JCECEB stands for Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. JCECEB conducts the Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE) in the state of Jharkhand. The entrance examination is conducted for the selection of candidates into various Engineering and Non-Engineering polytechnic courses, offered at institutes across the state of Jharkhand.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. They will be ranked as per their scores in the entrance test which will enable them to get an admission at various colleges. Better ranks will ensure that they get admission in the most sought after courses and the reputed institutes.
- 1 Important Dates for JCECEB PECE 2018
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for JCECEB PECE 2018
- 3 Application Procedure for JCECEB PECE 2018
- 4 Exam Pattern and Syllabus for JCECEB PECE 2018
- 5 Examination centres
- 6 Admit Card for JCECEB PECE
- 7 Results of JCECEB PECE 2018
- 8 Counselling procedure for JCECEB PECE 2018
Important Dates for JCECEB PECE 2018
The official dates for PECE 2018 have not been announced yet. However, you can refer to the following dates to get an idea of the various events related to the examination and the time around which they take place.
|Beginning of Online Application process||3rd Week of March 2018|
|Last date of Online application process||3rd Week of April 2018|
|Date of Issue of Admit Cards||A week prior to the exam|
|Date of the entrance examination||Last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Results||2nd Week of May 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for JCECEB PECE 2018
All the aspirants desiring to get an admission in polytechnic courses offered by institutes in the state of Jharkhand must appear for the PECE 2018. However, before proceeding to apply, it must be ensured that the eligibility conditions are being met by them. The minimum eligibility conditions to appear in the exam are discussed below:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
- State Eligibility: They must be a permanent local resident of the state of Jharkhand.
- Resident Certificate: The Local Residential Certificate & Caste Certificate that is issued by the authority assigned by Govt. of Jharkhand must be produced by the candidate.
- Aadhar Card: Aadhar Card is now mandatory to apply for the entrance examination.
- Educational Qualification
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have passed the high school (Class 10th examination) or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: The qualifying examination must have been passed with a minimum score of 35%.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in the year 2018 may also apply. However, on the declaration of results, they must have passed with the minimum eligible percentage and the results must be declared before the dates of counselling.
- Age Limit
There is no lower & upper age limit to apply for the Jharkhand Polytechnic 2018. However, candidates applying for the diploma programme in mining engineering should be of a minimum age of 17 years old as on or before 1st July of the examination year.
Application Procedure for JCECEB PECE 2018
All the candidates anticipating their appearance in the PECE entrance examination conducted by JCECEB must, first of all, fill the online PECE application form. However, before proceeding they must ensure that they meet the minimum eligibility conditions laid down by the authority.
The following documents/details must be kept ready before filling the online application form:
- Payment details.
- Valid Email ID and Contact Number.
- Candidate’s personal, educational and address details.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The image size of the scanned documents should not exceed than 50 KB.
The application form can be filled in the following steps:
Fill the application form
- visit the official website of JCECEB which is http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘Online Application for P.E.C.E. – 2018’
- Enter your personal details, Educational details, prefered examination centres, Communication details, Password etc.
- Click on ‘Final Submit’. Before clicking on it, make sure all the details you have entered are correct. If you have to make changes, click on ‘Edit’ button before submitting.
After submission of the application form, your Application Number will be generated. Keep a record of your Application form and the password you chose as they will be required in all subsequent logins.
Upload scanned Images
Upload scanned images of Photograph, Signature and thumb impression in the format and sizes given below:
|Photograph||JPG||4 kb – 100 kb|
|Signature||JPG||1 kb – 30 kb|
|Thumb Impression||JPG||1 kb – 30 kb|
Payment of the Application fees
After uploading the images successfully, candidates will have to proceed for payment. The application fee has to be paid online using netbanking/debit card/credit card. The category wise application fees are as follows:
|General/BC I/BC II||Rs. 650/-|
|SC/ST/All female candidates||Rs. 325/-|
Print the Confirmation Page
Log in to your account using your Application number and Password and print the confirmation page. Keep it safe for future reference.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for JCECEB PECE 2018
The entrance examination will be held on a sunday morning from 10 am to 12:30 pm. The score in the entrance examination will decide the fate of the candidates in the admission procedure.
The following points highlight the exam pattern of the PECE entrance examination:
- Duration: 2 and a half hours
- Total Marks: 150
- Total number of questions: 150
- Type of Questions: MCQs with four options of which one shall be the correct answer.
- Medium of test: Bilingual in Hindi and English.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted from the score for every wrong answer.
The table below describes the structure of the question paper. The distribution of marks for the subjects from which questions are asked is discussed in it.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
The standard of the questions asked in the question paper shall be of the high school level.
The centres across the state of Jharkhand in which the examination will be conducted are listed below. Check for your nearest options for examination venue.
Admit Card for JCECEB PECE
The Admit card for the JCECEB entrance examination will be available for download from the official website of JCECEB. The admit cards will be made available four days prior to the date of examination.
To download the admit card, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of JCECEB which is jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in
- Click on the link to download admit card that shall be available on the homepage.
- Enter your Application Number and password in the provided space.
- Click on submit and view your admit card.
- Download and take a printout of the admit card. Retain it for future reference.
In case of any mistake in the admit card regarding photograph, name or other information, contact the examination authority immediately for correction. Also, contact them if you are unable to download your admit card.
The admit card shall carry the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Scanned Photograph
- Date of Birth
- Name of the examination
- Date of the examination
- Examination centre
- Reservation category
- Roll Number
Results of JCECEB PECE 2018
The JCECEB PECE 2018 results will be declared online on the official website two to three weeks from the date of the entrance examination. After the result declaration, all the successful candidates will have to register for the counselling process. The counselling procedure will be conducted offline.
To view the results, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of JCECEB which is jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘Results’ on the menu bar.
- Select the examination as PECE 2018 from the drop down menu.
- Enter your Roll Number or Application number in the space provided.
- Click on ‘Search’ button to check your result.
The scores of the candidates in the entrance examination will be considered for preparation of merit lists. Candidates scoring higher will be given an upper rank. In case of a tie i.e two or more candidates scoring the same marks, the following criteria, in the order of preference given below, will be exercised to break the tie.
- Marks scored in the Mathematics section of the entrance exam.
- If the tie persists, marks scored in Physics will be considered. The candidate with Higher marks in physics will be assigned a higher rank.
- If the candidates have scored the same marks in both mathematics and physics, then the one older in age will be given a higher rank.
- If the ages of the candidates are also similar, then the one whose names comes first in Alphabetical order will be assigned a higher rank.
Counselling procedure for JCECEB PECE 2018
After the declaration of results, the counselling procedure is conducted for the allotment of seats to the deserving candidates according to their merit. The counselling procedure is conducted offline. Merit lists will be prepared as per the scores of the candidates in the entrance examination and the candidates will have to visit the venue of counselling according to their ranks in the merit list.
- Counselling Fee: Candidates will have to pay a counselling fee of Rs. 400/-. SC/ST/All female candidates will have to pay Rs. 250/-. The counselling fee has to be submitted through bank Challan/P.O. Challan/Indian Postal Order.
- Second Round of Counselling: The second round of counselling will be conducted for filling the seats that remain vacant after the first round of counselling. Candidates who did not get a seat in the first round can participate in this round. If candidates wish to switch their seat to a better option, even if they have taken admission in the first round, they can do so in this round subjected to the availability of the seats.
The following documents will have to be produced by the candidates during the time of counselling:
- 10th or equivalent examination Admit Card, Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2017 admit card
- Residence Certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- Pwd Certificate
- Passport size photographs.
- Income certificate of parents issued by competent authority.
Please write to us in the comments section below regarding your doubts and queries.