GCET Counselling 2020: GCET is the state level engineering exam which is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. The candidates who clear the GCET Exam and holds a rank in it are called for GCET Counselling procedure. In order to participate in the counselling procedure, the selected candidates have to fill the application form. There are various courses for which the application form is distributed. However, for engineering courses, candidates have to fill the “Form A”. The mode of filling and submitting the application form is an offline mode. After the result, DTE Goa releases the merit list for each course separately. After the submission of the application form, the candidates will receive an acknowledgement card as proof of submission of application form-A. Read the article to know more.
Check Eligibility For GCET Exam
GCET Counselling Schedule 2020
Candidates must be aware of the dates regarding the GCET Counselling procedure 2020. The official schedule has been postponed due to COVID-19.
|Starting of Counselling (submission of the application form A)||—|
|Last date for receiving forms for Admission (FORM A/B/C) at the notified location||—|
|Display of Eligibility List for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||—|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||—|
|Display of Final Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||—|
|First Round of Admission to ENGG., PHARM courses||—|
|Final submission date of NATA Result||—|
|Release of NATA Eligibility List at the Admission Centre||—|
|Final Date for acceptance with deficiencies in NATA Eligibility list||—|
|Release of Provisional Merit List of NATA based scores||—|
|Publishing of Final Merit List of NATA based scores||—|
|Second Round of Admission to ENGG., PHARM courses||—|
GCET Counselling Process 2020
In order to participate in the counselling procedure of GCET, the selected candidates have to follow certain procedures. The steps they need to follow are:
- Fill the application form very carefully and enter the details asked correctly. It should be own handwritten and duly signed by the candidates.
- After filling the required details, candidates have to submit the form in person at the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa centre.
- Candidates must mention the relevant category (if any) while filling the application form and they must have the proof of it. At the time of the admission, the concerned authority will seek the community certificate from the candidates who belong and fill the category option.
- After receiving the application form, the concerned authority will provide an acknowledgement card to the candidates as a proof of submission of the application form for counselling.
- Once the procedure for submission of the application form is over, DTE will release the merit list for the candidates
- Based on the merit list, the selected students have to be present as per the prescribed date and time, at the specified location.
- Three rounds of counselling will take place overall for the engineering courses.
- After the verification of the documents, the seat allotment will be allotted as per the candidate’s rank.
- Thus candidates have to report to the allotted college for admission with the admission allotment letter.
Step-wise GCET Counselling Process 2020
In order to appear for counselling, candidates need to go through a series of steps. Check them below.
Step 1: Download the Application Form
Candidates must have the application form for the GCET Counselling 2020. These are different application forms for different courses. As per the preference of the course, select the form.
The various form as per the courses are:
- Form A: The form is filled to get admission in BE/B.Pharm through GCET.
- Form B: The form is filled for NEET 2020 based courses. Admission to BHMS and BAMS also be provided through the NEET scorecard.
- Form C: The form is filled to get admission in B.Arch through NATA.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
Enter the details asked in the application form such as GCET roll no., name, gender, GCET 2020 Score, etc. The details entered must be handwritten of the candidates. No other person shall fill the form. After entering the details, candidates have to sign in the application form. Make sure that the sign is clearly visible. It should not be messy.
Step 3: Submission Of The Form
Once done with the filling of the form, the candidates have to submit the form in person. Candidates have to submit the form to the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa or other notified locations. When candidates submit the form, the concerned authority will issue the acknowledgment card and give it to the candidates. This acknowledgment card is the proof of submission of the application form. Keep that card safely for further reference because DTE, Goa will not issue any other duplicate card. This card will be displayed at the time of counselling.
Step 4: Counselling session
Once the candidates are done with the application form, they eagerly wait for the seat allotment process. Candidates who will be listed on the merit list of GCET 2020 are eligible for seat allotment. So as per the preference of the candidates and their ranks, seats are allotted to them.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
After the whole process, the concerned authority as per the ranks held by the candidates gives the seat to the candidates. At this time candidates have to go through the documents verification process. And those who successfully verify the document, the seat will belong to them. And after each round list will be issued by the authority to show how much seats are occupied and how much is left.
Document Required For GCET Counselling 2020
- Mark sheet and Pass Certificate of Class Xth and XIIth
- GCET 2020 Admit Card
- GCET 2020 Acknowledgement Card
- School Leaving Certificate
- Community Certificate (if any)
- Income Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Certificate of Eligibility from Goa University (if the candidate belongs to a board other than Goa board)
Participating Institutes In GCET Counselling 2020
Following is the list of the institute along with the address which is going to participate in the counselling procedure.
|Goa Medical College||Bambolim 403 202.|
|Goa College of Engineering||Goa College of Engineering Farmagudi Ponda 403 401|
|Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. and Info Tech.||Shiv-Shail Karai Shiroda Goa 403103.|
|Agnel Institute of Technology and Design||Assagao, Bardez, Goa 403 507.|
|P.E.S. Rajaram and Tarabai Badekar College of Pharmacy||Post Box no. 73, Farmagudi Ponda Goa 403 401.|
|Shri Kamaxidevi Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital||“Shiv-Shail”, Karai Shiroda-Goa 403 103.|
|Institute of Nursing Education||Opp. Station Workshop, EME Bambolim Camp- Goa. 403202|
|Goa Dental College and Hospital||Rajiv Gandhi Medical Complex, Bambolim Goa 403 202.|
|Padre Conceicao College of Engineering||Agnel Technical Education Complex Verna, Goa 403 722.|
|Don Bosco College of Engineering||Fatorda, Margao-Goa 403 602.|
|Goa College of Pharmacy||18th June Road, Panaji Goa 403 001.|
|Goa College of Architecture||Dr T.B.Cunha Educational Complex, Altinho, Panaji Goa 403 001.|
|Gomantakl Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya and Research Centre||“Vajem’’ Shiroda-Goa 403 103.|
|Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale||Near Binani Glass Fibre Pvt. Ltd., Mushir Wado, Colvale, Bardez- Goa 403 513.|