BCECE 2021: The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducts the BCECE entrance exam. Thus, the aspirants of Engineering, Medical, and Agriculture courses can appear for the examination. It is a state-level exam. In addition, the exam is conducted via online mode. Thus, it is a computer-based entrance test. Candidates must first fill and submit the application form to apply. Do not forget to check out the eligibility conditions before filling the BCECE application form. Furthermore, for complete details about the BCECE 2021 application process, eligibility, and selection criteria, read further.
Check Eligibility For BCECE Exam
The BCECE Board is constituted under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995. Moreover, the students who pass the exam are granted admission to the engineering institutes in the state of Bihar. Candidates need to score the minimum qualifying marks to seek admission. Further, candidates preparing for the exam (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) should be well acquainted with the BCECE 2021 dates. Hence, all the important events and dates are mentioned in the below table.
BCECE Exam Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of Application||– February 2021 –|
|Last date of payment by online mode||1st week of April 2021|
|Application Correction||1st week of April 2021|
|Admit Card availability||3rd week of April 2021|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2021|
|Result /merit list declaration||3rd week of June 2021|
|Issue of rank card||4th week of June 2021|
|Counselling starts||3rd week of July 2021|
BCECE L.E. (Lateral Entry) Dates
|Online Registration Starts||– Last Week of April 2021 –|
|Closing of Registration||– June 2021 –|
|Last date of payment through Challan after submission of Online Application form of Registered candidate||– June 2021 –|
|Last date of payment through Net Banking /Debit Card /Credit Card after submission of the Online Application Form of Registered Candidate||– June 2021 –|
|Editing of BCEC LE Application Form||– June 2021 –|
|Admit Card||– TBA –|
|Exam||– TBA –|
BCECE 2021 Paper Schedule
|Physics||9:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Chemistry||11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
|Mathematics||2:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Biology||4:00 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Agricultural Science||11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
Highlights of BCECE 2021
|Full Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Exam conducting Body||Bihar Board|
|Level of Examination||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR Based)|
|Admission In||Affiliated colleges of Bihar Board|
|Mode of Application||Online|
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the prescribed BCECE 2021 Eligibility Criteria. It is necessary that all applicants satisfy the eligibility conditions. In addition, the candidates have to later provide the relevant documents as well for verification. Hence, do ensure that you provide the correct information. Furthermore, general and qualifying eligibility is explained below.
- There is no set age limit to apply for the BCECE examination. However, candidates applying for health sciences must be of 17 years in Dec. 2021. For agriculture, the applicant must be of 16 years in August 2021.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen and a domicile of Bihar.
- Candidates who are appearing for their final qualifying exam are eligible to apply. However, such candidates have to provide the qualifying proof at the time of counselling.
- Moreover, the applicant must be fit. A medical examination certificate has to be submitted to the authority.
- For Engineering Courses: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 level with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects. In addition, the candidate must have scored at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST Candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- For Pharmacy Courses: Candidate must have passed 12th class with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST Candidates). With Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
BCECE 2021 Application Form
The BCECE Board releases the BCECE Application Form 2021 on its official website (www.bceceboard.gov.in). Moreover, the application procedure includes steps such as filling in personal information, uploading images, educational details, application fee submission, and downloading the filled form. The registration procedure is carried out via online mode. Further, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling the form. Check all the important details about the application form below. The authorities also provide a form correction facility.
- The category-wise application fee is mentioned below. However, it is as per the last years’ records.
- Mode of Payment: The payment can be done via both online and offline mode. Hence, applicants can pay the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or Challan.
|Category||General / BC / EBC||SC / ST / DQ|
|PCM/ PCA/ PCB/ CBA/ MCA/ MBA||Rs 1000||Rs 1100|
|PCMB||Rs 500||Rs 550|
|Image||Size||Dimensions||Dimensions and Pixel||Format|
|Photograph||less than 100 Kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||200 px X 250 px||.JPG/ .JPEG|
|less than 100 Kb||–||300 px X 100 px|
|Hindi Signature||less than 100 Kb||–||300 px X 100 px|
BCECE Admit Card 2021
The BCECE 2021 Hall Ticket is released on the Bihar Board Official Website (www.bcecebihar.gov.in). Candidates have to enter the Registration Number and Password to download it. In addition, candidates need to carry a copy of the admit card to the exam centre. The Admit Card consists of details such as the exam centre address, candidates’ name, roll number, exam date, and time. Moreover, a candidate must check for discrepancies before downloading it. In case of any discrepancy, you should immediately report to the authorities.
Exam Pattern of BCECE 2021
The BCECE Exam Pattern gives out information about the questions asked, marking scheme, subjects, and exam duration. It helps candidates prepare well for the exam.
- Exam Mode: Offline (OMR Based)
- Duration of Exam: 90 Minutes for each section of the paper
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions
- +4 marks are awarded for each correct response.
- Moreover, negative is applicable, hence 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect response.
Furthermore, the distribution table of marks is provided here for reference.
BCECE 2021 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for the Bihar Engineering Exam must be aware of the BCECE 2021 Syllabus. It helps to boost the preparation. In addition, candidates can get to know the important topics and sections through the syllabus. By looking at the syllabus, you can figure out what all topics should be given preference. Moreover, along with this, you should keep the marking scheme. The topics that carry more marks must be given preference. Further, aspirants of BCECE can check the subject-wise important topics below.
- Physical World & Measurement
- Electronic Devices
- Current Electricity
- Laws of Motion
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Communication Systems
- Energy & Power
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases & Liquids
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
- Redox Reactions
- Environmental Chemistry
- P-Block Elements
- S-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Sets & Functions
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability
- Relations & Functions
- Vectors & Three Dimensional Geometry
- Diversity in Living World
- Genetics & Evolution
- Cell: Structure & Function
- Structural Organization in Animals & Plants
- Biology & Human Welfare
- Plant physiology
BCECE 2021 Exam Centre
The details of the Exam Centre of BCECE 2021 are mentioned on the hall ticket. Furthermore, the list of exam centres is provided below.
BCECE 2021 Result
The Bihar Board declares the BCECE Exam Result 2021 in the form of a merit list. It helps the authorities in segregating candidates on the basis of merit. In addition, the rank list is prepared as per the student’s performance in JEE (Main) and NEET-UG for PCM and PCB course. Only the students who make it to the rank list are eligible for admission. Moreover, candidates of higher ranks are given preference. Furthermore, candidates need to enter the roll no. and date of birth to check their results. Candidates need to visit BCECEB Official Website to check the merit list result.
Colleges Accepting BCECE 2021 Scores
The list of colleges that offer admission through BCECE 2021 is provided below. However, note that it is as per the last years’ records. If new institutes are added to the admission offering list then that shall be updated here. Furthermore, candidates must check the cutoff marks of these colleges. It shall help you in predicting whether you can get admission to the desired college or not.
- GPI Gulzarbagh, Patna
- Gaya College of Engineering, Gaya
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering, Bhagalpur
- Nalanda College of Engineering, Chandi
- Motihari College of Engineering, Motihari
- Millia Institute of Technology, Purnea
- Darbhanga College of Engineering, Darbhanga
- Bihar College of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Azmet College of Engineering & Technology, Kishanganj
- Siwan Engineering & Technology Institute, Siwan
BCECE Counselling 2021
Only the merit list students can take part in the rounds of counselling. In addition, for BCECE 2021 Counselling candidates need to register first. They need to enter their college and course preferences. The allotment procedure is carried out as per the filled in choices only. Moreover, candidates are called for this admission round as per their merit list rank. The seats are further allotted as per the seat matrix, seat reservation criteria, and the choices filled in by the candidate.
Reservation of Seats
The Bihar Board reserves seats for the reserved category students. Candidates applying under these categories have to provide the relevant documents. Further, the percentage of seats reserved for each category is mentioned below.
|Reserved Categories||Reservation of Seats|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||16%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||01%|
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|RCG (Reserved Category Girls)||03%|
|UR (General Category)||50%|
List of Enclosures
- Marks Sheet and Admit Card of I.Sc. or equivalent examination (only Admit Card in the case of candidates appearing in the qualifying examination.)
- In case of appearing candidates in the qualifying examination, a certificate clearly mentioning the subjects and stating that the result of such examination has not been published
- Matric/ equivalent certificate and Admit Card as proof of age and Identity
- Caste certificate
- Income & Assets Certificate to be produced by Economically Weaker Section
- Character certificate
- Income certificate (If needed, to be submitted at the time of Counselling)
- Application Form (Part-A)
- Certificate for the native of Bihar
- Refugee Registration certificate
- Certificate showing that the applicant’s parent is an employee of the Govt. of Bihar
- A Certificate showing that the applicant’s parent is an employee of Govt of India and posted in Bihar or an employee of any Public Sector Undertaking of the Govt. of India and posted in Bihar.
- Certificate showing that the applicant’s parent is an employee of the United Nations Organisation and that he/ she is at present posted in Bihar
- Candidates who have not studied in Bihar but claim eligibility on the ground of permanent/ 10 years or more of continuous residence in Bihar in respect of their parents. In addition, such candidates need to provide a certificate from the Institution where he/ she is studying for the qualifying examination indicating the permanent address as recorded in the Admission Register of that Institution.
- Certificate for Servicemen’s Quota (SMQ), clearly mentioning the relationship of the candidate.
- Certificate for Disabled Quota (DQ)