AMU Mass Communication 2020: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is an Indian public central university. It was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan as Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College in 1875. The Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920. This college offers admission to Postgraduate programme in Mass Communication by conducting an entrance exam. The duration of the programme is 2 years (4 semesters) and the total number of seat intake is 30. To know in detail about AMU Mass Communication (Mass Com) Entrance Exam for the academic session 2020, read below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates and Updates
Candidates aspiring to apply for the entrance exam can go through the schedule mentioned below. Check the tentative dates from the tabular format:
|S. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1.||Release of online Application Form||January 2020|
|2.||Last day to register online||March 2020|
|3.||Application Form correction window starts from||March 2020|
|4.||Application Form correction window Closes on||March 2020|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||April 2020|
|6.||AMU (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2019||May 2020|
|7.||Declaration of Result||June 2020|
AMU Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The official examination conducting authority has released a set of eligibility criteria for the aspirants who are willing to get admission into the university. Candidate must ensure the eligibility before filling the online application form of AMU Entrance Exam 2020. The eligibility criteria to apply for AMU Mass Communication 2020 is provided in the table below.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Age Criteria||There is no age criteria to apply for AMU (MassCom) Entrance Exam 2020.|
|2.||Nationality||Indian Citizens, International candidates including PIO and NRI|
|3.||Academic Qualification||A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with not less than 50% is mandatory. Students awaiting their degree examination results are eligible to apply for admission to the AMU. Enrolled students should provide their degree certificate to the Registrar within the first week of commencement of classes.|
AMU Mass Communication Application Form
The students must fill AMU Mass Com Application form, they have to apply in the online mode only.
Things to be kept ready in hand before filling up the application form:
- Scanned copy of coloured Photo with the white background, Signature, and Thumb Impression (Left Hand Thumb Impression for every candidate) of the Candidate in JPG format ONLY. The file size of each should be between 20KB to 100KB
- Mobile number and Email address.
- Online Banking details/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Details of the qualifying examination
For online Application process: Step by step guide to fill up the application form is provided below:
- Click on the AMU 2020 ‘Online Application Form’ link given on the top of this page.
- Fill in the details in the AMU 2020 application form that are given below.
- Personal details -Educational qualification, partial scholarship, computer skills, course preference, choice of the test centre and other details.
- Candidates also have to upload a scanned (digital) image of their recent colour passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression in JPEG/ PNG format (file size should be between 20-100 KB).
- Candidates have to pay the fee of amount Rs. 400/- online via debit card/ credit card or net banking or before the deadline.
- Submission and printout of application form:
After paying the application fee, applicants must accept the “declare” option and submit the application form. The filled up the application form in the form of PDF will be generated on the screen. Candidates are instructed to download and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Correction in AMU Mass Communication Application Form 2020
If an applicant has committed any mistake while filling up the application form, they can edit/ make changes in the application form. Registered candidates have to enter username and password in order to make necessary changes in their application form.
AMU Mass Communication Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2020
Candidates who will successfully apply for the exam, they can access their Admit Card in online mode by clicking on the link “AMU Mass Com Hall Ticket 2020”. The registered candidates can access the hall ticket by entering the valid application number and selecting the respective course. Admit card contains the exam centre details, important guidelines and other details. The applicants must carry the printout of admit card on the day of examination.
AMU Mass Communication Exam Pattern
Every candidate who is going to appear for the exam must be aware of the exam pattern. The exam pattern of any examination includes information about the exam like the mode of the exam, marking scheme, the duration and the types of questions and the number of questions. Those who are going to take AMU Mass Com Entrance Exam 2020 and starting off with the preparation for it, they must have a look at the exam pattern given below:
|1)||AMU Mass Com Entrance Exam 2019||June 2020|
|2)||Mode of Exam||Offline (pen paper test)|
|3)||Medium of Question paper||English|
|4)||Duration of Exam||2 Hours (starts form 10AM)|
|6)||Type of Question||40 objective type questions on General Awareness and 4 descriptive type questions on Communicative Skills.|
AMU Mass Communication Result 2020
The AMU Mass Communication Result 2020 will be announced on at the official website. The candidates who appeared in the test can access the result by entering the application number and date of birth. Based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the test, the official authority determines the cut-offs and prepares a merit list. The result or scorecard contains the marks obtained in the entrance test.
AMU Entrance Exam 2020 Cut-off
As per to the official notification, the official authority will determine a cut-off for AMU Mass Com Entrance Exam 2020 after the test gets over. They will set a definite cut-off mark for the test. The candidates who score equal to more than the cut-off mark, only they will be called for the interview.
AMU Mass Communication Counselling and seat allotment process
The candidates can participate in AMU Counselling 2020 based on the Entrance test score and performance in the interview. Candidates can check their seat allotment by logging in to the official website. The shortlisted candidate must report to the institute in person along with the list of documents for verification.
- Class 10th Certificate or equivalent (as a proof of Date of Birth).
- Documents for a relaxing period of residency
- Certificate for reserved category (if applicable)
- Certificate of residence for address proof
- School/College leaving certificate
- Character certificate from the school last attended
- Class 12th Marks Sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Income Certificate for the Tuition Fee waiver
- Copy of AMU Mass Com Entrance Exam Admit Card
- Graduation mark-sheets and certificates
- Printout of AMU Mass Com Entrance Exam Application Form 2020
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
Aligarh Muslim University
Address: Administrative Block, AMU
Aligarh – 202002 (UP) – INDIA
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone Number: 0571-2700935 / 0571-2706152
Email ID: [email protected]