The Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA is responsible for the counseling process and seat allotment for JEE Main 2021. On the basis of the All India Rank (AIR) obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, the JEE Main Counselling process takes place. Those who will participate in the counselling process will be in the race for admission in NITs, IIITs & NFITs. Hence the JoSSA will announce the JEE Main Counselling Seat Allotment result 2021. Tentatively the JEE Main Counselling 2021 will take place in June 2021. The process of the JEE Main Counselling & seat allotment takes place in an online mode. In order to participate in the JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment 2021, candidates have to register online on the official site of JoSSA.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Within the given time candidates have to enter the choices online for courses, branches, and institutes. There will be two mock rounds followed by seven rounds of counselling. These two rounds are provided so that candidates have a clear vision about the branches. And if they are not comfortable then they can switch it. So these two mock rounds of counselling are like a trial. The allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of the choices filled by candidates during JoSAA 2021 registration. Go through the article to know about the JEE Main Counselling & Seat Allotment 2020.
Note: JEE Main 2021 counselling will take place after the declaration of the JEE Advanced 2021 result.
JEE Main Counselling (JoSAA) 2020 Important Facts.
- There are 3 counselling processes for JEE Main i.e:
- JoSAA: combined counselling process for admission through JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
- CSAB NEUT: conducted for supernumerary seats in the North East and Union Territories. It is conducted for seats reserved in AICTE approved Institutes in India that are not covered under CSAB for the North Eastern States & Union Territories (NEUT).
- CSAB SFTI: counselling procedure conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board for 18 SFTIs (Self Financing Technical Institutes).
|15% All India Quota seats are reserved in State Universities|
2. The participating institutes are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 27 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs).
3. Candidates will have to register on the official website of JoSAA. And then fill the choice and lock it.
4. Seat allotment will take place on the basis of the choice filled by the candidates.
JEE Main Counselling & Seat Allotment Dates 2021
Candidates must be aware of the important dates regarding the JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment procedure 2021. Below are the dates for the reference as the official notification is not out.
|JoSAA Events 2021||Dates|
|JoSAA Registration Begins||June 2021|
|Release of mock seat allocation result for round-1||June 2021|
|Release of mock seat allocation round-2||June 2021|
|Last date to register and fill choices||June 2021|
|Declaration of round-1 of seat allotment||June 2021|
|Round-2 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
|Round-3 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
|Release of Round-4 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
|Round-5 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
|Round-6 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
|Announcement of Seat Allotment of Round-7||July 2021|
|Round-2 of Seat Allotment||July 2021|
Documents Required To Participate In The JEE Main Counselling & Seat Allotment 2021
The procedure to participate in the JEE Main counselling takes place in an online mode. So there is a list of documents required in order to do the registration for the JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment process. Those documents are:
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card 2021.
- 3 Passport size photographs. ( (the same as uploaded during registration)
- JoSSA Provisional Seat Allotment Letter.
- Photo Identity Card.
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Payment.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Mark sheet of Class 12th.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
JEE Main Counselling Procedure 2021
Let’s look at the procedure in a details format.
All the candidates who will clear the JEE will need to register at the official website of JoSAA in order to participate in JEE Main counselling. Thus to fill the online registration form for JEE Main Counselling, candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of JoSAA (link will be available at the time of the event.)
- Log in by entering the JEE Main 2021 Application Number, Password, and Security Pin
- Read the instructions carefully and click on “I Agree” option
- JoSAA counselling form will appear on the screen.
- Fill in the required and correct details in the JoSAA Counselling Form
- Click on the Declaration and then click on the “Submit”
- Verify all the details entered are correct and click on the “Confirm Registration” button.
Step 2: Online Choice Filling and Locking
Candidates as per their choice they need to lock their college and course preferences. On the basis of the seat availability and the choices filled by the candidates, the seat will be allotted. Steps to fill the choice and locking are:
- On the online form, select choice of colleges and courses/programmes
- Candidates can opt for edit/change/delete choices
- After verifying, lock the choices before the last date
- Candidates can lock their choices after each round of JEE Main 2020 Counselling.
3. JEE Main Seat Allotment
On the basis of the ranks secured by the candidates, seat availability and choice preference, the seat will be allotted to the candidates. There will be two mock rounds for seat allotment. Before allocating the seats, authority confirms the details such as
- Category of the candidates (Gen., EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, etc.)
- Seat availability under different seat categories/seat quotas
- All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main 2021 rank list(s)
- The priority of choices by the candidates in respective institutions and subjects.
- Other details that will be verified are age, qualifying examination percentage, identification, state of eligibility, category and disability (if any) of the candidate.
4. JEE Main Counselling Fee Payment 2021
In order to confirm their seats, candidates have to nake the payment regarding the JEE Main seat allotment. The payment can be done through Net Banking/e-Challan. At the reporting centre, all the documents will be verified. After the verification of the documents and fee payment, a provisional admission letter will be issued to the participating candidates.
|SC/ ST/ ST-PwD/ SC-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD/ GEN-PwD||20,000|
If at any point within the given time, candidates are not satisfied with the allotted seat then they can use float, freeze, slide and withdraw option:
- Float: Candidates who wish to keep the allotted seat or upgrade their seats, can choose this option.
- Freeze: Candidates are satisfied with their allocated seats and do not want to participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Slide: Candidates who want to accept the allotted seat and upgrade the programme in the same institute/college
- Withdraw: Candidates who have already accepted the seat, but want to withdraw the seat can choose this option by reporting at the allotted institute before the final round of JEE Main 2021 seat allotment takes place. After the withdrawal option candidates will not be considered for further rounds of counselling. Seat acceptance will be refunded to the candidates after the deduction of Rs. 1000 as a processing charge. For the withdraw of seats, the candidates have to provide their bank account details and upload the image of canceled cheque in JPEG/ JPG format. They also need to provide their parents signature in their withdrawal request and report to the reporting centre. In this way, other candidates will get the chance.
JEE Main Eligibility for Admission to Participating Institutes
NTA is strict with the eligibility criteria of the JEE Main. Thus eligibility and other details will be checked at the reporting Centre. Check the eligibility criteria for the admission for various courses as given below:
- JEE Main eligibility for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, SFIs: Admission to the courses like BTech/B.Arch/B. Planning in the NITs, IIITs, and GFT Is based on All India Rank (AIR) with at least 75% marks (65 in 12th class examination or should be in the top 20 percentile in 12th class.
- JEE Main eligibility criteria for BArch and BPlan admission: Students must have clear the 10+2 with 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry and 50% in aggregate of the qualifying exam. Whereas for B Planning candidates should secure 50% in class XII or qualifying exam with 50% in Mathematics.
- JEE Main eligibility for other institutions: The above criteria will also be applicable to other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA/CSAB. In case a State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to State Universities, the State may prepare a separate rank list based on criteria decided by them.