Tamil Nadu is a state that houses a lot of medical and dental colleges. For all the candidates who want to seek admission to the medical colleges of Tamil Nadu can take part in the admission process that is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu. The admission to aspiring candidates who wish to do the undergraduate course of Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery (MBBS) will have to first take the national level medical examination i.e. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). According to the Medical Council of India (MCI), around 6000 seats are available in medical private and medical colleges of Tamil Nadu. All interested candidates must first take the NEET examination and then register separately for Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission that will begin in the 3rd week of June after the NEET results have been declared.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Please note that there is no entrance examination conducted by the committee DTE, Tamil Nadu for admissions. The NEET score of the Candidate will be considered to provide admissions to the medical and dental colleges of Tamil Nadu whether established by the central government, state government, university, deemed university, trust, society, company, minority institutions or corporation. Admission to 85% state quota seats will be done through NEET score whereas admission to 15% seats under All India Quota will be done by Directorate General of Health Services under the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). To know more about the TN MBBS admission for the academic year of 2018-19, have a look at the article below.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Important Dates and Updates
The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu has released the application form in online mode. Candidates need to download the application form in PDF format. The date of events for the MBBS Counselling 2018 has been also released. Information related to the same is provided below. To apply and download the TN MBBS Application Form – Visit the application form section below.
Aspiring candidates who are going to take part in the admission procedure must know all the dates related to the events of the Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2018. Knowing all the tentative and announced dates will help the candidates to not miss out on any crucial event. Have a look at the important dates below:
|Date of Notification||10th June 2018|
|Commencement for sale of application||11th June 2018|
|Last date for issue of application||18th June 2018 (up to 5pm)|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application||19th June 2018 (5 pm)|
|Address to which the filled in application along with enclosures are to be sent||THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE,|
No. 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH
ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
|Expected date for declaration of Rank List||3rd week of August 2018|
|Tentative Dates of counselling *|
|07.07.2018 to 10.07.2018|
22.07.2018 to 24.07.2018
Schedule will be hosted on the website after the completion of II round of All India counselling.
|Commencement of courses||01.08.2018|
|Closure of admission||18.08.2018|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Eligibility Criteria
Prior to filling up the application form of Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2018, candidates must make sure that they are eligible to apply for the admissions in the first place. The eligibility criteria are conditions set by the admission conducting authority based on certain parameters like age, nationality, educational qualifications, etc.
Candidates must meet all these criteria listed below:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He/she must be of 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018.
- Candidate must have studied class 8th – 12th from a school in Tamil Nadu.
- Such candidates will be required to produce a nativity certificate.
- Applicant must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates need to have minimum 50% marks (45% marks for OC/BCM/BC/MBC/DC) in an aggregate of Botany and Zoology as well as at least 50% marks (45% marks for OC/BCM/BC/MBC/DC) each in Physics and Chemistry subjects. Also, the averagely weighted marks of Botany+Zoology and Physics, Chemistry must be more than 140 out of 200. For OBC and BC Muslims, the marks should be 130 out of 200, for BC and Denotified Category, the marks should be 120 out of 200 and for SC/ST/SCA should be 80 out of 200.
Application Form of Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2018
The Tamil Nadu MBBS Application Form 2018 admissions will be released in the 3rd week of June 2018 for download in the online mode. The application form can be bought offline also at the participating medical colleges. Only one application form will be accepted from one candidate. All the application forms will contain a unique application number that needs to be kept safe. Prior to filling up the application form, candidates must read all the instructions carefully. After filling up the application form, all candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs.500 through demand draft drawn in the favor of ‘Secretary Selection Committee Chennai’ before the last date of submission. The filled up application form has to be posted along with the other required documents and the demand draft. The applicants belonging to the reserved categories of SC, ST and SCA are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates must adhere to all the eligibility criteria to fill up the application form.
To download the application form of TN MBBS Counselling 2018- Click Here
The list of documents that have to be attached along with the application form are listed below:
- HSC Mark sheet or any other equivalent examination mark sheet
- class 10th Mark sheet
- Certificate for proof of study from VIII standard to XII standard
- Transfer certificate
- class 12th examination Admit card
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card
- Special category form(s) with Demand Drafts and relevant certificates (if applicable)
- First graduate certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate belonging to ST category must produce Community Certificate (Community Certificate obtained from other State will not be accepted, thus, candidates will be given admission under general category).
Normalization of Marks
As per the Tamil Nadu Admissions bill, the concerned authority before publishing the merit list will be equating marks of the candidates that have passed from different state boards with marks of the candidates from Tamil Nadu state boards through the process of normalization:
- If the maximum marks obtained by the candidates of Tamil Nadu State Board in Physics is 100 and the highest mark secured by other Board candidates in Physics is 90 marks, then the highest marks for both boards will be considered equal to 100 marks.
- If Other Board candidates secures 60 marks in Physics when the first mark in Physics in the same board is 90, the 60 marks will be considered to be equal to 66.66 marks as arrived – 100×60/90 = 66.66%
- After the normalization of marks in each subject, all the names of eligible candidates will be put under a common merit list.
- In case of candidates who have qualified from national level boards like CBSE or ICSE, the highest marks obtained by a candidate at the national level will be considered.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List
The concerned authority of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 admissions will release the merit list for the 85% state quota. The merit list will contain the names of all those candidates who will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure. These candidates will be the ones belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu. The Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit list will be prepared keeping in mind the NEET score of the candidate. All those candidates whose names are not there on the merit list will not be eligible for counseling. Those candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be sent a call letter for counseling.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Selection Procedure and Counselling
The merit list will be prepared after calculating the high school marks of the candidate from 200. after the merit list has been published, candidates will be sent a call letter. The candidates who are appearing for the counseling must first download the call letter. The counselling will be held in offline mode where eligible candidates must be physically present. For counselling, candidates have to register on the concerned website and pay the counselling fee. The seats will be allotted after the completion of the document verification round. The seat allocation will be done on the basis of NEET rank secured by the candidates, choice-filled and availability of seats. After seat allotment, candidates are required to report to the allotted college for completing the admission formalities.