CUSAT CAT 2022 will be held in 15th, 16th and 17th May 2022. Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT), Kochi conducts the annual Common Admission Test (CAT) for academic admissions. Candidates, who are interested in pursuing their undergraduate Engineering program from Cochin University of Science And Technology, must fill the CUSAT CAT Application Form within the time given. Check the eligibility requirement to fill the form. The exam will take place online for 3 hrs. Look into the syllabus pdf in order to prepare for the exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, read about CUSAT 2022, its important dates and schedule, registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, counselling and seat allotment, and other important information.
A Brief Overview of CUSAT CAT Exam 2022
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Acronym||CUSAT CAT 2022|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Purpose of Examination||Admissions to Undergraduate Programs|
|Registration Mode||Online through the official website|
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Dates
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) will be conducting CUSAT CAT 2022. Candidates are advised to be aware of the complete dates and schedule of CUSAT 2022 so as to not miss out on any important dates.
|Application Form begins||8th February 2022|
|Deadline for Application Submission||25th March 2022|
|Admit Card Release||1st to 14th May 2022|
|CUSAT CAT 2022||15th, 16th and 17th May 2022|
|CUSAT CAT Answer Key 2022||To be announced|
|Result of CUSAT CAT||To be announced|
|Counseling and Seat Allotment||To be announced|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) has laid down certain parameters to maintain a minimum standard among the student resource. Candidates must necessarily clear the CUSAT CAT eligibility criteria 2022 in order to be able to seek admission to the Cochin University. The authorities have developed the Eligibility Criteria keeping in mind certain factors such as age, nationality, minimum required educational qualification, the minimum required percentage of marks, and so on.
To clear the domicile requirement, candidates must the following qualities.
- Born in Kerala or his/ her father/ mother was born in Kerala.
- He/ She has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within a period of 12 Years.
- Undergone his/ her school studies from standards VIII to XII in educational institutions(s) in Kerala.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) Officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala circle are deemed to be “Keralites’. But they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special Reservations applicable to “Keralites”.
For B Tech Courses
- Pass in Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects securing a separate minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to the non-creamy layer category are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for the qualifying examination.
For B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- Pass in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examinations accepted as equivalent thereto with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60% marks and minimum 50% for Mathematics alone.
- Candidates should have passed English at 10th or 12th Standards with 50% marks (No relaxation to SC/ST and SEBC Candidates).
- Maximum age limit prescribed is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission. Physical and eye fitness certificate from a medical officer approved by the DG Shipping should be produced at the time of admission.
For B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ship Building
Pass in Plus Two (10+2) examination of the State of Kerala or the examination of any other University/ Board accepted by the University as equivalent thereto in First Class (60% marks) with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects of study and with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics as well as for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
For B.Tech in Polymer Science and Engineering
Pass in Plus Two examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
For B.Tech in Instrumentation Technology
Pass in the plus two (12th) examination of any state/ national board with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or any other examination accepted as equivalent by CUSAT with at least 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together and with at least 55% in Mathematics separately.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Form Submission
The Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) releases the CUSAT CAT Application 2022. The submission process involves 8 stages. Candidates, in order to submit the CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Form, had to first register from the official website. Registration was followed by entering personal details and reservation status. Candidates had to upload photos and signatures. Then, it is followed by the selection of the course and then previewing the form. Candidates, then, had to make the application fee payment and select the examination centre. Finally, take a print of the confirmation page.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Fee details are as below.
|Candidates who have opted Dubai as their Test Centre||Application Fee + INR 10,000.|
CUSAT CAT Admit Card 2022
Enrolled candidates will be asked to download a piece of the document known as the CUSAT CAT Admit Card 2022. Candidates will be able to download the CUSAT CAT 2022 hall ticket from the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology. CUSAT CAT Admit Card is a crucial document as it grants access inside the examination venue on the examination day to the candidates. Thus, if any candidates are showing up in the examination venue without the document itself, he/ she will be barred from appearing for the CUSAT exam. Furthermore, candidates are also required to make sure that the CUSAT Admit Card 2022 is discrepancy free.
Important Instructions for CUSAT CAT:
- It will be prudent to visit the venue once in advance so as to be able to reach the examination venue in time on the examination date.
- It is mandatory to take the admit cards along to enter the examination hall.
- Admit Cards are to be accompanied by an ID proof such as voter ID, Driving License, etc. Inability to produce both admit card and ID proof is liable to the refusal of the application and hence disqualification will be an inevitable consequence.
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2022
Before appearing in any sort of examination, candidates will be benefitting from the awareness of its exam pattern. CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2022 is also one such detail that the candidate should be aware of before the CUSAT 2022 Examination. Exam Pattern of CUSAT CAT includes examination mode, exam duration, answering mode, nature of questions, number of sections, section-wise distribution of question, total marks, marking scheme, and so on. The CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern is as follows.
- Examination Mode – The examination will be held in online mode, i.e. computer-based standardized test.
- Exam Duration – Candidates will have to attempt the CUSAT CAT in less than 180 minutes, i.e. 3 hours.
- Sections – There will be 2 papers, i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Subdivisions – For paper 1, candidates will have to attempt questions from Mathematics. And for Paper 2, candidates will have attempt questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- Number of Questions – In total, there will be 250 questions.
- Distribution of Questions – 125 questions from the Mathematics section, 75 questions from Physics, and 50 questions from Chemistry.
- Marking Scheme – For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks.
- Negative Marking – 1 Mark for every wrong answer.
- Total Marks – Candidates can score a total of 750 marks; 375 for each paper.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Syllabus
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) does not officially follow any particular set of CUSAT CAT 2022 Syllabus. However, it can be logically inferred that students aspiring for the CUSAT CAT Examination will have to prepare from the 11th and 12th class standard concepts and applications. Recommended books will definitely include NCERT books. Candidates can brush up their basics from the class 9th and up. This will help candidates build a strong foundation with the core concepts that will be part of the CUSAT 2022 .
CUSAT CAT 2022 Answer Key
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) will be releasing the provisional and official CUSAT CAT Answer Key 2022 on their official website. Moreover, check the answer Key soon after the conclusion of CUSAT 2022. Furthermore, candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website of the Cochin University exam portal. The provisional answer key will include all the correct answers to the questions that will be asked in the Examination. Moreover, candidates will be able to calculate their probable marks from the answer key. Furthermore, there will be the provision of challenging the provisional Answer Key as well.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Result
After the release of the Final Answer Key, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) will release the CUSAT CAT Result 2022. All the candidates, who have been appeared in the exam, can check their scorecard from the official website of the Cochin University exam portal. To view the results, candidates will have to go to the official website of Cochin University and login to the registered account by entering the registration number/ application number and date of birth. Cochin University has been also been released a Rank List of the candidates which has been the basis for the CUSAT 2022 Counselling.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Cut off
The Cut off of CUSAT 2022 will be published along with the declaration of CUSAT CAT Result. Candidates will have to score a minimum required standard in order to clear the CUSAT CAT Cut off 2022. Cut-offs vary every year and are formulated based on several factors such as the number of applicants, the number of seats available, the difficulty of examination, and so on. Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) will be in charge of the preparation and publishing of the CUSAT CAT Cut off.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Seat Allotment Through Counselling
CUSAT CAT Counselling is offered to the students who will successfully clear the Eligibility Criteria and Exam. For CUSAT Counselling 2022 candidates are required to register and apply for the colleges of preference in order of choice. CUSAT Seat allotment is done on the basis of the candidate’s choice and availability of seats. Students will have to check the website for counselling dates as no individual will be sent the letter personally. Download and bring them along with other necessary documents on the said date in the letter.