“Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” -Richard Branson
Subscribe For Latest Updates
At this point in time where most of you are really disappointed with your performance in one of the most pioneering JEE Main 2019, we’re here to tell you that you still have the chance to prevail in the examination. The April 2019 session is yet to take place and you can work towards retrieving your score for the exam.
Also, just a little reminder to download the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card on 20th March 2019.
The JEE Main 2019 January session is over on the 12th January 2019 where 11,09,250 candidates registered for the examination. This was the first time that the JEE Main exam was conducted in fully online mode except for the drawing section of paper 2.
With NTA ushering the JEE Main 2019, candidates were already anxious about the type of questions, marking scheme, calculation of score and the weightage of each subject in the question paper. As the examination was conducted with new rules under the NTA and students were used to the CBSE exam pattern of JEE Main. Also, since the Joint Entrance Examination is being conducted twice in a year, with the first exam in January, there was pressure on some candidates to prepare for class 12th Board exams as well as the JEE exam.
In such a situation, a major number of students did not plan their preparation well and as a result, their exam did not go as expected. While most students were new to the concept of computer-based tests, others were not able to plan their preparation in such a short span of time.
Well, well, there’s nothing to worry about! NTA had taken the decision to conduct the JEE Main in January so that all those students who are not satisfied with their scores in the first exam can make use of the second opportunity and improve their scores. So, if you are feeling like the doom’s day is already here, and there is no hope for you, then we’re sorry friend, you’re wrong. Using the second chance, you will be able to change your previous score and obtain a better rank with more preparation. This way you can at least say that you tried again!
The final JEE Main 2019 merit and rank will be decided considering the best scores out of both the attempts. So without any hassle and any sort of tension, you can go ahead and prepare for your April JEE Main 2019 as you have 3 months left and you can prepare efficiently for the exam.
Did you use these Preparation tips?
Before you go, make sure you are following these prep tips for better scores.
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the JEE question paper are covered.
- Correct Time Management – There will be 30 questions from each section and You must give equal attention to all the subjects while preparing a timetable. You must spend quality time in preparation of each subject. Take a short break of 5-10 minutes after every hour to let your mind rest. You must make sure to indulge in other activities related to recreation during the break. Never discuss anything about your exam or syllabus during the break.
- Right Study Material – You should first know the correct syllabus to gather the correct study material. When searching for JEE Main study material, you will get a huge number of suggestions of books and other reference material. But you should ensure that you utilize your time finding the correct study material and don’t waste time going through the wrong ones.
- Previous Years Question Papers – To prepare for any examination one must have a look at the previous year’s question papers. JEE Main question papers of previous years will help you prepare well for your exam. It will help you manage your time and check your level of preparation.
- Take Mock Tests – JEE Main is not hard but a bit tricky. To perform well in JEE Main 2019, candidates must make sure that they practice the computer-based test at least once before the real examination. Once you are sure that you have covered complete syllabus, take JEE Main mock tests. By taking mock tests regularly, you will get a better understanding of topics. Also, it will also help you improve your speed and problem-solving skills. You will be able to develop the skill to attempt the maximum number of questions with the highest accuracy.
- Stay healthy – The most vital step that candidates usually forget during the entire preparation is to maintain their health. You should avoid eating and sleeping at ungodly hours so that when you are actually taking the JEE Main 2019, you are perfectly healthy and take the examination without any panic.