Important Topics for JEE Main 2019: National Testing Agency (NTA) will be responsible for the organization of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) 2019. Since NTA has taken over the responsibility of Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main 2019), applicants can expect the JEE Main Question Paper to be set in varied manner compared to the previous editions of the exam. In this article, candidates can read about the Important Topics that should be well prepared for appearing in the examination. These topics will be integrally involved in the coming sessions of JEE Main Exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates who are worried about “How to Prepare for JEE Main 2019”, or “What are the most important topics for JEE Main 2019”, will be provided answers to all their queries and doubts. It is certain that hard work will pay off; however, it will be prudent to take a note about the Important Chapters that will be most likely asked in the JEE Main 2019. Becoming aware of these Important Topics for JEE Main will allow candidates to score better marks.
JEE Main 2019 Important Topics
Here is an analysis of the previous year exam pattern and topic wise weight-age for JEE Main.
|Subject||Topic||Distribution in Percentage|
|Sets, Relation, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics||13%|
|Electrostatics and Current Electricity||17%|
|Magnetics and Electromagnetic Induction||13%|
|Semi-conductor Devices, Electromagnetic Waves, and Principles of Communication||13%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||7%|
|Simple Harmonic Motion, Waves, and Elasticity||7%|
|Optics and Waves||3%|
As one can see, the most distribution of topic will definitely fetch some extra marks. And therefore, preparing the topics with most distribution will allow candidates to grab good test score.
JEE Main Important Topics for Physics
In the Physics Sections, candidates must make sure that they prepare these topics thoroughly.
- Dimensional Analysis
- Current Electricity
- Heat Transfer
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Waves and Sound
- Geometrical Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Rotational Dynamics
Candidates must make sure that they practice questions from Center of Mass, Momentum, and Collision; Rotational Dynamics; Simple Harmonic Motion; Fluid Mechanics; Bernoulli’s Principle; Wave Motion and String Waves; Magnetism; Heat and Thermodynamics.
Some of the easily scored topics are Work, Energy, and Power; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Wave Optics; Ray Optics.
JEE Main Important Topics for Chemistry
In the Chemistry Sections, candidates must make sure that they prepare these following topics thoroughly.
- Chemical Bonding
- Periodic Table
- Carbonyl Compounds and their derivatives
- Redox Reactions, Mole concept, and the concept of Equivalents
- Solid State, Solutions, and Gases Theory
- Thermochemistry and the second law of Thermodynamics
Candidates must make sure that they practice questions from Chemical Equilibrium; Ionic Equilibrium; Thermodynamics; Hydrogens and its Compounds; s-block elements; Isomerism of Organic Compounds; Environmental Chemistry; Solid State; Chemical Kinetics; Electrochemistry; Solutions; Qualitative Salt Analysis; Carboxylic Acid and their derivatives; Biomolecules; Polymers; Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Some of the most easily scorable topics in Chemistry are Mole Concept; Co-ordination Chemistry; Alcohol, Phenols, and Ethers; p-block elements.
JEE Main Important Topics for Mathematics
In the Mathematics Section, candidates must make sure that they prepare these following topics thoroughly.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Sequence and Series
- 3-D Geometry
- Probability and Statistics
- Vector Algebra
- Complex Numbers
- Trigonometric Ratios
Candidates must make sure that they practice questions from Coordinate Geometry; Continuity, Differentiability and Limits; Complex Number; Quadratic Equations; Integral Calculus; Sequence and Series; Trigonometry; Logarithms; Quadratic Equations; Sets, Relations, and Functions; Differentiation; Permutation and Combination; Bionomial Theorem; Circles; Solution of Triangles.
Some the most easily scorable topics in Mathematics are Applications of Derivatives; Limit and Continuity; Matrices and Determinants; Straight Lines and Pair of Straight Lines.
JEE Main Exam Pattern – A Brief Look
- Paper 1 will be computer based standardized test which will be held for 3 hour duration.
- Paper 1 will consist of 3 sections, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Total questions will be 90 and each section will comprise 30 questions each.
- Paper 1 will be an objective type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total Marks for the whole paper will be 90 x 4, i.e. 360 marks.
- Paper 2 will be conducted in both online and offline modes.
- Online mode will be for Aptitude Test and Mathematics, while Offline mode will be conducted for drawing test.
- Paper 2 will consist of 3 sections, i.e. Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing Test.
- Duration for paper 2 will be 3 hours.
- Paper 2 will consist of 82 questions. 30 questions will be from Mathematics section and 50 questions will from General Aptitude. Remaining 2 questions will be held offline and will based on drawing and sketching skills.
- Questions for Mathematics and General Aptitude will be objective type multiple choice questions. For Drawing section, questions will be subjective and based on drawing and sketching skills of the candidate.
- JEE Main Question paper will be set for a total of 390 marks.