GCET 2019: GCET is a state level examination conducted for admission to various engineering courses offered at the state engineering colleges. All the candidate who wants to take the GCET 2019 will be required to fill and submit the application form. GCET important dates 2019, eligibility criteria, admit card and result dates have been given. Candidates can read the GCET 2019 counselling procedure in this article.
Goa CET is conducted every year by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa (DTE, Goa) for all the aspiring candidates who want admission at the undergraduate level. Every year lakhs of candidates take this entrance exam that gives a uniform platform for all the candidates to procure a seat in all the Institutes that accept the GCET score. The exam is conducted in offline pen and paper-based mode.
GCET 2019 Important dates
The GCET 2019 tentative dates are given in the table below:
Release of Notification
Availability of Application form
1st week of April 2019
Last date of submission and collection of Admit card
2nd week of April 2019
GCET 2019 Date
1st – 2nd week of May 2019
Release of answer Key
3rd week of May 2019
Announcement of Results
2nd week of May 2019
Starting of Counselling
GCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Prior to filling up the application form, candidates must make sure that they know the eligibility criteria laid down by the exam conducting authority. The GCET 2018 eligibility criteria are listed below:
- There is no age restriction for candidates applying for engineering courses.
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- NRI Candidates are also eligible to apply for GCET. However, they will be considered for seats only under the NRI Category.
- PIO and OCI Candidates are also eligible to apply but will be considered under the seats reserved for NRIs.
- The candidate must have passed HSSC examination from Goa Board or any other examination conducted by CBSE.
- Candidates must have passed HSSC with English, Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one any one of chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have obtained at least 45% aggregate marks in the above mentioned subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories of SC/ST/OBC must have secured at least 40% marks in the said subjects.
Please note that candidates need to qualify the GCET 2019 in order to be considered for admissions.
GCET 2019 Application Form
- The GCET 2019 Application forms will be made available for all the candidates from the 1st week of April. The application will be made available in the online mode on the official website.
- Candidates opting for engineering have to fill form A with correct details and affix a passport size photograph. T
- The applicant will also be required to pay GCET 2019 application fee of Rs 1800 through demand draft, drawn in favor of ‘Director of Technical Education’ to be payable at Panaji- Goa, India, at the scheduled bank.
- After filling in all necessary details, enclose the form in an envelope along with the DD and send it to the following address: Chairman, Admission Committee, Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa 403521.
- Candidates must provide only the correct information and only one application per candidate must be submitted.
GCET Exam Pattern 2019
DTE, Goa is in charge of releasing the GCET exam pattern 2019. The Exam pattern of the GCET includes information about the examination like the mode and duration as well as the details of the question paper like the number of questions, sections etc. The GCET exam pattern 2019 for all candidates has been given below:
- GCET 2019 will be held in the offline (pen and paper) mode.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- It will contain objective type questions.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- There will 75 questions asked from each subject.
- GCET 2019 will be marked out of a total of 225 marks.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there will be no negative marking.
GCET 2019 Syllabus
The GCET 2019 Syllabus contains all the topics from Physics, chemistry, and Mathematics studied in class 11th and 12th. GCET 2019 syllabus for each subject has been tabulated for you below.
Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
Dual nature of matter and radiation
Electronic devicesAtoms and nuclei
|Solid state |
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
d and f block elements
Haloalkanes and haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols and ethers
Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Chemistry in everyday life
|Relations and functions |
AlgebraVectors and three-dimensional geometry
GCET 2019 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to collect their GCET 2019 admit card from application reception centers in offline mode until the 2nd week of April 2019. Candidates will also be able to take the Admit Card from DTE, Goa with late fee till the 4th week of April 2019.
The GCET Admit Card 2019 is one of the most important documents that a candidate must carry to the exam center on the day of the exam. Without the Admit Card, candidates will not be able to take the GCET 2019. It will carry crucial information like the name of the candidate, the exam date and timing, and exam center name address. The GCET 2019 hall ticket must not be mutilated or soiled. It has to be preserved till the admission procedure is over.
The exam centers are venues where the candidates will be able to take the exam. There are at least 15 exam centers across the state of Goa where the candidates can opt to take the examination. The examination will be held in these centers and candidates will be required to choose any one of the those mentioned in the list issued by DTE, Goa while application form filling. The list of GCET 2018 exam centers expected to be provided is given below.
|S.No.||Exam Centre||Centre Code||Address|
|1||Tiswadi Cujira (Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|2||Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|3||Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Hr. Secondary School|
|4||Navelim||13||Rosary College/Higher Secondary School of Arts & Commerce|
|5||Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|6||Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|7||Ponda 1||16||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|8||Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|9||Bicholim||18||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|10||Curchorem||19||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|11||Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|12||Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|13||Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|14||Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|15||Dharbandora||24||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
GCET Answer Key 2019
The GCET answer key 2019 will be released by the exam conducting authority in a few days after the examination has been concluded. The Answer key of GCET will carry all the correct answer key option number to the questions asked in the examination. With the help of the answer key, candidates will be able to cross check their answers that they have provided in the GCET 2019 examination. The answer key will also help the candidate calculate the probable score that they will getting in the examination before the final results are out. Using the answer key, candidates will be able to have an idea of which institute they will probably get admission in with the score calculated.
GCET 2019 Results
The GCET 2019 Results will be released in the month of May 2019. The results will be announced in the online mode for all the candidates who have taken the examination. In order to view and download the GCET 2019 results, candidates must go to the official website or click on the link (The link will be provided here as soon as it is released) and enter their GCET application number. The results of each candidate will display the marks obtained by each candidate in the three subjects and the overall scores obtained by the candidate. The merit list of GCET 2019 will be prepared based on the results of GCET.
GCET Merit List 2019
GCET merit list 2019 will be released in the online mode around the time of result declaration. The merit list will be prepared considering the GCET 2019 results. First a provisional merit list will be published on the official website followed by a final merit list. Candidates will be called for counselling according to the rank of the candidate in the merit list meaning that candidates with higher rank will be called first than those with a low rank. The merit list will be prepared category wise and if candidates have any complaint, they can make claims against the provisional merit list. The merit list released after that will be treated as final.
GCET Counselling 2019
The GCET Counselling 2019 will be conducted in the month of June – July 2019. The counselling procedure will be held in 3 rounds and there may/may not be an additional round if required. Only those candidates who have been listed on the merit list will be able to participate in the GCET 2019 counselling round. The committee in charge of conducting the counselling will release the counselling schedule and candidates will be called according to their rank in the GCET merit list. Candidates must not forget to bring their original documents and the required photocopies to the allotted venue for verification.
The reservation in GCET will be as per the guidelines issued by the Government of Goa. The GCET reservation criteria is given below:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||2%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|Ex- Defense Service Personnel||1%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On supernumerary basis for AICTE course|