AMU Application Form 2020: The AMU Application Form process was started on 16th January 2020. AMU offers various UG courses. Candidates earlier who wish to pursue their undergrad at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), applied for the AMU Entrance Exam as the AMU 2020 Application Form process is over. Candidates need to enter the valid credentials to log in the account and make the correction.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Then, the Candidates will have to upload images and make the application fee payment. The applicants must make sure which course they are appying for as AMU offers 12 faculties namely Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences, law, Management Studies and Research, Theology, Yunani and Social Sciences.
In this article, readers will learn all about the Application Form of AMU, its release dates, applying procedure, and other important details.
AMU Brochure 2020– Click here
AMU Application Form (Foreign Nationals/ NRI Category)– Apply here
About AMU Application Form 2020
- The AMU Application Form 2020 is to be filled online from the official website of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
- AMU 2020 Application Form is released for the Entrance Examination for as much as 12 different courses.
AMU Application Form 2020 Releasing Dates
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has released the AMU Application Forms on 16th January 2020. Candidates can follow up on the schedule that has been given below.
|Courses||AMU Application Form Release Date 2020|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)|| |
Form extended till 3rd Oct (4th to 9th October with late fee of Rs 500)
|B.Tech / B.Arch|
|M.B.A / M.B.A (I.B)|
How To Apply For AMU 2020 Entrance Exam?
Candidates can follow up with the following steps to apply for AMU 2020 Entrance Exam:
Step 1 – Registration
- The candidate should register online and provide his/ her correct and functional email because the username and password etc. will be sent on this email.
- Candidates will have to pick a username and enter a password.
- Candidates should sign in using this username and password and in case he/she forgets the password, then the candidate may request a password reset.
Step 2 – Updating the Profile
- Candidates should fill in the application form carefully
- The Candidates must fill-up the Username, Email, Name, Alternate Email, Aadhar No., Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile No., Alternate Mobile Number, Correspondence Address, Permanent Address, Nationality, Religion, whether Hostel Accommodation is required.
Step 3 – Updating Educational Qualification
- Candidate should fill details of his/ her educational qualifications by providing the name of all examinations passed, including qualifying examination, year of passing, Examination Roll No., University/ Board from where passed, and the percentage/ CGPA obtained.
- If the result of examination (including qualifying examination) is awaited, fill in all the columns except marks column and write “RA” in the Results column
Step 4 – Uploading Photo, Signature, and Thumb Impression
- Candidate should have scanned copy of his/ her latest front facing good quality coloured Photo with white background, signature & Thumb Impression (Left Thumb Impression only) in JPG/ JPEG format ONLY for uploading on the website
- Candidate should not upload the photo, signature or thumb impression of any other person as any mismatch may result in cancellation of his/ her Application/ Admission at any stage, even if he/ she qualified for admission.
- The size of images must not exceed 40 KB.
- The candidate will ensure to keep 10 hard copies of the uploaded photo with him/ her as the same will be needed at the time of admission if the candidate is selected.
- Documents to be uploaded by the candidate – Scanned copy of date of birth certificate/High School Certificate of the candidate; a Scanned copy of Marks-sheet/ grade-sheet of qualifying examination; a Scanned copy of documents in support of a claim under a special category, if any;
|Left Thumb Impression||(5-40 KB)||(3.5×1.5)cm||JPG/JPEG|
Step 5 – Making Payments
- This step has two components- Application & Payment: (i) Filling specific Application details for the respective course and (ii) Payment of Test Fee/ Processing charges online.
- Test fee/ Processing fee is to be paid ONLINE only. The candidate should keep ready his/her Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card details and follow the instructions available on the website to make payment.
- It is to be ensured that the correct amount of processing charges is displayed on the generated PDF. If not then follow Refresh Payment by visiting the Dashboard/ Home menu and generate the PDF again with the correct amount.
Step 6 – Application Submission
- The Application Form is submitted automatically as soon as the candidates make the application fee payment.
- Candidates then are advised to take print outs of the application form on A4 size sheets for future reference.
AMU Eligibility Criteria 2020
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has prepared the AMU Eligibility Criteria for the candidates who are interested in applying for the AMU. The eligibility criterion has been separately given for each of the faculty that Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has to offer.
Given below is the Eligibility Criteria for submitting the AMU Application Form 2020.
|Agricultural Sciences||For B.Sc (Hons.) Home Science- SSC or equivalent with at least 55% marks in aggregate of English and three subjects amongst Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Home Science.|
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture- SSC in Agriculture or in Science (PCMB)or an equivalent examination with 45% marks in aggregate.
|Arts||For B.A. (Hons.)- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate of English and the concerned subject for which candidate is applying.|
For B.F.A.- Senior Secondary School Certificate or it is equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate
|K.A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies||For B.A. (Quranic Studies)- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate of English and the concerned subject for the candidate is applying.|
|Commerce||For B.Com (Hons.)- SSC or an equivalent examination with not less than 55% marks in aggregate in commerce stream along with English as one language|
|Engineering and Technology||For B.Tech.- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCM along with English as one language.|
For B.Arch.- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCM along with English as one language.
B.E. (Evening)- Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch with 50% marks in aggregate.
|International Studies||For B.A. (Foreign languages)- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Law||For B.A.LL.B- SSC or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.|
|Life Sciences||For B.Sc. (Hons.)- SSC or an equivalent examination with 55% marks in aggregate in PCMB along with English as one of the language. For admission to B.sc. (Hons.) with Zoology/Botany, the candidate should have passed Biology at the qualifying examination.|
|Medicine||For M.B.B.S./ B.D.S.- SSC or an equivalent examination. The candidate must have secured 50% marks in aggregate in PCB. NEET score will also be taken but only of the registered candidates.|
For Bachelor of Radiation Therapy Technology (BRTT)- SSC or an equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate in PCB.
|Science||For B.Sc. (Hons.)- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 55% marks in aggregate in English and PCMB|
|Social Sciences||For B.A. (Hons.)- SSC or an equivalent examination with at least 55% marks in aggregate of English and any of the social sciences subject.|
For B.P.Ed- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the discipline.
For B.Ed.- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate or Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
B.LibI.Sc.- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or Bachelor’s degree having 45% marks with at least 50% marks in Masters.