BHU RET 2020 Admission will start in the month of September 2020. The Banaras Hindu University is responsible for conducting the BHU Research Entrance Test. For RET Admission, only M.Phil and Ph.D. Candidates are eligible. However, the expected dates for BHU RET Exam are the third week of October 2020. The Admission Process of BHU RET comprises of Application Form, Entrance Exam, and Counselling. Hence, in this article, we will provide complete details regarding the Banaras RET Admission. So, if you are interested and satisfy the eligibility conditions, then read the article carefully.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Banaras Hindu University RET Admission- Highlights
- The BHU RET stands for Banaras Hindu University Research Entrance Test.
- This Entrance Examination is for the admission in the Post-Graduate Level.
- The Selection Process is done on the basis of the Entrance Test (Computer Based).
- The Application Form is expected to release in the month of September 2020.
- Admission will be offered for various courses such as – Ph.D. Program, Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Arts/Performing Arts/Commerce/Management Studies/Law/Medicine/Visual Arts, etc.
BHU RET 2020- Exam Dates
The BHU RET Exam Dates have not been announced yet. However, we have provided a tentative schedule for the Exam and Admission process. Once the dates are announced, we will soon update all the dates here.
|BHU RET Events||Scheduled Tentative Dates|
|Starting Date of the Online Application Form||Third Week of September 2020|
|Last Date of the Online Admission Form||First Week of October 2020|
|Release Date of the BHU RET Admit Hall Ticket||Third Week of October 2020|
|Online BHU RET Exam Date||Third Week of October 2020|
|Release of BHU RET Answer Key 2020||Last Week of October 2020|
|Last Date to submit the objection in the answer key||First Week of November 2020|
|Declaration of RET Result- Agriculture Test A Result||Second Week of November 2020|
|RET Counselling Dates||Last Week of November 2020|
BHU Research Entrance Test Eligibility Conditions
All the applicants must note that the Eligibility Condition is the most important factor for the admission process. Hence, on the basis of the eligibility criteria, you will have to fill and submit the Application Form. However, the eligibility criteria for BHU RET is different for each course. So, the eligibility conditions for each course is as follows-
BHU Ph.D. Course
- Candidates have to pass the qualifying exam and must secure a minimum of 50 marks for the General Category Candidates.
- The minimum qualifying academic marks for the Reserved Category Candidates (SC/ST/OBC) are 45 and 47.5 marks respectively.
- A relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam is applicable for the SC/ST/PC candidates.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture (M.Sc (Ag)/M.Sc) in concerned discipline with B.Sc (Ag)/B.Sc (Hons.)Ag – 4 years degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture (M.Sc (Ag)/M.Sc) in any allied subjects with B.Sc (Ag)/B.Sc (Hons.)Ag – 4 years degree.
- B.Sc (Horti) Course with Post-Graduation in the subject- M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering/M.E (Agricultural Engineering) or equivalent degree with a specialization in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering/Irrigation and Drainage Engineering/Soil and Water Engineering/Water Sources Engineering or M.Sc (Ag) in Soil and Water Conservation for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering).
- Animal Husbandry and Dairying B.Sc- (Ag)/B.Sc (Hons) Ag, candidates must have the basic qualification (UG) and M.Sc/M.Sc (Ag) in the concerned subject.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Undergraduate must be 60-70% in equivalence with B.Sc (Ag)/B.Sc (Hons) Ag Course of I.Ag.Sc
- Also, candidates with a 10+2+3+2 system of education are eligible for BHU RET Ph.D. Admission through RET/RET (Exempted) for the following disciplines-
- Agricultural Statistics and
- Food Science, and Technology
Faculty in Arts/Science and Social Sciences
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in the concerned subject or having a master’s degree in any allied subjects.
- For Admission to Ph.D. in Women Studies, Peace Research, Public Administration, and Nepal Studies, candidates having Post Graduate Degree in any discipline of Social Science/Science/Humanities/Management, etc. are eligible.
- Also, candidates having a Postgraduate Degree in Nepali Language and Culture are also eligible for Ph.D. in Nepali Studies.
- For Ph.D. Admission in Subaltern Studies, candidates holding an M.Phil Degree in Subaltern Studies are eligible. However, candidates with M.Phil in Subaltern Studies will be considered for Direct Admission.
- Candidates applying for admission in Ph.D. in Geophysics must have B.E/B. Tech Degree in Mining Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical/ Environmental Sciences (Environmental Technology) Engineering are also eligible.
- For a Ph.D. in Molecular and Human Genetics, applicants must have B.Tech/B.E degree in the following- Biotechnology, Bioscience and Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Material Science, and Pharmaceutical Engineering are eligible.
- To get Admission in Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences and Human and Clinical Genetics, candidates holding PG Degree in their allied subjects are eligible for the Entrance Test.
- For Admission to Ph.D. in Bhojpuri Evam Janpadiya Adhyan, candidates holding PG Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Management, Medical Sciences, Performing Arts, and Visual Arts are also eligible.
Faculty of Performing Arts Eligibility
- To get admission in Faculty of Performing Arts, candidates have to qualify any of the following exams –
- Sangeet Nipun Examination of Bhatkhande Vidyapeeth, Lucknow
- OR Sangeet Praveen Examination of Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad OR
- Sangeet Alankar Examination of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai
- OR Sangeet Kovid Examination of Indra Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, CG
- To get admission to Sangeet Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay, candidates have to pass anyone of the following examinations.
- Candidate must have an Acharya Degree in the concerned subject.
- or Acharya or Equivalent Degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Commerce
For Admission in the Faculty of Commerce, candidates have to qualify any one of the following examinations-
- M.Com (Master’s Degree in Commerce)
- M.F.C (Master of Finance and Control)
- MFM (Master of Financial Management)
- MRIM (Master of Risk and Insurance Management)
- MFMRI (Master of Financial Management Risk and Insurance)
- MFT (Master of Foreign Trade)
- M.B.M (Master of Business Management)
- Master of Business Administration or in Allied Areas
- M.A in Economics/Psychology
- Chartered Accountancy of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Faculty of Law Eligibility Conditions
- Candidates have to pass in the Master’s Degree in the concerned discipline.
Faculty of Education Eligibility
Candidates have to pass any one of the following examinations-
- M.Ed/M.A (Education)
- Master’s Degree in Special Education [M. Ed (Spcl)]
- Master’s Degree in any one of the allied subjects (Indian Philosophy and Religion, Philosophy, Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
Faculty of Medicine
Candidates have to pass any one of the following examinations-
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D)
- Master of Surgery (M.S)
- Doctorates of Medicinus (D.M)
- Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch)
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in the concerned subject recognized by MCC.
- M.Sc in the concerned subject
- Master’s Degree in any one of the allied subjects
Faculty of Dental Sciences
To get admission in the faculty of dental sciences, candidates have to qualify in any of the following admission.
- Master’s Degree in Dental Surgery
- Master’s Degree in any one of the allied subjects
Faculty of Ayurveda
Candidates have to qualify in any one of the following subjects-
- M.D (Ay)/M.S (Ay) recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
- Master’s Degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Visual Arts
Candidates have to qualify any one of the following subjects-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts and a Master’s Degree in Fine Arts
- MFA in applied art
- MFA in Plastic Art (Sculpture)
- Textile Design
- MFA in Pottery Ceramic/Painting
BHU RET Application Form
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria (mentioned above) can fill the BHU RET Application Form 2020. The Admission Form will be available online on its official website (bhuonline). However, the mode of the application form is online only. The BHU Research Registration Form will release in the month of September 2020. To fill in the application form, candidates have to submit major details such as Personal, Educational, Address Details, Uploading of Picture, and Payment of Application Fees.
Candidates must note that the application form will be available for a limited period of time, therefore, make sure that you submit the form before the due date.
How to Apply for BHU RET Form?
The Step by Step Process to Apply for Banaras Hindu University Application Form is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of BHU
- Click on the Application Form Link and apply
- Enter all the required details correctly.
- Make the payment of the BHU Form Fees and submit the form.
- Download and take the printout of the application form
Application Fees of BHU RET 2020
- The Application Fees for BHU RET 2020 is Rs 600/- (General) and Rs 300/- (SC/ST).
- The form fee amount is non-refundable.
- Candidates can make the payment of the form fees through Credit/Debit/Netbanking
Documents Required in BHU RET Online Form
Candidates will be requiring the following document details while filling the form-
- Aadhar Card
- Passing Certificate
- Marksheet of the Qualifying Exam
Eligibility and Form details for Foreign Nationals
Banaras Hindu University has a different set of rules and regulations for the Foreign Nationals. The candidates do not have to appear the entrance test, instead, they have to pass the equivalent qualifying exam. Candidates must have an Engish Proficiency Certificate of TOEFL (minimum of 70 marks) or IELS (minimum of 6 bands). The Application Form has to be submitted at-
International Students Centre, C/3/3 Tagore House, BHU, Varanasi- 221005, India
BHU RET Seat Reservation
The expected seat reservation of Banaras Hindu University RET Admission 2020 is as follows-
BHU RET Admit Card
Candidates who have registered for the RET Entrance Exam can download the BHU RET Hall Ticket 2020 from the official website. The Admit Card will be available online only. To download the Admit Card of BHU RET, candidates have to enter their Registration Number and Password. However, an SMS will be sent to your registered number. The Admit Card will carry all the details of the examination and the candidate. It is a mandatory document for each candidate to carry the BHU Research Entrance Test, Admit Card.
BHU Research Entrance Test Exam Centres
The Research Entrance Test of Banaras Hindu University will take place in 115 cities. Candidates have to select the exam centers as per their preferences. Options will be available at the time of filling the RET Form. The details of the exam center will be available in the Hall Ticket. Exam Center once allotted cannot be changed. Hence, the list of the BHU RET 2020 Examination Centers are as follows-
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Tirupathi|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Chhatisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhi Nagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Karnal, Hisar, Kurukshetra, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Hubli, Gulbarga, Bangalore, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune|
|Odisha||Berhampur- Ganjam, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal, Karim Nagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Ghaziabad, Geater Noida, Meerut, Agra, Noida, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Muzzafarpur, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, and Siliguri|
BHU RET Exam Pattern 2020
The Banaras Hindu University conducts an Entrance Test for selecting candidates for admission in M.Phil Program Courses. Hence, the Examination Pattern includes the following pattern/structure of the exam.
RET Exam Pattern for M.Phil Programs
- The Research Entrance Test is divided into two test papers- A and B
- The Test A exam is based on the Subject Knowledge. Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability, and Research Methodology.
- Whereas, Test B will comprise of Research Proposal and Personal Interview to test the aptitude for research.
The pattern of BHU RET Test”A”
- Questions will be based on the subject knowledge at the Master’s Level in the concerned topic area.
- It will contain questions related to Research Methodology.
- Total Number of Questions – 100 MCQs
- Time Duration of the test- 120 Minutes (2 Hours)
- Total Marks of the BHU RET Question Paper – 300 marks
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded, and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks in Test “A” is 35%.
- Around 40% of the questions will come from Research Methodology. Some of the important topics are-
- Foundation of Research
- Problem Identification and Formulation
- Research Design
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Interpretation of Data
- Data Analysis
- Paper Writing
- Use of Encyclopedia and other tools etc.
- Whereas, 60% of the questions will be of Master’s Level of the Subject and Areas concerned.
Exam Pattern of Test “B”
- The Test “B” comprises of the Research Proposal and Personal Interview.
- Candidates approximately four times of the seats will be selected for Test “B”
- Test B will take place in the concerned department/school/center
- Total Marks for the test is 50 marks (Writing a Research one/two page of Proposal – 25 marks and Personal Interview- 25 marks).
- Candidates have to write this research proposal at the spot within a time duration of 30 minutes and submit it to the respective HOD/COS/COC. Note- The Research Proposal may not be related to the work that the candidate may actually carry out if registered for Ph.D
- In the Personal Round Interview, questions will be asked related to the Research Proposal and other questions.
- However, candidates who are applying in more than one discipline will have to appear Test B separately for each discipline.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for RET is 225 marks and for Reserved Category, the minimum qualifying marks are 75 marks.
BHU RET Answer Key 2020
Soon after the completion of the Research Entrance Test, the Answer Key will be released online. The BHU RET Provisional Answer Key will be published within 2 to 3 days of the exam. Candidates will have to log in to the portal and check and download the answer key pdf. Also, candidates will also be given a chance to challenge the solution key. Challenging BHU Answer Key will be available for 3 days. A processing fee of Rs 100/- will be charged for each Question Paper challenge. The experts will verify the answers, and if the answer is found correct, then the fees will be refunded back. Thus, after the answer key challenge evaluation, a BHU RET Final Answer Key will be released on bhuonline.in.
BHU RET Result
The Banaras Hindu University RET Result will announce the result soon after the release of the answer key. The result will be available in the form of the merit list. The BHU RET Merit List Result will carry the names of all the eligible candidates for the Test B. Later, awaiting merit list will also be available. Hence, eligible candidates of Test A will have to appear for the Test B. BHU RET Test B Result will release on a merit list basis. The Merit List release after the Research Entrance Test B will be the final BHU RET 2020 Result and hence on the basis of the result, the further admission process will take place.
BHU Research Entrance Merit List
The Merit List of BHU RET will be available online. Candidates who have appeared the exam can check the merit list online. The BHU RET Rank List will be available in PDF Format. It will be available separately for each Test- A and B.
How to Check your name in BHU RET Rank List pdf?
The step by step process to check your name in BHU Merit List 2020 is as follows-
- Visit the official website of BHU- www.bhuonline.in
- Click on the Merit list link for the respective test
- Press Ctrl+F and enter your name
- If your name is on the list, then you are eligible for the further admission process.
- Download and take the printout of the Merit Rank List Result of BHU RET.
BHU RET Counselling
Shortlisted candidates will have to appear the BHU Counselling Round. The University conducts a computerized counseling process. Thus, the counselling process involves the following steps-
Attendance of the Candidates
Eligible candidates will have to report at the center for the counselling round. The specified date and time will be noted on the BHU RET Exam Call Letter. Then contact the counselling in charge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet.
Verification of the Documents
Then after, the attendance marking, the admission committee will verify the original documents of the candidate. The verification process will take place online. The committee member checks the academic records on the verification page. If the details are found to be correct, then he/she puts a tick mark on the appropriate box. If there is an error in the information, then the provision for the correction will be available at the Verification Page.
List of Documents Required
- BHU RET Application Form
- BHU RET Admit Card 2020
- Marksheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- Certificate of the Qualifying Examination.
Note: Candidates must bring all the original copies to the Counselling Round.
Thus, these are the complete details of the BHU RET Admission 2020. If you have any queries regarding the admission process, then comment on the section below.