Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, which is popularly known as the SASTRA university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in various streams like engineering, science, education, etc. The University conducts admission to Bachelors in Technology course every year. The admission is based on the JEE Main score of the candidate and the qualifying examination. SASTRA University was the first institution to get the ‘Deemed University’ status in Tamil Nadu. All the candidates interested in pursuing B. Tech in the colleges affiliated to the university will be required to take the JEE Main exam first. The SASTRA 2019 Admissions will commence in the month of June 2018. Please note that the SASTRA University does not conduct any entrance exam. Aspirants will be required to take part in the counselling procedure to be a part of SASTRA Admissions 2018. get more details in this article.
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|UPES University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennet University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|CGC Landran 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates who are planning to participate in the admission procedure must make sure that they know the full details as well as the important dates of all the events related to the admission procedure. By Knowing the dates, candidates will be able to keep a track of all the dates and won’t miss out on any important date. SASTRA Admissions 2019 dates are given in the table below:
Availability of Application Form
|March 25, 2018|
Last date to submit the form
|June 9, 2018 (5 PM)|
Publication of Rank List
|June 9, 2018 (9 PM)|
|June 21, 22, 23 & 24 2018|
Commencement of classes
|First week of July 2018|
The SASTRA University will follow the below given procedure for admissions to take place:
Stream 1 –
- JEE Main 2018 score and normalized score of 10+2 will be taken together for admission under this stream.
- JEE Main 2018 score will carry 25% weightage and the 10+2 will carry 75% weightage.
- Both the scores combined will be considered to prepare the rank list and candidates will be called for the admission procedure based on the rank list.
- Only 70% of seats will be filled under stream 1.
Stream 2 –
- Candidates will be considered for admission based on the 10+2 scores or any other equivalent examination score.
- 30% of seats will be filled under stream 2.
Eligibility Criteria of SASTRA B. Tech Admissions
Prior to applying for the B.Tech Admissions of SASTRA 2018, candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the university. The eligibility criteria are based on certain parameters like the education qualification, marks obtained, etc and all candidates must possess the minimum eligibility criteria in order to take part in the admission procedure.
The SASTRA 2018 Eligibility criteria are listed below:
- The applicant should be less than 19 years of age as on 1st August 2018.
- The candidate must have passed class 10+2 equivalent examination from a recognized board or any other board accepted by SASTRA.
- The candidate should have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and third subject from any one of the following – Chemistry/ Bio‐Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology.
- Candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/ Bio‐Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology.
- Candidates must have Appeared in JEE Main 2018 for stream 1.
SASTRA 2018 Application Form
The SASTRA 2018 Application Form has been released in both online and offline mode on 25th March 2018. The Online application for the admission has been made available on the official website of SASTRA University i.e. http://www.sastra.edu/. The offline application form for all the candidates is also available at the university campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam from the selected branches of City Union Bank. Candidates will be required to fill the correct details and submit the application form by uploading the scanned images of their photograph and signature. Each candidate will be required to fill the application form and also pay the application form in the form of a demand draft or through net banking. The application fee is Rs 600 and the DD must be sent to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
SASTRA B. Tech Rank List
The rank list of SASTRA B. Tech 2018 Admissions will be published online on 9th June 2018. Separate merit list will be released for stream 1 and stream 2. Candidates listed in under the rank list of the stream will be called for admission to fill the 70% seats. Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling session if their names appear on the rank list.
SASTRA 2018 Counselling
The candidates will be required to register themselves for the counselling. The counselling will be conducted in the offline mode and all the registered candidates will be required to be present physically for the counselling. The counselling of SASTRA 2018 will be held for both the streams. The counselling will commence from June 21, 22, 23 & 24 2018. Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their performance in JEE Main and normalized scores of the candidate. There will be more than one rounds of counselling depending on the number of vacant seats after each round of counselling. All the shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the counselling session with the necessary documents listed below:
- 10+2th standard equivalent mark sheet
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card
- Demand Draft in favor of SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Transfer Certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
Tuition Fee of SASTRA
The Tuition fees for B.Tech Admissions 2018 of SASTRA University are given below. Candidates will be required to pay this fees once their admission is confirmed.
Amount (In Rs)
|Tuition fees per semester (There will be 5% annual increase from second year)|
|Sports and Unit Test Fees (Annual)|
|Development Fees (One Time)|
|One-time payment inclusive of special fees, registration fees, medical fees|
Programmes offered at SASTRA
The following programmes will be offered under the B. Tech Course at the SASTRA Deemed University.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering