AIPVT 2018: AIPVT is an acronym for All India Pre-Veterinary Test. Earlier, Veterinary Council of India (VCI) used to conduct AIPVT but now it only conducts online centralized counselling for admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science & (B.V.Sc) & Animal Husbandry (A.H) Courses based on NEET exam score. AIPVT 2018 examination has been replaced by NEET 2018 exam. Now, admission of candidates to veterinary colleges of participating states will be based on the NEET 2018 exam score.
For admission to 15% all India quota seats (i.e 434 seats), counselling will be conducted by VCI and for rest of the 85% seats, participating states conduct their own counselling. Participating states will prepare their own ranking based on All India/State wise merit list of candidates of NEET 2018. The duration of B.V.Sc. & A.H degree course is five and half years including a compulsory rotating internship of one-year duration.
- 1 Seat Matrix
- 2 AIPVT Counselling Date 2018
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for AIPVT 2018
- 4 AIPVT 2018 Application Form
- 5 AIPVT 2018 Application fee for Counselling
- 6 VCI Participating Institute 2018
- 7 AIPVT 2018 Seat Reservation
- 8 AIPVT Result 2018
- 9 Counselling For AIPVT Admission 2018
- 10 Seat Allotment of AIPVT 2018 Admission
- 11 Documents Verification
- 12 FAQ about AIPVT 2018
|1.||Total seats in veterinary colleges||2735|
|2.||Total number of seats (States)||2301|
|3.||Total number of seats (all India)||434|
AIPVT Counselling Date 2018
|1.||Online Registration for counselling||11 September 2018 (18.00 HRS)
13 September 2018 (14.00 HRS)
|2.||Processing and allocation of seats||13 September 2018 (14.00 HRS)
14 September 2018 (18.00 HRS)
|3.||Issuance of allocation letter to the candidates and the allotted Veterinary Colleges||14th September 2018 (19.00 HRS)|
|4.||Reporting to the allotted Colleges by the candidates||Immediate|
Eligibility Criteria for AIPVT 2018
Before participating in the counseling procedure of AIPVT 2018, Candidates must go through eligibility criteria set by the Veterinary Council of India. Candidates applying for admission into B.V.Sc. & A.H degree course must meet the following eligibility criteria.
Following are the main eligibility criteria related to age, citizenship, qualifying examination, qualifying marks and subject combination
|S.No||Particulars||Required Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Nationality||Candidates should be Indian Nationals. The candidates from State of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course under 15% All India quota since the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 have not been extended to the State of Jammu & Kashmir|
|2.||Age||Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before the 31st December 2018. Further, maximum age should not exceed 25 years on or before 31.12.2018.
There shall be a relaxation of maximum age by five years for Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates.
|3.||NEET Exam 2018||Candidates must have appeared in NEET exam 2018.|
|4.||Qualifying Examination||For General category: Candidate must have passed the class 12th with and qualify in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English (as a core course) with 50% aggregate marks from the recognized board or an examination equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
For SC/ST/PwD category: In respect of candidates belonging to the SC /ST /PwD or other category of students as specified by the Government, marks required for admission shall be 5% less than that prescribed for general category i.e 47.5 %
AIPVT 2018 Application Form
In order to participate in the counselling and admission procedure of AIPVT 2018, the candidate must register and fill up the counselling application form. Before filling up the AIPVT 2018 Application Form, candidates must know the required eligibility criteria for AIPVT 2018 Admission.
How to register and fill up the online application form for AIPVT 2018
- Go to the official website http://www.vci.nic.in/forms/default.aspx
- Fill on the details on the Registration page and complete filling your personal and educational details in the AIPVT Application Form.
- Once the registration is completed, note down the registration number generated on the screen.
- Upload the required documents in the specified format.
- Pay the AIPVT 2018 Application Fee either via Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking or by e-challan.
- Then take a printout of the “Confirmation Page” after a successful transaction.
AIPVT 2018 Application fee for Counselling
|S.No||Category||Application Fee(Rs)||Application Fees with late fee(Rs)|
|1.||General/OBC||1500||(1500+750) = 2250|
|2.||SC/ST/PH||750||(750+750) = 1500|
VCI Participating Institute 2018
There is total 40 number of colleges participate in the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) counselling. Registered candidates are allotted seats in one of the participating institute of VCI. To have a look at the participating institute, applicant can visit the following link http://aipvt.vci.nic.in/Documents/COUNSELLING_IB2017.pdf
AIPVT 2018 Seat Reservation
As per the reservation policy of Government of India, a definite number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to categories other than general. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of AIPVT 2018 reservation of seats. Reservation of seats for AIPVT 2018 for different categories are as follows
Reservation of Seats in Veterinary Colleges under 15% All India Quota
|S.No||Category||Percentage of seat reserved|
|1.||Scheduled caste (SC)||15%|
|2.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|3.||Other Backward Class (OBC) with non creamy layer||27%|
|4.||Physically disabled candidates (PWD)||3% (horizontal reservation)|
AIPVT Result 2018
Result for AIPVT 2018 is announced on the basis of ranks and marks obtained in the NEET 2018 exam. Candidate can check the result by visiting the official website which will be tentatively available on 14th September 2018. The result will have the detail of allotted College to candidates as per his/her merit of choice and rank made while filling up the application form.
Counselling For AIPVT Admission 2018
The online counselling of AIPVT 2018 for admission to B.V.Sc.& A.H. degree course under 15% seats in recognized Veterinary Colleges on All India basis shall be conducted by VCI and College shall be allotted to the candidate according to the choice and availability of seat and his/ her rank obtained in the NEET 2018 exam. The candidates are advised to visit Council’s website. Candidates can view their name and college alloted to him/her by visiting the official website. There shall not be any re-counselling of the candidate who has been allotted seat in any particular college.
Seat Allotment of AIPVT 2018 Admission
The seats will be allotted to candidates for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course in the recognized Veterinary Colleges according to their rank obtained in NEET exam 2018 and in order of choices of college opted by them and availability of seats under the particular category. In the matter of allotment of the seat of the candidate to respective College/Institution, the decision of VCI shall be final. After allocation of the seat, there is no provision for re-counselling and change of seat. The candidate shall have to report for admission to BVSc & AH course at the allotted Veterinary College immediately and submit the joining report to VCI through e-mail/by post.
Documents required for verification at the allotted college at the time of reporting for admission.
Candidates have to report to allotted Veterinary Colleges immediately along with the following documents so as to complete admission formalities.
- Copy of VCI counseling registration confirmation page downloaded from official website.
- Downloaded copy of application form of NEET 2018.
- Admit Card of NEET 2018 issued by CBSE for appearing in the NEET Examination.
- Rank Card of NEET UG – 2018issued by CBSE.
- Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Ration Card & Passport as the case may be written in the Application
- Form of NEET 2018 (any one of the ID is required as mentioned in NEET application).
- Date of Birth Certificate if Secondary School Examination Certificate does not have the same.
- Secondary School Examination or equivalent Certificate
- 10+2 Mark Sheet (Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet)
- 10+2 Certificate or Provisional Certificate (Qualifying Examination Certificate)Provisional Certificate is permissible for those candidates who had passed in the year 2018 only.
- Character Certificate from the School or College last attended.
- Six passport size coloured Photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET 2018 application form) and One Postcard size coloured photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET 2018).