CUSAT CAT 2019 exam will be held in 6 April, 2019. The admit Card of CUSAT 2019 will be released in March 20. Cochin University of Science and Technology, commonly known as CUSAT will be conducting the Common Admission Test, CUSAT CAT for the academic admissions 2019. CUSAT CAT is conducted nationwide across many centers, and it is a computer based online test for admissions in B Tech & Voc Programmes, Msc Integrated Programmes, and Law Programmes for undergrad aspirants. Students who dream of graduating from this marvelous University located in the Gods own Country of Kerala, can start applying in the month of February. For more information about CUSAT CAT 2019 read on the article.
Latest: CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit will be available Soon – Click here
Subscribe For Latest Updates
About CUSAT CAT 2019
Some basic and contingent details about Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT).
|Name of the exam||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission/Aptitude Test|
|Common Name||CUSAT CAT|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Dates and Schedule
CUSAT Notification 2019 – Cochin University has released the CUSAT CAT Application Forms Today, and candidates can submit their applications till 21st of February 2019 (without the late fee). The dates for the CUSAT CAT Examination has been released and it will happen on 6th & 7th April 2019. Candidates are advised to be aware of the complete dates and schedule for the CUSAT CAT 2019 examination so as to not miss out any of the important dates for CUSAT CAT 2019.
|1.||Start applying from||Today, i.e. 30th January 2019|
|2.||Last Date for Application Submission (Late Fee Charges excluded)||21st February 2019|
|3.||Last Date of Application Submission (Late Fee Charges INR 100 Included)||28th February 2019|
|4.||Availability of Admit Card||20 March 2019|
|5.||CUSAT CAT Examination 2019||6th & 7th April 2019|
|6.||Result announcement||1st week of June 2019|
|7.||Counseling Dates||1st – 3rd week of June 2019|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2019 B. Tech courses vary with regular courses and special B Tech courses such as B Tech in Marine Engineering and B Tech in Instrumentation Technology. Candidates must meet the relevant requirements based on guidelines formulated by CUSAT Examining Body. Furthermore, candidates are requested to check their course interest and assess their eligibility accordingly. Here are a few general points concerning the eligibility criteria:
For regular B Tech courses
- Candidates must pass 10+2 examinations from state of Kerala or any other equivalent government recognized examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates a pass percent is required in class XII from a recognized Board for regular B Tech courses.
- A minimum of 50% is required in Mathematics in class XII Final Exam from any recognized Board.
- A minimum aggregate of 50% is required in combination of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in class XII from any recognized Board.
For B Tech in Marine Engineering
- Student must have passes 10+2 from government recognized Board with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
- Moreover, an average of 60% is required in a combination of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- And a minimum of 50% is required in Mathematics. Eligibility is same for SC/ST categories as well. However, students with vocational/diploma certificates are not eligible.
For B Tech in Naval Architecture and Ship Building
- Candidates must pass 10+2 from recognized Board with first division, i.e. 60%.
- A combined aggregate of 50% is required in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. And for Mathematics, 50% is required.
For B Tech in Polymer Science and Engineering
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from recognized Board. 50% is required for Mathematics, and 50% is required as a combined aggregate for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
For B Tech in Instrumentation Technology
- Candidates must pass 10+2 from government recognized Board. 50% is required in Mathematics. 55% is required as combined aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics put together.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Apply Online – CUSAT CAT 2019 Registration process has begun. 28th February is the Last Day to Apply. Students who are interested in CUSAT Programmes can check CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria. Candidates who are eligible can apply online on the official website of CUSAT. All the applications are to be submitted online only as there is no other medium of enrollment.
Candidates can check the detailed procedure of applying procedure here:
Creating a Login ID
- Open the official website and Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidates Name, Date of Birth and Age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate.
- Provide a Working/VALID e-mail id and an Active Mobile Number of the Candidate or his/her Parent. This email ID will be the user name for further login by the candidate.
- After logging in, candidate will see two options. The First Option “Online Registration Indian
Citizens /NRI / Children of Indian Gulf Workers (CGW)” is for all Indian Citizens applying for Non-NRI / NRI / CGW Seats. The Second Option “International Candidates / PIO” is for those who are applying for seats reserved for Foreign Citizens or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- A candidate applying for the Second Option “International Candidates / PIO” cannot apply for the First Option.
- A candidate applying for the First Option “Online Registration Indian Citizens /NRI / Children of Indian Gulf Workers (CGW)” can apply either for any one of the categories or for two categories or for all the three categories as per his/her choice.
- But they cannot apply for the Second Option “International Candidates / PIO”.
Updating the Application Form
- Candidates must go to the official website and create a login ID by entering candidate’s name, age, and date of birth with a valid E-mail address and an active mobile number.
- The generated Registration number and password will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail address.
- Select the courses as per choice.
- Provide personal and academic details correctly in sync with the certificate and identity card details.
- Upload scanned image of recent passport size photograph and scanned image of specimen signature.
- Recheck all the details entered again. Enter the information correctly. There will no application form correction facility available later on.
- Proceed to payment of fees. All candidates must pay the fees online in online mode only. They can do this by Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
Make an additional payment of INR 10,000 along with the regular examination fee for Dubai Center. It can be done online by Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card. Or it can be paid via Demand Draft made in the favor of Cochin University. Check the address below:
IRAA, Cochin University of Science and Technology,
Cochin University of Science and Technology will be conducted nationwide across many centers across India. Apart from that, CUSAT CAT 2019 will also have a test centre in Dubai. Although, it is to be noted that if there are no sufficient number of candidates opting for Dubai centre, then those candidates are liable to give their examination in Ernakulam, Kerala. Test centers in India are
|14.||The entire district Head Quarters of Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Adoor/Pathanamthitta, Thodupuza/Idukki, Alappuzha,Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, Kalpatta/Waynad, and Kasaragode.|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card will be available in March 20. Enter the Registration number, password, date of birth, and security pin in order to avail the admit card. Check the details thoroughly and make sure that there is no error or misrepresentation of data such as personal information, photo and signature uploaded. Contact the authorities in case of misinformation. Download the CUSAT CAT 2019 Hall Tickets online. Note down important details such as Roll Number, Date and Time, Venue of Examination, etc.
Important Instructions for CUSAT CAT 2019
- It will be prudent to visit the venue once in advance so as to be able to reach the examination venue in time on the examination date.
- It is mandatory to take the admit cards along to enter the examination hall.
- Admit Cards are to be accompanied by an ID proof such as voter ID, Driving License, etc. Inability to produce both admit card and ID proof is liable to refusal of application and hence disqualification will be an inevitable consequence.
CUSAT CAT Preparation
First things first, student must take a day or two and should comprehensively acquaint themselves with the syllabus. This would help them to plan their study routine efficiently. After that, a casual understanding of the exam pattern and popular questions can prove instrumental in the performance of candidate in CUSAT CAT 2019.
CUSAT CAT Syllabus 2019
Candidates have to fill in their preparation from Class IX – Class XII books only. Candidates have to revise through the Mathematics NCERT or any other trending books from class IX- XII. In case any student feels lacking in any concept, he/she must brush up their basics and work their way up. Also, candidates must do a thorough and meticulous revision of facts and concepts laid down in the physics and chemistry books from class XI and XII. Popular preparation books and practice question papers are available on the internet and many offline book shops. It is also prudent to work on the English grammar and vocabulary as well as basic general knowledge and current affairs.
Exam Pattern is an important detail any candidate must look into before applying in an examination of any sort.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Subject||NO of Questions||Marks|
Further details regarding CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2019:
- Total Time allotted to the exam will be 180 minutes, i.e. 3 hours.
- Mathematics Section will be a complete section for 120 minutes, i.e. 2 Hours
- Physics and Chemistry will be another section for 60 minutes, i.e. 1 Hours
- Get 3 Marks for every correct answer.
- Loose 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- All questions will be Objective Multiple Type Questions.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Answer Key
Answer Key are not provided by CUSAT CAT Examiners as CUSAT CAT 2019 will be an online Computer Based Test. Students can challenge wrong question by email. However, it is highly unlikely that there will be any positive response unless that question is challenged by plentiful amount of candidates. In case the answer key is released by the examining authority, candidates and aspirants can access the CUSAT CAT 2019 Answer Key from this website.
CUSAT CAT Results 2019
CUSAT CAT 2019 Results will be announced the month of June 2019. Candidates who have appeared for the CUSAT CAT 2019 Entrance Exam can check their results around 1st week of June 2019. In addition, check the results in the official website. After entering the website candidates can enter the result portal and enter their Roll Number, Registration Number, Date of Birth, and security code. This will open their created ID database and results, marks, status will be displayed therein.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Cutoff
CUSAT CAT Cutoff 2019 are issued by CUSAT CAT examining authority to ensure that the appearing candidates who clear the CUSAT CAT 2019 examination would do so with a minimum required standard to continue to the next round. This is to make sure quality student resource inside the CUSAT campus. Cutoffs vary every year and are set based on analytics of current year’s question paper difficulty level, number of students appearing for the exam, number of seats offered, number of students who have cleared the exam, etc.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Counseling Dates and Schedule
Counseling for CUSAT CAT 2019 are offered to the students who have successfully cleared the CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria and CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam. CUSAT CAT Counseling 2019 will be held in 1st to 3rd week of June 2019. Firstly, register and apply for the colleges of preference in order of choice. Students will have to check the website for counseling dates as no individual will be sent the letter personally. Applicants are required to download it and bring them along with other necessary documents on the said date in the letter. Here is a tentative schedule of counseling and further admission process.