CBSE Improvement Exam 2020: CBSE 10th and 12th Class Result has been announced online @cbse.nic.in. CBSE provides an opportunity for the students who want to increase their score in the board exams. The Application Forms for the Improvement Exam 2020 are released on 26th August 2019. Candidates who have passed the board exam but are not satisfied with the score secured can opt for this option. It should be noted that the only those candidates will be eligible to qualify for this exam who have qualified the board exams. For the CBSE Improvement exam 2020, the student has to follow up the prescribed procedure as per defined by CBSE which includes filing up the Improvement form has been made available by the examination conducting body of the Board. The candidate who appeared for the March 2019 exam and is not satisfied with her/his Result can give the improvement of the selected subjects in the Board exam of March 2020. For more of the details go through the article below.
|CBSE Date Sheet 2020||CBSE Class 10th date Sheet||CBSE Class 12th Date Sheet|
- CBSE 10th Result 2020 has been Announced @cbse.nic.in
- CBSE 12th Result 2020 has been Announced at cbse.nic.in
- Central Board of Secondary Education has released an online form for Improvement exam 2020 on 26th August 2019. The last date to submit the form is 30th September 2019.
Check the Complete Notification and details from below:
Subscribe For Latest Updates
CBSE Improvement Exam Schedule 2020
For the candidates who are planning on appearing for the Improvement exam in 2020 can go through the schedule from the tabular format below.
|CBSE Improvement Exam Application Form 2020 will be available||26th August 2019|
|The last date for the submission of CBSE Improvement Application Form 2020 will be||30th September 2019|
|The Admit card for the Improvement exam 2020 will be available in||February 2020|
|CBSE Improvement exam 2020||March-April 2020|
|CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 result will release||August 2020|
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020
The candidates who appeared for the CBSE Exam for session 2019 can now check their score. Central Board of Secondary Education released the class 12th and 10th result on their official website on 2nd May and 6 May 2019. Since board exams are considered to be the gateway to good colleges, the marks secured are quite important here. There must be cases where the student might feel that they scored below expectations and their estimation of the marks is very much different from what they secured. For such cases, CBSE provides an opportunity where the students can appear for the board exams once again in order to improve their marks. The Application Forms for CBSE Improvement exam 2020 are available from 26th August 2019. The candidates will be able to appear to give their improvement exam along with the students of 2020 board exam. It must be noted though that the applicants who wish to improve their score only they can appear for the Improvement Exam. For those who have failed their board must appear for the Compartment Exam conducted by CBSE.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Rules
- The candidates passed in 2018 and 2019 can apply for the improvement examination.
- Students can choose more than one subject for improvement.
- The application fee may increase as per the number of the subject chosen.
- After the CBSE improvement exam 2020 result, you can prefer the latest result or improvement result.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Eligibility
The students before planning on the filling of the CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 are advised to go through the eligibility criteria as per described by CBSE Board. It should be noted that the candidate will be prohibited if the criteria are found not to be fulfilled by the Board.
- To appear for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020, the student is required to be passed in the Board Exam that they appeared for. For those who failed the exam, there are different provisions for which they can go.
- Improvement exam is solely for the candidates who want to raise their score secured by them in the Board exam.
- Candidate must have studied from CBSE Board.
- If the candidate has a compartment in any subject, she/he will not be eligible to appear for the Improvement exam.
- Candidate cannot choose any additional subject for reappearing.
- The option of giving improvement is only for the Five main subjects.
- Candidate can apply for improvement for anyone subject or for all the five subjects.
- If a candidate passes the exam in 2019, she/he can appear for the exam in 2020.
Application Form for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020
Candidates planning to appear for the improvement exam for 2020 CBSE board exam will be required to fill up the Application Form which will be made available by CBSE. The Steps of applying for the Improvement exam is provided in the points below:
- Visit the official website of Central Board of Secondary education i.e. www.cbse.nic.in improvement exam 2020.
- Navigate for the Apply Online Link to Improvement Exam on the Home Page.
- Candidates will be required to enter their School name and Roll Number.
- Next option will be of choosing the subjects in which the candidate wants to appear for the improvement.
- Select the examination centre out of the given choices.
- Go through the filled details thoroughly and click on the submit button.
- Pay the Application Fee either online or Bank Challan.
- It is advised to get the print out of the Application form for the future reference.
- The application fee is Rs. 200 for all candidates.
- The application fee can be paid in online mode or via challan.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Subject Wise Fees
The CBSE Improvement Exam 2019 fee structure for opting subjects was as follows. Candidates must note that the provided information is as per last year. The new updates for Improvement exam 2020 will be available here.
|The Number of Subjects||Fee (In Rs.)|
|Exam Fee for five Subjects under All India Scheme.|
Exam Fee for Five Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for additional six Subjects under All India Scheme.|
Fee for additional six Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for the practical exam under All India Scheme.|
Fee for the practical exam under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for two subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.|
Under Delhi Scheme Fee for two subjects.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
|Exam Fee for overseas Candidate for five subject||3000|
|Fee for additional sixth Subject for foreign candidates||1000|
|Fee for the practical exam for foreign candidate||125|
|Fee for two subjects for improvement for foreign candidates|
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Admit Card
The CBSE Improvement Exam Admit Card will be made available by the examination conducting body. Candidates who will fill up the Application form for the Improvement exam will be eligible to download the Admit card by providing their Application Number of the Improvement Form. The Admit Card for the candidates who have applied for the Improvement exam will be available along with for those who will be appearing for the regular board exam. It should be noted that the admit card is an important document to be bought on the day of the exam and in its absence candidate will be prohibited from taking the exam.
CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Result
The Result of CBSE improvement Exam will be released by the CBSE on the notified date along with the result of the Board exams. Candidates who appeared will be required to provide their Roll number for finding the score. It should be noted that the marks secured in the CBSE Improvement exam will be considered as the final score and the new mark sheet will be issued with the revised scores of the subjects for which the candidate has given the exam.
Advantages and Disadvantages of CBSE Improvement Exam
It is important that the candidates go through both the Merits and Demerits before appearing for the CBSE Improvement exam 2020. The Improvement Exam is held by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), providing an opportunity for the candidates to increase their marks in the subjects. Appearing for CBSE Improvement exam involves both the Advantages and Disadvantages while the Advantage can be that the score of the candidate will be increased if the exam goes well but in case the candidate is not able to prepare well, her/his score might get lower.
CBSE Improvement exam is applied by the candidates mostly with the assurance that the score will increase which will help in the overall aggregate improvement of the marks.
Click Here to Read the Advantages and Disadvantages of CBSE Improvement exam.
Important Points Related to CBSE 10th and 12th Improvement Exam
Go through the points mentioned below if applying for Improvement exam 2020.
- The Application Form of CBSE Improvement 2020 will be made available on the official website of CBSE. Candidates should keep themselves updated with the released information.
- CBSE Improvement Exam is given by the candidates for the increment of marks in their board exams.
- The candidates applying for CBSE Improvement 2020 will be able to appear for one subject for improvement or can appear for more than one subject.
- If the marks secured by the candidate in Improvement Exam 2020 will be more than the secured marks, the new score will be on the mark sheet. If the Improvement marks remain less, the secured Board exam marks will remain on the mark sheet.
- It will be important for the candidate to go through the fee as charged for the papers applying for the Improvement.
- Before filling CBSE Improvement Form 2020, it is advised to go through the eligibility as defined by the Board. In case the candidate is found not fulfilling the eligibility, they will not be permitted to sit for the exam.
- Only those candidates can apply for Exam who have passed the exam and wants to increase their score. Candidates who have failed in their board exam will not be allowed to apply for Improvement exam.
CBSE Re-evaluation Procedure
CBSE Re-evaluation Exam: Along with a CBSE Improvement Exam 2020, candidates who are not satisfied with their marks in class 12th and class 10th are also provided with an opportunity of re-evaluation where the improvement of marks in the Answer Sheet can be done. The procedure of re-evaluation is conducted by CBSE for which the candidates have to apply by submitting the different Application and mention the subject in which they want their marks to be rechecked.
In this process, candidates who are confident regarding their performance in the board exam but have secured fewer marks unexpectedly can visit the official website of CBSE and apply for CBSE re-evaluation procedure. Under this, the sheet of the exam for which candidate applied for the re-evaluation will be rechecked by the authorized teachers. It should be noted that only the marks will be recalculated and it will be checked if during the total calculation all the marks have been included and calculated properly.
Candidates should note that there is no assurance regarding the increment of the marks in the CBSE re-evaluation procedure and quite many times it has been seen that the efforts go in vain. It is advised that the candidates apply for the CBSE Improvement exam in which there will be an opportunity for increasing the score and prepare for the exam in a much better way.
CBSE Improvement Exam FAQ’s
Q1: If I’m giving CBSE class 12th Improvement exam in 2020 to get 75% marks in PCM. Do I have to give JEE Main in Jan 2020 or can I give it on April 2020?
Ans: If the candidate is appearing for class 12th Improvement exam in 2020, they are eligible to appear for JEE Main January 2020 as well as April 2020.
Q2: What if one wishes to improve his/her performance in Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12. Is it possible and how?
Ans: Yes, it’s possible. Candidates need to fill the Improvement Exam Form for the subjects in which they want to improve their scores. The candidates may appear privately or as regular students who want to appear for all subjects.
Q3: How many times one can appear for the Improvement examination?
Ans: Candidates have only one chance to appear for the examination in the consecutive year.
Q4: Is it possible for a candidate to appear simultaneously for CBSE Improvement as well as additional subject examination?
Ans: No, it’s not. As per the CBSE Improvement Exam Rules, the candidates can appear for the examination in one or more subjects to improve their marks, but they can’t apply simultaneously for additional subject examination.
Q5: Is it compulsory to appear in all subjects in improvement exam CBSE 2020?
Ans: No, students can apply for one or more subjects as per their choices as mentioned in the CBSE improvement exam rules.
Q6: Is it compulsory to appear in theory and practical exams in the improvement examination?
Ans: If candidates have passed in practical in the main examinations, they are permitted to apply only to the theory part in CBSE class 12th Improvement Exam. And marks of practical scored in the main examination are carried forward and counted as it is.
Or if the candidate has failed in practical then they have to apply for both practical and theory in the exam according to CBSE Improvement Exam Rules.
As there has been no announcement made by the Central Board of Secondary Education regarding the conduction of Improvement Exam CBSE 2020, candidates are facing confusion related to the exam and whether the Application Forms will be released or not. It is very natural to come up with all these queries especially when all the information you are getting is making you more confused. The most frequent query asked is regarding the availability of the Application Form, procedure of the Application Form or the basic eligibility conditions in order to appear for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020.
Well, we are here presenting you with all the possible questions that you can come up with. We will try to cover every form of query that the candidate can think of and will provide the answers. Starting from the basic question:
Ques: What are the CBSE Class 12th Improvement Form and why they are released?
Ans: The Improvement Exam of class 12th is held by CBSE every year. It provides an opportunity for the candidates who have already appeared for CBSE Exams but haven’t secured the satisfactory marks in the exam are provided with this option. But it should be noted that only those who HAVE GIVEN the CBSE Board Exam will be eligible to give Improvement exam. Those who haven’t appeared for CBSE exam or were absent in any of the subject will not be eligible to appear for the Improvement Exam.
Ques: Can I take CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 if I passed class out class 12th in 2018?
Ans: Yes, you can appear for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 if you passed your 12th exam in 2018. Candidates from 2018 and 2019 batch are eligible to appear for Improvement exam 2020.
Ques: Are CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Form released? If Not, when they will be available?
Ans: CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Application Form are not released on the official website of CBSE. The Form will release in the month of October 2019.
Ques: If the candidate has failed in all the 5 subjects in class 12th exam, are they eligible to appear for the 2020 CBSE Improvement Exam?
Ans: No, if you have failed in all the board exams, you are not eligible to appear for the Improvement Exam. The candidate is required to pass in the exam in order to appear for CBSE Improvement exam 2019.
Ques: In the new Marksheet of CBSE Improvement Exam 2020, are marks of all the subjects are mentioned or only those for which the candidate appeared for the Improvement?
Ans: The new Marksheet which will be released after the Improvement Exam will mention the marks of only those subjects for which the candidate gave the Improvement Exam.