GPAT Syllabus 2020: It is expected for the applicant to prepare for GPAT as per the prescribed syllabus. The candidates must make sure that they are clear with the syllabus. They must clear their each and every doubt related to the syllabus of GPAT. Preparing as per the syllabus will help the candidates to score well. The candidates are advised to make a proper schedule in order to prepare. The students will be able to check the syllabus of Pharmacy. The full details related to GPAT Syllabus have been provided in the article below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
GPAT Exam Pattern 2020
Before the candidates start with their preparation, they must carefully go through the exam pattern. The exam pattern is mentioned below in a tabular format:
|No. of Questions||125|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark for Each Correct Answer|
GPAT Syllabus 2020
The preparation for GPAT will turn fruitful only after the candidate he/she prepares properly. It can be done properly if the candidate prepares as per the prescribed syllabus. Go through the syllabus mentioned below:
- Physical Pharmacy.
- Microbiology In Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics.
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy.
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing.
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation.
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Medicinal Chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases.
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology.
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy.
- Sources of Drugs.
- Volatile Oils.
- Glycoside Containing Drugs.
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs.
- Studies of Traditional Drugs.
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies.
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis.
- The role of plant-based drugs in the National economy.
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy.
- Marine pharmacognosy.
From Which Books Should One Prepare for GPAT 2020?
The candidates who are preparing for GPAT 2020 should prepare from the prescribed books. The recommended books are listed below in a tabular format:
|Name of Subject||Name of the Books||Authors|
|Pharmaceutics||The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy||Liebermann and Lachman, Lackman, Remington, IP, Martin, NK Jain (for NDDS), GK Jani (For calculation)|
|Unit Operation||Pharmaceutical engineering||Subramanyam|
|Pharmacology||Review of Pharmacology||Lippincott William|
|Pharm-Analysis||Spectroscopy and Titration|
|Pharmacognosy||Trease and Evans||William.C.Evans|
|Medicinal Chemistry||Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Harkishan Singh|
|Organic chemistry||Organic Chemistry||Morrison & Boyd|
|Natural Products Chemistry||Natural Products||O. P. Agrawal|
|Physical Chemistry||Physical Chemistry||Shishir Mittal|
|Biochemistry||Lippincott Wiliam||Review of Biochemistry|
|Pharmacology||Pharma chemistry||Jerry March, I.L.Finar, Wilson|
|Analysis||Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds||Silverstein|
|Jurisprudence||Pharmaceutics||N. K. Jain|
Preparation Tips for GPAT 2020
While the candidate is preparing for GPAT 2020, he/she must follow certain preparation tips mentioned below:
- While studying, the candidate shall make sure that he/she clears each and every doubt of him/her regarding each chapter.
- Quickly jot down all your weak and strong points. By doing the same, the candidates will be able to know that what topics they should study in what amount.
- Do practice again and again by solving the Sample Papers as much as you can. By doing the same, you will be able to learn about the pattern, syllabus etc related to GPAT 2020.
- Make sure that you are fit and healthy while preparing for GPAT 2020. In order to do the same, the candidate must eat healthy and exercise as much as he/she can.
- If you have any problem while preparing for GPAT 2020, just make sure that you join any coaching classes that teach for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test.