NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – NEET is a national level entrance exam conducted every year. From the year 2019, the organizing authority of NEET is changed from CBSE to NTA. Being the country’s biggest medical entrance exam, applicants need to follow the proper guidelines on the day of exam. With regards to following, the NEET 2019 exam day guidelines, the authorities have time and again asked candidates to strictly adhere to the dress code and things to carry and not to carry on the exam day. NEET organizing body has laid down some specific rules and regulations for the test-takers. If any candidates disobey to follow the same will be debarred to take the exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET exam day guidelines 2019 refer to the reporting time, dos and don’ts, things to be brought to the examination hall, dress code among others. As per NEET 2019 exam day guidelines, the exam will be held in a single session, however, there will be two different entry slots- A & B to report at the exam centre. NEET 2019 admit card and a photograph similar to the one uploaded in the application form are the only essentials required to be carried inside the examination hall. NEET 2019 will be held on 5th May in offline mode in a single session at approximately 2000 centres across 150 cities.
To know the NEET 2019 Dress Code – Click Here.
However, knowing the time schedule and NEET 2019 exam pattern becomes significant. Aspirants can check the article below to know the full details of the exam day guidelines of NEET 2019 to avoid any kind of glitches.
NEET 2019 Exam Day Schedule
The examination centres of NEET 2019 will be opened 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the test. The last entry is scheduled at 9.30 am post which no candidate will be allowed to enter the premises of the examination hall. It is advisable to visit the centre a day before to avoid delay on the day of the examination. The candidates can check the detailed schedule of NEET 2019 exam day.
NEET Schedule 2019
|S. No||Particulars||Date and Time|
|1.||NEET Exam Date||5th May 2019 (offline mode)|
|2.||Reporting at the allotted centre||Slot A – 7.30 am
Slot B – 8.30 am
|3.||Last entry in the examination hall||9.30 am|
|4.||Distribution of the test booklet||9.45 am|
|5.||Breaking the seal of the test booklet||9.55 am|
|6.||Commencement of examination||10.00 am|
|7.||Test Concludes||1.00 pm|
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
The question paper will contain 180 multiple-choice questions each carrying four marks. The questions will be pertaining to Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) section. NEET 2019 will be held in offline mode and the exam will be three hours long. The candidates following the NEET 2019 exam day guidelines must know each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The important details of NEET exam pattern 2019 are given below:
Here we have provided the NEET 2019 exam pattern which is scheduled to held on 5th May 2019 in offline mode in the single session.
|1.||Exam Mode||Offline (pen-paper) based|
|2.||Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|3.||Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|4.||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|5.||Sections||Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
|6.||Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|7.||Maximum Marks||720 Marks|
|8.||Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.|
NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – Barred Items
As per the NEET exam day guidelines, certain items are not allowed in the examination centre. The authorities have made it clear that they are not responsible for keeping any of the belongings of the test-takers. Candidates possessing any of the below-listed items inside the examination hall will not be allowed to take the exam and the candidature will be cancelled. To know the list of items which are barred in the examination hall can be checked below-
NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – Items not allowed in the Examination Hall
|S. No||Stationery Items – Textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, geometry/pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, writing pad, pen drives, eraser, calculator, log table, electronic pen/scanner, etc.|
|1.||Communication Devices – Mobile phone, blue tooth, earphones, microphone, pager, health band, etc.|
|2.||Ornaments – Ring, Bracelet, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, Brooch, etc.|
|3.||Watches – Watch/wrist watch, camera, etc.|
|4.||Other items – Wallet, goggles, handbags, hair pin, hair band, amulets, belt, cap, scarf, eatable (opened or packed) etc. Any metallic items which could be used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like camera, Bluetooth device, etc.|
Document Required on NEET 2019 Exam Day
Candidates who are going to take the NEET 2019 exam must bring the following on the test day.
- Two Print out of NEET 2019 Admit Card.
- Two passport size photograph.
- One valid identity proof along with xerox copy of the same.
- Two black/blue ballpoint pen.
NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines to be followed in the examination hall
- After entering the examination hall, candidates are required to find their allotted seat on which their roll number will be printed.
- Since the candidates are not allowed to carry any of their belonging inside the examination hall apart from NEET admit card 2019 and photograph, therefore, if they are found in possession of anything else then the candidature might get cancelled.
- The candidates will not be allowed to leave their seat before the conclusion of the exam.
- The invigilators will be providing NEET 2019 guidelines which should be complied by the candidates.
- Aspirants will be intimated three times during the exam
- At the commencement of the examination
- At half-time
- At the conclusion of the examination
- Candidates must make sure that they have signed the answer sheet twice once at the starting of the NEET 2019 exam and then at the end of the exam.
- On the attendance sheet, candidates are also required to give their finger impressions.
- The NEET 2019 test booklet will be provided 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the examination and aspirants must fill their particulars on the front page of the test booklet with the ballpoint pen provided at the centre.
- Aspirants will be allowed to break the seal of the test booklet five minutes before the commencement of the examination. It is the responsibility of the candidates to count the number of pages which should be equal to the number mentioned on the front page as soon as they open the seal of the test booklet.
- The answer sheet of NEET 2019 will be enclosed within the test booklet. While following the NEET 2019 exam day guidelines candidates must make sure that the code written on the test booklet is similar to the one provided on the answer sheet.
- The candidates will be then required to fill their particulars on both the sides of the answer sheet.
- Before leaving the examination hall, candidates must submit their answer sheet to the invigilator and sign the attendance sheet.
NEET Answer Sheet 2019
Before appearing for NEET 2019, candidates are advised to get familiar with the answer sheet to avoid mistakes on the day of the exam. The answer sheet of NEET 2019 will consist of two sides-
NEET Answer Sheet Side 1 – On this side of the answer sheet, the candidates will be required to fill their particulars like roll no. (in numerals), roll no. (in words), name of the candidates (in capital letters), father’s name (in capital letters), centre number and centre of examination.
NEET Answer Sheet Side 2 – Candidates will be required to submit their responses on this side of the sheet. The particulars like roll no., centre no., and test booklet no., should be marked on this side as shown in the image given below-
How to mark the responses in NEET 2019 answer sheet?
Aspirants must mark the responses in the correct way as no change will be made to answer once marked. There will be four options to each question and the answer will be indicated by marking the appropriate circle completely with ballpoint pen. If there are two or more responses given to one question then it will be considered as a wrong method. Candidates will not be provided eraser or white fluids since the use of such objects on the answer sheet is prohibited.
NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – Dos and Dont’s
NEET is a national level entrance exam for which approximately 13 lakh candidates are going to appear. Nervousness and anxiety are bound to happen among the applicants. In order to overcome the stress, candidates are advised to check the do’s and don’ts of NEET 2019:
NEET 2019 Exam Day Do’s & Don’ts
|Check your examination centre one day before to avoid last moment rush. Be sure about the examination centre in case there are two or more centres or schools with the same name.||Don’t lose your patience and confidence.
Don’t panic about the preparation.
|Revise the major formulae and short notes.||Don’t check new topics which you have not touched before.|
|Be calm and confident.|
|Strictly follow the guidelines related to dress code, stationery items, etc.|
|Sleep well before the day of the exam.|
|Carefully read the instructions given on question paper.||Don’t be in a hurry while following the instructions.|
|Fill all the information correctly.||Don’t do rough work on the answer sheet.|
|Read the questions carefully and mark right, cross and circle as per the level of difficulty.||Don’t attempt the difficult questions first.
|First solve all those questions for which you are confident, i.e., those marked right, then those marked with a circle and at last the crossed ones.||Don’t jump here and there. Sequentially solve easy questions first.
|Fill the answer if you have done ample questions.||Don’t be in a hurry while filling the answer as one mistake of yours may lead to one wrong answer.|
|First complete all those questions which are marked right, then go for circled ones, and at last crossed ones.||Don’t waste too much time on one question. In case of lengthy calculations, use approximate method.|
If you have any query related to NEET 2019 examination day guidelines, please do ask us by writing in the comment box.