MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020: The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET 2020) will be followed by certain pattern and norm and candidates will be required to adhere while appearing for the MHT CET 2020 Examination. These so-called MHT CET Exam Patten 2020 are formulated by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Candidates, while preparing for the MHT CET 2020 Examination, will be benefitted with the awareness of the MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020. The Exam Patten for MHT CET 2020 includes Question Paper set up, Answering mode, Marking Scheme, and so on. Acquaintance with the MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern will help candidates in framing their study routine in a specific direction.
Check Eligibility For MHT CET Exam
In this article, read about the MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020, the mode of MHT CET 2020 Examination, Duration, Type of questions, Sections, Number of Questions, Marking Scheme, and so on.
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020 – A Brief Look
|Particulars of MHT CET 2020 Exam||Details|
|Mode||MHT CET 2020 will be a Computer Based Standardized Test|
|Duration||The exam will be held for about 1 and a half hours for each paper|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||There will be three sections; namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Candidates can opt for Biology paper as well.|
|Number of Questions||There will be around 150 questions in total|
|Marking Scheme||Addition of 2 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There will be a 1 mark deduction for every wrong answer.|
|Language||English for Paper I and English or Hindi or Marathi for Paper II and III.|
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020
MHT CET 2020 will be held online i.e. computer-based standardized test. Candidates who are going to be appearing in the MHT CET 2020 can expect the following different papers.
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Candidates can choose to appear in either of the exam, given they clear the eligibility criteria. Moreover, there will be three Papers, i.e.
- Mathematics – Paper I
- Physics and Chemistry – Paper II
- Biology (Botany section and Zoology section) – Paper III
The MHT CET 2020 Examination will have the following patterns
- Question Paper will contain 50 questions in Paper I; 100 questions in Paper II; and 100 questions in Paper III.
- Each section will be worth a total of 100 marks.
- Each question will have 4 options given corresponding to it. Candidates will have to select one out of the rest.
- Each section will cover the duration of 1 and a half hours.
- Questions will be objective type only.
- Questions will be asked from 4 different sections, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Physics and Chemistry sections will comprise of 100 questions, i.e. 50 each.
- Biology will cover 100 questions, with 50 questions from Botany section and 50 questions from Zoology section.
- Mathematics section will cover the remaining 50 questions.
- Each correct answer will carry an addition of 2 marks in Mathematics (Paper I) and 1 mark for the remaining papers.
- There will be no negative marking.
- If any question is left unanswered, then no marks will be either added or deducted.
MHT CET Marking Scheme 2020
The MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020 is laid down below.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
It is to be noted that around 20% of the syllabus will be asked from 11th standard and remaining 80% of the syllabus will be asked from 12th standard. Candidates are thus advised to be well versed with the 12th standard portions for better performance.
MHT CET Syllabus 2020
|1. Units & Measurement|
|3. Newton’s Laws of Motion|
|4. Impulse and Momentum|
|5. Work and Energy|
|6. Rotational Motion|
|8. Mechanics of Solids and Fluids|
|11. Heat and Thermodynamics|
|13. Current Electricity|
|14. Magnetic Effect of Current|
|15. Electromagnetic Induction|
|17. Modern Physics|
|18. Electronic Devices|
|1. States of Matter|
|2. Atomic Structure|
|3. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure|
|5. Physical and Chemical Equilibria|
|7. Chemical Kinetics|
|8. Hydrogen and s-block elements|
|9. p- d- and f-block elements|
|10. Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons|
|12. Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen|
|13. Biological , Industrial and Environmental chemistry|
|14. Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|3. Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|4. Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|5. Differential calculus|
|6. Integral calculus|
|7. Ordinary Differential Equations|
|11. Linear Programming|
|12. Mathematical Modeling|
|1: Diversity in Living World|
|2: Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function|
|3: Genetics and Evolution|
|4: Structure and Function – Plants|
|5: Structure and Function – Animals|
|6: Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants|
|7: Reproduction and Development in Humans|
|8: Ecology and Environment|
|9: Biology and Human Welfare|
|10: Biotechnology and its Applications|
MHT CET Preparation Tips 2020
Follow these MHT CET preparation tips 2020 mentioned below to know how to efficiently prepare for the examination.
- Be clear with the MHT CET Syllabus before starting with the MHT CET Preparation.
- Prepare a good timetable for each day. This will help the candidate manage time.
- Solve NCERT Books and both available sample papers and mock tests.
- Acquaint with the MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020.
- Understand each concept and make notes of each topic.
- Eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern during the exam preparation.