BHU GNM Syllabus 2020: The College of Nursing, Institute of Medical Sciences of Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU Nursing Entrance Exam every year. It is one of the premier and prestigious institutes of the country. The year of establishment is in July 1960. The college conducts the three-year diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery. The training is as per the syllabus of the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and is recognized by I.N.C., New Delhi. The college takes the entrance test every year for admission into the nursing course. Also, the college decides the course and curriculum of the nursing program and prepares the question papers. In this article, we have given the details of the BHU GNM Syllabus 2020. The article also talks about the exam pattern and important dates.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
BHU GNM Syllabus 2020
The School of Nursing, BHU, is one of the premier and prestigious nursing colleges in India. Also, the institute conducts the entrance exam every year to take admissions of eligible candidates. Therefore, the candidates, who have completed the higher secondary education from a school affiliated to the state or central board of education, can apply for the entrance examination and take admission into the course. In this section, we have given details of the entrance exam syllabus. Candidates can read the entire article to get the knowledge of the BHU Nursing Exam Syllabus 2020 and important dates.
The School of Nursing, BHU (under UP Nursing Council) will soon release the dates for BHU GNM Admission 2020. However, we have provided the tentative dates below. The candidates can get a better idea of the examination and admission procedure.
|S.No.||Name of the Exam Event||Date|
|1.||The date for Online registration form filling||– May 2020 –|
|2.||Last date for Online Application Form Submission||– May 2020 –|
|3.||Issue of Admit Card||– To be Announced –|
|4.||Date of Entrance Exam||– To be Announced –|
|5.||Results’ declaration Date||– To be Announced –|
Also, Check- GNM Syllabus
GNM 2020 Nursing Admission Application Form
The eligible and interested candidates can fill the application form online from the official website. Because the applications that are submitted after the mentioned deadline, will not be accepted by the authority under any circumstances. So, candidates should submit the application form on time. Follow these steps to fill the BHU GNM Application Form:
- First of all, candidates have to visit the official website of Banaras Hindu University to register themselves.
- Secondly, enter all the necessary details and then click the “Save & Continue” button.
- After entering all the details, candidates have to upload all the required documents.
- Candidates are advised to check all the details which are mentioned in the application form is correct.
- After that, candidates need to pay the Application Form fee.
- Then, submit the application form and save it for further use.
BHU GNM Entrance Exam Pattern
This exam will consist of objective type questions having multiple-choice questions. Therefore, we have given a basic layout of the BHU Nursing Exam Pattern.
- The number of questions in the exam will be 100.
- And, every question will be of 2 marks.
- The question will be asked from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- Also, the duration of the question paper will be 2 hours.
- However, there is N0 negative marking in the examination.
|S.No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Total (2 hours)||200||400|
BHU GNM Entrance Syllabus 2020
The candidates are always advised to check the syllabus of the exam before the examination. This is also an important step, as it helps a student in preparing them for the examination. Candidates should gather information related to the syllabus, for an accurate level of exam preparation. A syllabus-based preparation always helps aspirants to score considerable marks in the exam. In this section, we are going to give the topic-wise BHU Nursing Entrance Syllabus. Therefore the candidates can check the syllabus details from the box given below
Botany and Zoology – Total number of questions – 50 questions
Total number of questions – 25 questions
Chemistry Total number of questions – 25 questions
Also, there are questions from the topics of
- General Ability
- English Language
- General knowledge
Eligibility Criteria for BHU Nursing Entrance Exam
Following are the main eligibility criteria to apply for B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam in BHU –
- It is compulsory for the candidate to be an Indian National.
- Candidates must complete 12th class in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- It is essential to obtain at least 50% marks in HSC (40% marks for reserved categories). Those who are currently studying final year of intermediate level are also eligible to apply. However, they need to submit original 12th class pass certificates. Along with marks sheet at the time of admission.
- It is compulsory for candidates to be medically fit while applying for this course.
- The age of the candidate must be between 17-25 years.
Selection Procedure: Banaras Hindu University Nursing Course
BHU GNM 2020 selection is on the basis of merit in the written entrance examination. In case, candidates having the same marks in the examination then the Tie-Breaking Criteria is used in the following manner:
- Candidates having higher marks in zoology is given the higher preference
- Even after this if the scores remain same, then candidates having higher marks in botany will be given the preference
- Then the candidates having higher marks in chemistry are considered
- Finally, the candidates having higher marks in the physics section are taken into account
If all of these are the same, then the candidate with higher age will be considered.
BHU Nursing Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers help a lot in the preparation for the entrance exams. Therefore, in this section, we have given the previous year nursing entrance exam question papers. Candidates can download the pdf of the old question papers and practice for the entrance exam. It will help you in understanding the exam pattern. Further, it will increase your chances of clearing the exam.