Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET/ Goa CET) is organized and conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Authority of Goa. This article provides information about the cut-off and seat reservations for the GCET 2020 exam. Candidates must know seat reservation eligibility criteria before mentioning category in the application form of GCET 2020.
Check Eligibility For GCET Exam
GCET 2020 Cut Off
- Few days after the announcement of Result, DTE, Goa (Directorate of Technical Education) will determine the minimum scores that the candidates need to obtain and will release an online definite cut – off mark for admission to various undergraduate courses at the universities and colleges in Goa.
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website on a regular basis in order to keep themselves updated.
- DTE determines the GCET 2020 cut-off depending on various factors like candidate’s performance, seat capacity for the respective courses and the college, total number of test-takers, difficulty level of the paper, and reservation policy.
- Applicants failing to meet GCET cut off 2020 will not be considered eligible for admissions to undergraduate programmes at the universities and colleges in Goa.
- On the basis of the GCET 2020 cut-off, Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa prepares the GCET merit list for the examinees.
- Seats are allocated to candidates as per their ranks in GCET 2020 merit list.
GCET 2020 Seat Reservation
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa reserves a definite number of seats for the candidates belonging to special categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Disabled, etc. Candidates have to mention their category while filling the application form of GCET 2020. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of GCET reservation of seats 2020. The seat matrix of GCET 2020 will be uploaded here as soon as it gets released by DTE.
Meanwhile, Candidates can check the reserved seats for each category of GCET 2020 by having a look at the table below:-
GCET 2020 reservation table for seats under Government Quota
|S. No.||Categories||Percentage of Reservation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||2%|
|2.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|3.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|4.||Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|5.||Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|6.||Central & State Personnel||3%|
|7.||Ex- Defence Service Personnel||1%|
|8.||GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|9.||NRI||Up to 5%|
|10.||Kashmiri Migrant||On supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
Eligibility Criteria for Different Caste
SC Category (2%): There are 5 castes mentioned below which will be considered under the list of Scheduled Castes in the State of Goa. Candidates belonging to the below-mentioned castes will have to provide the caste certificate from Competent Authority with the view to avail of all the benefits in Goa CET reservation criteria.
ST Category (12%): There are eight castes mentioned below. If there are candidates belonging to any of these castes, they will be considered for the reservation benefits under Scheduled Caste in the State of Goa. Candidates belonging to this category, have to provide the caste certificate from Competent Authority for availing all the benefits in Goa CET 2020 reservation criteria.
OBC Category (27%): Candidates coming from the 20 backgrounds (as mentioned below), will be considered in the list of OBC (Other Backward Class) in the State of Goa and can avail the benefits of reservation criteria under OBC-Non Creamy Layer.
Applicants belonging to this category will have to provide the caste certificate from the Competent Authority for availing all the benefits.
|S. No.||Caste||S. No.||Caste|
|1||Bhandari Naik||11||Kumbhar (I/c Christian Kumbhar)|
|2||Christian Barber||12||Mahalo, Nabhik, Nai, Napit, Nhavi|
|4||Vishwakarma /Cbari/ Mesta||14||Pagui Gabit|
|6||Dhobi, Rajak, Madval (I/c Christian Dhobi)||16||Shimpi|
|9||Kharvi (I/c Christian Kharvi)||19||Christian Renders|
|10||Kalaikad Black SmitWT in Smith||20||Komarpant|
GCET 2020 Participating Institutes
Below is the list of the institutes that are participating in GCET 2020.
|S. No.||Participating Institutes|
|1.||Goa Engineering College, Farmagudi|
|2.||Padre Conceicao College of Engg, Verna|
|3.||Shree Rayeshwar Institute of E. & Info Tech., Shiroda|
|4.||Don Bosco College of Engineering, Fatorda|
|5||Agnel institute of Technology & Design|
In case you have any queries or doubts, then comment down below. We will assist you shortly.