Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Authority of Goa conducts Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET/ Goa CET). Participating institute /colleges under DTE offers various under graduate courses in various programmes in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy and Homeopathy. Candidate can apply for the GCET 2018 Exam online by visiting the official website. Before filling up the application form, candidates must know the eligibility criteria set by the official authority.
|S.No||Courses||Duration of course|
|1)||M.B.BS.||5 and Half Year.|
|3)||B.E (Information Technology, Computer, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical, Civil, Mining)||4 Years|
|4)||Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 Years|
|5)||B. Arch||5 years|
|6)||B.H.M.S||5 and Half Year.|
|7)||B.A.M.S||5 and Half Year.|
|8)||B.Sc in Nursing||4 Years (including Internship)|
|9)||Allied Health Science||–|
|10)||B.P.T (Bachelor of physiotherapy therapy)||4 Years (including 6 months Internship)|
|11)||B.Opt (Bachelor of Optometry)||4 Years (including 12 months Internship)|
|12)||B.Sc.M.I.T (B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology)||4 Years (including 12 months Internship)|
|13)||B.Sc.A.T. (B.Sc. In Anaesthesia Technology)||4 Years (including 12 months Internship)|
Important Update of GCET 2018
The official admission committe has released the dates of the counselling procedure for GCET 2018. The update has been made in the “important dates” section of this article. Read below
DTE has recently announced that the candidates have to download and take a printout of the application form(A) which has been made available on the official website. Submission of the form can be done from 2nd – 7th April 2018. The offline (pen-paper) mode of the exam will be held on 8th and 9th May 2018. For admission to Medical and Dental courses Candidates have to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) – 2018 conducted by CBSE. For admission to Architecture, course candidates have to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture.
Please note that the GCET 2018 Application Form has been released online at the official website in the month of March 2018. However, the application form will be submitted offline by the Candidates at the application reception center only till today.
Important dates of GCET 2018 Application Form
The official admission committee of GCET 2018 has announced the dates of the significant activities. The official dates of declaration of result, merit list and multiple rounds of counselling have been announced. The information regarding the same has been provided below
|1.||Start of receiving of application forms for GCET-18 at Application Reception Centre||02-04-2018(Mon)|
|2.||Last date for receiving forms for GCET-18 at Application Reception Centre & Collecting Admit Cards||07-04-2018(Sat)|
|3.||Last date for receiving of GCET-2018 at DTE and collecting Admit Cards (with late fees)||27-04-2018 (Fri)|
|4.||Dates of GCET-18||08-05-18 (Tue) & 09-05-18(Wed)|
|5.||Result of GCET-18||16-05-18(Wed)|
GCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates must go through the first and foremost core process of filling up the application form. Any mistake in filling up the form can debar the candidate from obtaining the admit card.
Important points that must be kept in mind while filling up the GCET 2018 Application Form
- Applicant must go through the GCET 2018 official brochure.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form.
- In case an applicant has submitted more than one application form, the application submitted last will be considered and the earlier application(s) and registration numbers will be cancelled.
- The code for GCET exam centre preferred by the applicants should be correctly entered on the application form. Any request for the change in choice of exam centre selected/allotted will not be entertained after the admit card is issued. The list of Exam centres will be uploaded here as soon as DTE Goa announces the same
- Applicants must write their name in capital letters. The name and date of birth must be similar to the one recorded in Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) certificate.
GCET 2018 Application Form Category
There are two forms for Goa CET(GCET): Form A and Form B
- Form A is the application form to be filled up by the candidate in person
- Form B is the counselling form to be filled up during the counselling process
For More Information see the Table below :-
|1)||Form A||Common Application Form to all candidate|
|2)||Form B||For Admission to Professional Degree courses.|
|3)||Form B1||For Admission to B.Arch Degree courses based on NATA.|
|4)||Form B2||For Admission to MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS Degree courses based on NEET.|
Step by step Procedure to fill the GCET 2018 Application Form
- Downloading Application Form
- Candidates have to click on the link ‘Download GCET application form 2018’ from the website http://www.dtegoa.govh.in/. Candidates have to download and take a print out of the form on an A4 size paper.
- Filling up the Application Form
Candidates must read the instructions written in the form and then start filling up details on the form. In the application form of GCET 2018 candidates have to enter the following details:
- Personal details – Name (in capital letters), date of birth, place of birth, gender.
- Communication details – Address, street name/area, village/town/city, pin code, state, phone number and mobile number.
- Exam details – GCET 2018 subject code (Table provided below), centre code, centre name.
- Payment details – Demand draft number, bank name, the date on which the Demand Draft was issued.
- Signature and photograph – Candidates have to affix a recent passport size photograph and sign on the form. The parent/ guardian’s name and signature have to be done on the form as well.
GCET 2018 – Subject codes
S.No Subject Codes 1. Physics PY 2. Chemistry CH 3. Mathematics MA 4. Biology BY
- Fee payment
Candidates have to pay GCET Application Fee of Rs.1500 in the offline mode. The fee payment has to be made through demand draft drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” Payable at Panaji – Goa, on any notified Bank. Applicants must ensure that the validity of the Demand Draft is made at least 3 months from the date of issue. In addition to the requisite application fee, candidates submitting the application form after the specified date have to pay an additional late fee of Rs. 1000. After the last date for receiving GCET application form with late fee, no form will further be accepted.
- GCET Application Form 2018 Submission
After filling GCET application form 2018 and enclosing the required documents (mentioned below), candidates have to submit the same in person at the notified locations as per the centre on the specified dates which will be announced by DTE, Goa.
- Documents Required
Candidates have to enclose the following documents with GCET 2018 application form:
- SSCE (Secondary School Certificate Examination) Passing Certificate.
- Class 12 passing certificate or examination hall ticket / Admit Card.
- Two passport size photograph similar to the one affixed on the Application Form of GCET 2018 Exam.
- Demand draft
What after submission
After submitting the application form, candidates must obtain the acknowledgement card and registration number. The Admit Card of GCET 2018 will be issued to candidates on the spot.
So, candidates can follow the above steps to apply for GCET 2018. Candidates must fill up all the mandatory columns in the application form carefully.