat Matrix 2020
The various participating institutes offer near around 665 seats for admission to candidates appearing for OUAT 2020 exam. The table below displays the OUAT Seat Matrix 2020 but this matrix is as per the last year’s record. If there will be any reduction or addition in the seats for this year then it will be updated on the official website of the University.
|Participating Institutes||Number of Seats Available|
|College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar||211|
|College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna||60|
|College of Agriculture, Chiplima||60|
|College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar||60|
|College of Horticulture, Chiplima||60|
|College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda||40|
|College of Community Science, Bhubaneswar||32|
|College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Bhubaneswar||80|
|College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||60|