Polytechnic Entrance Competititve Examination (PECE) is an entrance examination in the state of Jharkhand. It is conducted by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB). Selection of candidates into various Engineering and Non-Engineering polytechnic courses offered at institutes across the state of Jharkhand is done through it.
The admission to the polytechnic courses is done strictly on the basis of the scores of the candidates in the entrance examination. A higher score will secure a better rank which in turn will enable the candidate to get a seat in the course of their choice at the best institutes. The counselling procedure is done to ensure that the seats have been allotted systematically to all the deserving candidates and on the basis of the ranks without loopholes.
Important Dates for JCECEB PECE Counselling
The counselling will be held around the time mentioned below. The official dates will be uploaded as soon as they are announced.
|1||JEECE 2018 Examination||Second week of May 2018|
|2||Announcement of JEECE 2018 Result||Fourth week of May 2018|
|3||JEECE 2018 Counselling – Round 1||First to Second week of June 2018|
|4||JEECE 2018 Counselling – Round 2||Third to Fourth week of June 2018|
The scores of the candidates in the entrance examination will be considered for preparation of merit lists. Candidates scoring higher will be given an upper rank. In case of a tie i.e two or more candidates scoring the same marks, the following criteria, in the order of preference given below, will be exercised to break the tie.
- Marks scored in the Mathematics section of the entrance exam.
- If the tie persists, marks scored in Physics will be considered. The candidate with Higher marks in physics will be assigned a higher rank.
- If the candidates have scored the same marks in both mathematics and physics, then the one older in age will be given a higher rank.
- If the ages of the candidates are also similar, then the one whose names comes first in Alphabetical order will be assigned a higher rank.
Tentative Counselling Schedule
The counselling will happen in order of the ranks of the candidates in the merit list. The tentative counselling dates for JCECEB PECE 2018 is given below:
|CML Rank Range||Counselling Date & Time|
|1||700||3rd week of May 2018|
|701||1,500||3rd week of May 2018|
|1,501||2,500||3rd week of May 2018|
|2,501||4,000||4th week of May 2018|
|4,001||6,000||4th week of May 2018|
|6,001||10,000||4th week of May 2018|
Venue for Counselling
All the candidates will have to visit the venue of counselling as per the schedule published by JCECEB on the basis of ranks of the candidates. Counselling will be conducted at the following venue:
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board,
Science & Technology Campus,
Sirkha Toli, Namkum-Tupudana Road,
Namkum, Ranchi, Jharkhand
To participate in the counselling round, candidates will have to pay a counselling fee. The counselling fee has to be submitted through bank Challan/P.O. Challan/Indian Postal Order.
The category wise counselling fee for are as follows:
|General/BC I/BC II||Rs.400/-|
Seat Allotment and Reporting at the Allotted Institute
Candidates who have been allotted a seat will have to pay a Fee of Rs.1000/- through a Demand Draft drawn in the favor of “Controller of Examination, JCECEB” payable at Ranchi. They shall then have to collect their provisional seat allotment letter and report at the allotted institute within the stipulated time.
Second Round of Counselling
The second round of counselling will be conducted for filling the seats that remain vacant after the first round of counselling. Candidates who did not get a seat in the first round can participate in this round. If candidates wish to switch their seat to a better option, even if they have taken admission in the first round, they can do so in this round subjected to the availability of the seats.
Documents to be verified during counselling
The following documents will have to be produced by the candidates during the time of counselling:
- Aadhaar Card
- 10th and 12th Standard Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Income Certificate issued by Sub Divisional Officer (S.D.O) (Civil)/ D.C. of Jharkhand State for candidates claiming seat under TFQ quota.
- Caste Certificate and Local Resident Certificate issued by S.D.O Civil/D.C. of Jharkhand State.
- One passport size photograph
- Dependency certificate issued by competent Army Officer (for serving Army Personnel/Officer) or Dependency certificate issued by District Soldier Board (for Ex-servicemen), who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota
- Discharge Certificate (if applicable) I Pension Book, who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or queries.