IGNOU OPENNET Result 2020: The Indira Gandhi National Open University is responsible for releasing the result. Candidates who clear the IGNOU OPENNET Exam will be eligible for admission to Post Basic BSc Nursing programs. In addition, the result will be declared in online mode. Thus, students will have to visit the official website to check the results. However, the candidates will have to enter the enrolment number to check the result. A merit list will also be released after the release of IGNOU OPENNET Result 2020. For more details about the steps to check results, merit list, and counselling, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IGNOU OPENNET Result 2020
IGNOU OPENNET Merit List will be released soon after the entrance exam. The authorities may not send any notifications regarding the release of results. Thus, the students should visit the official website (www.ignou.ac.in) frequently for updates. The updates regarding the admission processes will be available here as well. Moreover, the students should be aware of the admission activities schedule as well. The tentative schedule is thus given below.
|Availability of Online Registration Form||August 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application form||September 2020|
|Date for OPENNET 2020 entrance exam||October 2020|
|OPENNET Result Declaration||November 2020|
|Commencement of OPENNET Counselling||December 2020/ January 2020|
Check – IGNOU Certificate Courses 2020
How To Check IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Result?
To check the IGNOU 2020 Exam Result, the candidate will have to visit the official website. Note that the authorities will not send the result through post or courier. Some of the candidates face difficulty in checking the result. Thus, the step by step procedure to check the result is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the university, i.e www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the Results tab
- Then click on the link to the “OPPENET Entrance Exam Result”
- In addition, candidates further need to login by entering the enrolment number and click on the submit button.
- Further, the result will be displayed on the screen.
Therefore, following these steps you can check your result. Do not forget to download it and take a printout of it. The authorities may ask you to provide it during admission processes. Moreover, in case of any discrepancies, do contact the university officials. As in further admission rounds, if the details on the scorecard and documents will not match, then officials may reject your application.
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard will indicate the subject-wise marks of the students. In addition, the scorecard will be available for download on the official website. Moreover, all the details about the candidate and the exam will be present in it. Candidates should check each detail carefully and in case of an error should contact the authorities. The students should have a printout of the scorecard as well. It will be required during counselling and further admission processes. Furthermore, the details you will be able to locate on your scorecard are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Exam Roll Number
- Total Percentile
- Rank of the Candidate
- Counselling Details
Thus, these are the details that will be present on the scorecard. It will help you in cross-checking whether it is your result or not. The fact that the application number is unique, thus it will help in avoiding any sort of confusion that can be caused in the case of students with the same name.
Indira Gandhi National Open University OPENNET Merit List 2020
The IGNOU OPENNET Merit List will be released soon after the result declaration. It will be released in online mode only. Thus, the candidates will have to visit the official website to download it. The merit list will not be sent through post or via mail. Moreover, this list is prepared as per the cut-off marks to indicate the names of the selected candidates. Candidates will further be ranked in order of merit in this list. The students whose names are not present in this list will be ineligible for admission.
Further, the students will be called for counselling in accordance with the rank list only. This list will be released in PDF format. Thus, the students will face no difficulty while downloading the merit list. The authorities prepare this rank list for segregating candidates on the basis of merit. This helps them in carrying out admission processes with ease.
IGNOU OPENNET Tie-Breaking Criteria
The tie-breaking criteria is defined by the exam conducting body. It is required for avoiding confusion that can be caused in case of a tie in marks or rank. To ensure that the seat is allotted to the right candidate, tie-breaking criteria is taken into consideration. Furthermore, IGNOU OPENNET Tie-Breaking Criteria is as follows:
- If there is a tie in marks or rank, then the length of candidates’ experience will be counted after registration till the last date of receipt of application.
- Further, if the tie continues, then candidates aggregate GNM marks in 3 years will be considered for the calculation of rank or merit.
- In addition, if the tie still continues, then the student’s date of birth will be considered. The candidate who was born earlier will be given a higher rank.
OPENNET Exam Cut Off 2020
The cutoff list will be released after the result declaration. In addition, the merit list is prepared in accordance with the cutoff marks. Moreover, the cutoff marks are basically the minimum marks, which a candidate must score in order to make it to the merit list. On the basis of the cutoff marks you can consider whether you have cleared the entrance exam or not. Furthermore, the cutoff list is prepared by considering certain factors. The factors which are taken into consideration are further as follows:
- Total number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- The difficulty level of paper
- No. of candidates who passed the exam, and
- Previous Years CutOff Marks
- Average scores obtained by the student in the entrance exam
- Further, as per the reservation policy of the university.
IGNOU OPENNET Counselling 2020
IGNOU Entrance Exam Counselling is the last and final round of admission. The round of counselling will begin soon after the release of the merit list. Moreover, for counselling, the candidates have to report at the respective regional IGNOU Regional Centre as per the merit list. Only the merit students will be eligible for admission. In addition, this round of counselling is conducted for carrying out the process of seat allotment and document verification. Candidates will have to appear for counselling in person. The students failing to do so will lose out their seats to other deserving candidates.
Furthermore, the seats will be allotted to students on the basis of this round only. The candidate’s rank and seat availability factors will be considered during the seat allotment process. In addition, the allotted institute cannot be changed under any circumstances. The details about the allotted college and reporting time will be provided to students on the day of counselling only.
Further, the list of documents candidates should carry is given below. Candidates should further carry both the originals and photocopies of documents.
- IGNOU OPENNET Admit Card 2020 – Original
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 10th Class Pass Certificate
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate
- GNM All Year Marksheets
- Experience Certificate issued by a competent authority. In addition, the candidate’s full name, date, and signature with stamp should be there on the certificate. Note that the experience will be counted after RNRM Registration till the last date of receipt of the application form.
- NOC Certificate
- Category Certificate (If Applicable to indicate the reservation status for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ War Widow/ Kashmiri Migrants)
- In addition, candidates belonging to the category of Non-Creamy layer of OBC have to provide Income Certificate.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs – 3
Furthermore, the candidates will also have to submit a demand draft of Rs. 15,000/- in favor of IGNOU payable at the concerned regional centre.