FYJC Admission 2020 will start in the month of June 2020. It stands for First-Year Junior College. The term is mostly used in Maharashtra State, for 11th Grade. The School Education and Sports Department, Govt. of Maharashtra is the conducting authority. However, for the FYJC Maharastra Part-I and Part-II Admission Process, the authority does not conduct any entrance exam or Interview for the selection of the candidate. Instead, the candidate has to fill an Application Form and based on their performance in the 10th Board Exam, candidates will be allotted college. Through FYJC Online Admission, candidates can get admission in 11th and 12th Class as per their choice of college and stream.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
However, the Admission for FYJC is only applicable to the following regions- Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Amravati, Nasik, and Aurangabad Region. The FYJC Admission Process is quite confusing and broad, therefore to make it easy for you, we have provided complete details regarding the FYJC 11th Admission 2020.
What is FYJC?
Out actual career starts after the completion of the Class 10th Board Exams. On the basis of our performance in the 10th Board Exam Results, we plan our career for which stream to pursue. In such a case, the FYJC is the first stage in our taking a decision. The FYJC stands for First Year Junior College, which is divided into two classes – 11th and 12th. As mentioned above, the term is mostly used in Maharashtra. The FYJC Admission Streams comprise of Arts, Science, and Commerce. These Junior Colleges are of three types-
- Boys and
- Girls Junior College
Now, these First Year Junior Colleges of Maharashtra are classified in three-aid types-
- Non-Aided and
- Self-Financed/Permanent Unaided
First Year Junior College Admission 2020 – Highlights
|Admission||FYJC Admission 2020-21|
|Conducting Authority||School Education and Sports Department, Govt. of Maharashtra|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Streams||Arts, Science, and Commerce|
FYJC Online Admission Process 2020-21 Schedule
The Government of Maharashtra has not released any official dates regarding the FYJC 11th and 12th admission. However, we have provided tentative dates below, to get an idea regarding the schedule of the admission process. We will update the dates, once the Govt. of Maharashtra releases.
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of FYJC Part-I and Part-II Registration||June 2020|
|Closing Date of Part I and Part II Registration Process||July 2020|
|Release of First Merit list of bifocal courses||July 2020|
|Confirmation of Mumbai Online Admission and Payment of Fees||–|
|Announcement of Vacant Seats||–|
|Exercising Option for Round II (Bifocal Courses)||–|
|Second Round Seat Allotment||–|
|Closing Date of Second Round FYJC Part I and II Admission||–|
|Online Option Entry for Arts, Commerce, and Science||–|
|Release of First General Merit List|
|2nd Merit List release date||–|
FYJC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
While applying for FYJC Maharashtra, it is very important that you go through the eligibility conditions. However, the basic eligibility requirement for the admission process is as follows-
- The student must have passed class 10th from a recognized board with English as a compulsory subject.
- Students passing Class 10th with Mathematics can go for Arts, Science, Commerce, and HSVC Stream, but they cannot opt for Mathematics in any streams.
- Students from Science Stream are not eligible for Bifocal Subjects.
- However, to get admission into Science Stream, the student has secured a minimum of 35% marks in Science Subject.
FYJC Online Admission- Important Information to Note
Before you hit the application link button, it is very much important that you go through the instructions of the admission process. So, to help you with that, we have provided the general instructions that are important to know regarding FYJC 11th and 12th Class Admission.
- The Online Admission Process for Part I in these areas (Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, Districts, Pune, Pimpari-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation areas with Nashik, Nagpur, Amravati, and Aurangabad Municipal Corporations are applicable to all recognized Junior Colleges affiliated to Maharashtra State Board.
- Admission to Arts, Science, Commerce, and Vocational Streams will take place through the centralized admission process.
- Admissions to Night Junior Colleges, Military Junior Colleges, and Special Junior Colleges for Divyanga/Disabled are not done through FYJC Centralized Admission 2020.
FYJC Maharashtra Admission Procedure (In details)
The FYJC Online Admission Process for Class XI will start soon after the declaration of Class 10th Board Results (SSC Board Result). However, the Forms will release in the first week of June 2020, and you can submit it before the declaration of the result. The Admission is divided into two parts- Part-I and II. In the Part-I Application Form Process, you will have to fill in the basic details which we will be discussing in the later section.
Then, soon after the declaration of the SSC Result 2020, the Part-II Application Form Link will be available to fill. Then after, the FYJC Maharashtra conducts various types of Admission Rounds for the students.
FYJC Online Admission Form Filling 2020
The Application Form process of First Year Junior College, Maharashtra starts in the first week of June 2020. The application form is divided into two parts- Part I and II. In Part I, you will have to provide Personal Information, and in Part II, you will have to enter the College/Stream Preferences.
The FYJC Part I Registration Form will be available before the declaration of Class 10th State Board Result. Whereas, the FYJC Part 2 form filling will take place soon after the declaration of the result. Before every round, you can update the Part II of the online form.
How to Fill FYJC Online Form? (Part I and II)
Firstly, purchase an Information Booklet from the School/Guidance Center. However, we will provided you the FYJC Information Booklet 2020-21, once it is released. You can still download the booklet of the previous year below. Make sure that you go through all the information provided in the booklet carefully.
Steps to Fill FYJC Part I Online Form
- Visit the Area-Wise Website first, as per your preference.
- The Login ID is provided in the information booklet. Use the same for the first time login. You can change it later and make sure you remember the password for next login.
- Select the security questions, and provide the answers. Make sure you remember them, for future purposes.
- Fill in your personal details such as Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Category, E-mail ID, etc.
- Regular students who are appearing Maharashtra State Board Exam will automatically appear on the screen once they enter their SSC Seat Number.
- If in case, no information shows up after entering the SSC Seat Number, then you can enter it manually.
- Fill in the Online Admission Form from a school guidance center and get it approved.
- Provide all the documents required for approval. Take a printout of the FYJC Online Form and keep it safe for future reference.
Applicants whose application form is not approved will be marked “Pending” and will not be eligible for the FYJC Admission 2020. Also, they will not be eligible for the Part-II Form as well. However, you can check the Status online to check whether your form is eligible for further admission process or not.
How to Changes or Modifications in the FYJC Application Form?
If you want to make any changes after the submission of the FYJC Part-I Application Form, then you will have to visit the school/guidance center only. The online method of correction is not applicable in this process. You will have to submit relevant documents at the center and resubmit the modified application form.
FYJC Part 2 Online Form Filling Process
The Application Form Link for Part-II will be active soon after the declaration of Class X Results. In the FYJC Part II Form, you will have to fill in the choices.
- Once, your http//fyjc.org.in/mumbai part I online form is complete, the website will redirect you to the Part-II Section of the Form.
- This displays your State Boards SSC Students Total Marks and Percentage of the best five subjects. Other students will have to enter their marks annually.
- After submitting the marks, choose your stream you want to pursue along with the type of First Year Junior College you want to go in.
Application Form Fees for FYJC Admission
- The Application Form Fees for Mumbai is Rs 250 and for other divisions is Rs 150/-
- Without making the payment, the http//fyjc.org.in/mumbai online form will not be accepted.
Instructions While Choosing FYJC College Admission Preferences
- Consider all the aspects, such as College Fees, Stream, Medium, Distance from your residence, hostel facilities, other facilities provided.
- Different Code Numbers are allotted to the same to the Junior College on the basis of the stream, and medium. Hence one Jr. College may have more than one code number. on the basis of stream, medium, and grant. Therefore be careful while selecting code number.
- You can choose up to ten preferences. Add up your preferences priority-wise.
- The online admission process and time table schedule will release on its respective website. Therefore, make sure that you visit the website frequently.
- After any admission round, make sure that you check your student login and confirm which college you have got admission (as per your preference). If you are interested, then proceed with the admission process.
So, this completes your FYJC Maharashtra Online Admission Round (Part I and II). Make sure that you go through all the details carefully.
Documents Required for First Year Junior College Admission 2020
|General Category (Unreserved)||For Reserved Category Candidates (SC/ST/VJNT/OBC/SBC/SEBC/EWS)||Special/Parallel Reservation|
|Original Marksheet (10th or equivalent)||Caste Certificate||Original Marksheet (10th or equivalent)|
|Original School Leaving Certificate||Non-Creamy Layer Certificate/Income Certificate||School Leaving Certificate|
|Original Marksheet (10th or equivalent)||Special Reservation Certificate|
|Original School Leaving Certificate|
|2 Window Envelopes with Postal Stamps (Rs 30/-)|
FYJC Class 11th Admission and Cut-Off Marks Merit List
On the basis of the SSC Board Exam Result, the SESD will release the FYJC Merit List PDF. The list will carry the names of the candidates who are then eligible for the further admission process. The merit list will release for each FYJC Admission Round.
How to Check the First Year Junior College Merit List?
- Firstly, visit the respective divisional website
- Click on the FYJC Admission List 2020-21 and download the list.
- Take the printout for future reference.
FYJC Admission Instructions for Non-State Board Students
- Students who belong to other boards such as ICSE, NIOS, CBSE, and IB who are willing to take admission in fyjc.org.in colleges can fill the Part A of the application form.
- Candidates have to submit their best five scores in the admission forms.
- On the other hand, the NIOS Students will have to submit the marks as per their mark sheet. If any of the candidate has received “Subject Yet to be Declared” on their mark sheet, are not eligible to fill the online form.
- For Internal Board Students, marks secured in all the subjects must be calculated and converted to 500. Otherwise, they will not be eligible for “Best of Five Formula“
Types of FYJC Admission Rounds- (Class XI Admission)
To provide admission to the students in Class 11th, the Govt. of Maharashtra conducts various admission rounds for the students. So, the list of FYJC Online Admission Rounds are as follows-
FYJC Zero Admission Round
The Round takes place before the regular round. Candidates will be offered admission to Bifocal Courses/Vocational Courses and HSVC Stream only. Hence, the admission process will start with the Management Quota, Intra-Institutional Inhouse Quota, and Minority Quota. Later, the vacant remaining seats will be filled as per the merit scores of the students.
Three Regular Rounds Admission
Soon after the completion of the zero round admission, there will be three regular rounds for admission to all streams. However, the allotment of the courses will take place on the basis of Merit Scores, Reservation Criteria, and preferences by students. So, students who did not get a seat in the Zero Round are eligible to participate in this round. Also, the admission to Bifocal Courses in this round is not applicable.
FYJC Special Round Admission
Lastly is the special round admission will take place for those students, who did not get admission in the previous rounds. This just like a Mop-Up Round Admission.
FCFS Admission Round
The FCFS Round starts for First Cum First Service Round. This admission process will take place soon after the completion of the Special Round and other admission procedures. So, students who had canceled their admission in the previous rounds or those who were restricted are eligible for this round.
However, to participate in the FYJC Online Admission Round, it is mandatory to register yourself. Hence, no applicant is eligible for the admission process without Online Registration.
FYJC Class 11th Admission Reservation Criteria
|SC (including Navboudha)||13%|
|Vimukti Jati- A||3%|
|Nomadic Tribes- B||2.5%|
|Special Backward Class||2%|
|Nomadic Tribes- C||3.5%|
|Nomadic Tribes- D||2%|
|Other Backward Class||19%|
So, these are the complete details of the FYJC Admission 2020. If you have any queries regarding the admission process, then please comment on the section below.