IGNOU OPENNET Result 2021: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is releasing the result. Candidates who clear the IGNOU OPENNET Exam are eligible for admission to Post Basic BSc Nursing programs. In addition, the result is declared in online mode. Thus, students have to visit the IGNOU official website to check the results. However, the candidates have to enter the enrolment number to check the result. A merit list is also released after the release of IGNOU OPENNET Result 2021. For more details about the steps to check results, merit list, and counselling, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IGNOU OPENNET Result 2021
IGNOU OPENNET 2021 Merit List is prepared for ranking students in order of merit. Candidates are ranked as per their score in the examination. Moreover, only the merit students can participate in the rounds of counselling. The candidates must take out a copy of the scorecard as well for future references. Furthermore, check out the admission activities schedule below for reference.
|Availability of Online Registration Form||– August 2021 –|
|Last date for submission of the Application form||– September 2021 –|
|Date for OPENNET 2021 entrance exam||– October 2021 –|
|OPENNET Result Declaration||– November 2021 –|
|Commencement of OPENNET Counselling||– December 2021/ January 2024 –|
Check – IGNOU Certificate Courses 2021
How To Check IGNOU OPENNET 2021 Result?
To check the IGNOU 2021 Exam Result, the candidate has to visit the official website. Note that the authorities do not send the result through post or courier. Some of the candidates face difficulty in checking the result. Thus, the step by step procedure to check the result is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the university, i.e www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the Results tab
- Then click on the link to the “OPPENET Entrance Exam Result”
- In addition, candidates further need to log in by entering the enrolment number and click on the submit button.
- Further, the result is displayed on the screen.
Therefore, following these steps you can check your result. Do not forget to download it and take a printout of it. The authorities may ask you to provide it during admission processes. Moreover, in case of any discrepancies, do contact the university officials. As in further admission rounds, if the details on the scorecard and documents do not match, then officials may reject your application.
IGNOU OPENNET 2021 Scorecard
The scorecard indicates the subject-wise marks of the students. In addition, the scorecard shall be available for download on the official website. Moreover, all the details about the candidate and the exam are present in it. Candidates should check each detail carefully and in case of an error should contact the authorities. The students should have a printout of the scorecard as well. It is required during counselling and further admission processes. Furthermore, the details you can find on your scorecard are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Exam Roll Number
- Total Percentile
- Rank of the Candidate
- Counselling Details
These details can help you in cross-checking whether it is your result or not. The fact that the application number is unique, thus it helps in avoiding any sort of confusion that can be caused in the case of students with the same name.
Indira Gandhi National Open University OPENNET Merit List 2021
The IGNOU OPENNET Merit List is released soon after the result declaration. Candidates have to visit the official website to download it. The merit list is not sent through post or via mail. Moreover, this list is prepared as per the cut-off marks to indicate the names of the selected candidates. Candidates further are ranked in order of merit in this list. The students whose names are not present in this list are ineligible for admission.
Further, the students are called for counselling in accordance with the rank list only. This list is released in PDF format. Thus, the students face no difficulty while downloading the merit list. The authorities prepare this rank list for segregating candidates on the basis of merit. This helps them in carrying out admission processes with ease.
IGNOU OPENNET Tie-Breaking Criteria
The tie-breaking criteria are defined by the exam conducting body. It is required for avoiding confusion that can be caused in case of a tie in marks or rank. To ensure that the seat is allotted to the right candidate, tie-breaking criteria are taken into consideration. Furthermore, IGNOU OPENNET Tie-Breaking Criteria is as follows:
- If there is a tie in marks or rank, then the length of candidates’ experience can be counted after registration till the last date of receipt of application.
- Further, if the tie continues, then candidates aggregate GNM marks in 3 years are considered for the calculation of rank or merit.
- In addition, if the tie still continues, then the student’s date of birth is considered. The candidate who was born earlier is given a higher rank.
OPENNET Exam Cut Off 2021
The cutoff list is released after the result declaration. In addition, the merit list is prepared in accordance with the cutoff marks. Moreover, the cutoff marks are basically the minimum marks, which a candidate must score in order to make it to the merit list. On the basis of the cutoff marks, you can consider whether you have cleared the entrance exam or not. Furthermore, the cutoff list is prepared by considering certain factors. The factors which are taken into consideration are further as follows:
- Total number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- The difficulty level of paper
- No. of candidates who passed the exam, and
- Previous Years CutOff Marks
- Average scores obtained by the student in the entrance exam
- Further, as per the reservation policy of the university.
IGNOU OPENNET Counselling 2021
IGNOU Entrance Exam Counselling is the last and final round of admission. The round of counselling begins soon after the release of the merit list. Moreover, for counselling, the candidates have to report at the respective regional IGNOU Regional Centre as per the merit list. Only the merit students are eligible for admission. In addition, this round of counselling is conducted for carrying out the process of seat allotment and document verification. Candidates have to appear for counselling in person.
Furthermore, the seats are allotted to students on the basis of this round only. The candidate’s rank and seat availability factors are considered during the seat allotment process. In addition, the allotted institute cannot be changed under any circumstances. The details about the allotted college and reporting time is provided to students on the day of counselling only.
Further, the list of documents candidates should carry is given below. Candidates should further carry both the originals and photocopies of documents.
- IGNOU OPENNET Admit Card 2021 – Original
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 10th Class Pass Certificate
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate
- GNM All Year Marksheets
- Experience Certificate issued by a competent authority. In addition, the candidate’s full name, date, and signature with a stamp should be there on the certificate. Note that the experience is counted after RNRM Registration till the last date of receipt of the application form.
- NOC Certificate
- Category Certificate (If Applicable to indicate the reservation status for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ War Widow/ Kashmiri Migrants)
- In addition, candidates belonging to the category of Non-Creamy layer of OBC have to provide an Income Certificate.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs – 3
Furthermore, the candidates will also have to submit a demand draft of Rs. 15,000/- in favor of IGNOU payable at the concerned regional centre.