GCET 2019 Counselling and Seat Allotment: The Counselling of GCET will be conducted in the month of June – July 2019. The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa will conduct the undergraduate level examination called the Goa Common Entrance Test. This is state level examination conducted for admission to all the government and private colleges of the state that offer engineering courses for aspiring candidates. The GCET for 2019-20 will be held in the month of April. The candidates will be able to participate in the counselling procedure of GCET 2019 after they are shortlisted. Get GCET 2019 dates and counselling procedure in this article.
Check Eligibility For GCET Exam
Important Dates of GCET 2019 Counselling
GCET counselling dates have been tabulated below:
7th May 2019 (Physics and Chemistry)
|Declaration of GCET results||3rd week of May 2019|
|Receiving of GCET 2019 Counselling Form (Form A)||June 2019|
|Last date to receive counselling form||June 2019|
|Publication of eligibility list||1st week of June 2019|
|Last date to comply with eligibility requirements||Will Update Later|
|Provisional merit list||Will Update Later|
|Publication of final merit list at admission centre||Will Update Later|
|Round 1 of counselling||Will Update Later|
|Round 2 of counselling||Will Update Later|
|Round 3 of counselling||Will Update Later|
The counselling procedure will be held in 3 rounds and there may/may not be an additional round if required. Only those candidates who have been listed on the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling round. The committee in charge of conducting the counselling (DTE, Goa) will release the counselling schedule and candidates will be called according to their rank in the GCET merit list. Candidates must not forget to bring their original documents and the required photocopies to the allotted venue for verification.
Also, check GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
GCET Counselling Procedure 2019
Candidates can have a look at the detailed counselling procedure given below:
- Fill GCET Counselling form – All the candidates who are shortlisted for the counselling procedure will be required to enter certain details like name, GCET registration number, category, gender and marks obtained in GCET 2019. candidates will be required to fill the counselling form offline in their own handwriting.
- Submit the GCET counselling Form – After filling all the information, candidates must check the form and submit it before the deadline. Candidates have to submit this form in person at Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa and other designated centers. After submission, the candidate will be handed over an acknowledgment card. The card has to be kept safe and brought during counseling procedure.
- Attend Counselling Session – The next step is to attend the counseling of GCET on the scheduled date and time. Candidates will be required to attend the counseling session based on their rank in the merit list. Each round of counselling will be conducted over multiple days.
- Seat allotment – Seat allotment for shortlisted candidates will be done on the basis of merit rank of the candidate, order of seat preference, and availability of seats. During seat allotment, the verification of documents will be mandatory and those candidates whose documents have been verified successfully will be allotted a seat. At the end of each round of GCET seat allotment, a list of provisionally allotted candidates will be uploaded on the official website. Information about the institution, category, branch, and marks of such candidates will be displayed.
- Reporting to the allotted college – The candidates will have to finally reach the alloyed college for completing other admission formalities.
Documents For Counselling 2019
Candidates need to bring the below-listed documents for verification. The verification of the candidate’s documents will be done during GCET seat allotment. Have a look at the list of documents below.
- Mark sheet and Pass Certificate of Class 10
- Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate of Class 12
- GCET 2019 Admit Card
- GCET 2019 Acknowledgement Card
- School Leaving Certificate
- Certificate of Eligibility from Goa University (if the candidate belongs to a board other than Goa board
- Caste Certificate (under which admission is sought)
- Income Certificate
The official website of DTE Goa – dte.goa.gov.in