Odisha Joint Entrance Exam Committee (OJEEC) is conducting the OJEE 2020 Exam. Interested candidates can check the norms and patterns for the exam in this article. OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 is a detail that candidates will be benefited by acquainting themselves with it before appearing in the OJEE 2020 Exam. OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 includes details such as exam mode, duration of exam, number of sections, distribution of questions, marking scheme, and so on. Also, for the preparation of the OJEE 2020 Exam, candidates should be thorough with the OJEE Exam Syllabus. The syllabus includes topics to be read for the exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, read about the OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern, OJEE 2020 Syllabus, and some OJEE Preparation Tips.
OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
In this section, OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 is laid down in accordance with its sub-parameters. Candidates can check the Exam Mode, Exam Duration, Number of Sections, Distribution of Questions, Marking Scheme, Nature of Questions, and so on.
|Title||OJEE Exam Pattern 2020|
|OJEE 2020 Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Examination Language Medium||English|
|Exam Duration||Subject to Question Paper Selected|
|Total Number of Questions||Subject to Question Paper Selected|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Answering Mode||Choice Selection (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology|
|Distribution of Questions||Subject to Question Paper Selected|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer – 4 marks|
|Wrong Answer – Negative 1 mark|
Subject-Wise OJEE Pattern 2020
There are several different exams that the candidate can apply for. Each of these will have varied OJEE Exam Pattern 2020. The Subject-wise OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 is as given below.
|S. No.||Question Paper Name||OJEE Exam Pattern 2020|
|1||B. Pharmacy||There will be two paper combination|
PCM and PCB – Select either
The exam will be for 3 hours duration.
Total of 135 questions
|2||Lateral Entry to B Tech||120 questions, 2 hours duration (Engineering Math, Engineering Mechanics and Basic Electrical Engineering, 40 each)|
|3||LE Pharmacy||60 questions from D Pharm course, 1-hour duration|
|4||LE BSc||60 questions, 1-hour duration, (Mathematics-30, Physics-15, and Chemistry-15 questions)|
- It is to be noted that if a candidate has not attempted any question from Physics & Chemistry but attempted Biology or Mathematics, then he/she will be disqualified and will not be awarded any rank. Similarly, a candidate who has attempted questions from Physics & Chemistry but not attempted either Biology or Mathematics will be disqualified and will not be awarded any rank.
- Candidates seeking admission to the B. Pharmacy course shall have to appear Physics, Chemistry (45 questions in each subject), and Mathematics (45 questions) or Biology (45 questions). The duration of the examination is of 3 hours. The ranking will be done on the basis of marks obtained either in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 – OJEE Syllabus
For Pharmacy, there will be 3 sections with 45 question each, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. The Syllabus for B Pharm is as follows.
|Measurements and Motion|
|Heat & Thermodynamics|
|Characteristics of Materials|
|Electricity & Magnetism|
|Relativity and Nuclear Physics|
|General behaviour of matter|
|Atoms and molecules|
|Structure of atoms and molecules|
|Chemical energetics, equilibrium and kinetics|
|Types of chemical reaction|
|Metals and metallurgy|
|Chemistry in the service of mankind|
|Algebra of sets|
|Determinants and matrices|
|Co-ordinate geometry of two dimensions|
|Coordinate geometry of three dimensions|
|Sequence and Series|
|Probability and statistics|
|Diversity of plant life|
|Morphology of angiosperms|
|Taxonomy of flowering plants|
|Cell: Structure and function|
|Continuity of life|
|Recombinant DNA and Tissue culture technique|
|Complexities of plant life|
|Processes in plants|
|Common plant diseases|
|Diversity of Animal life|
|Morphology of Animals|
|Histology of Animals|
|Locomotion of Animals|
|Physiology of Animals|
|Respiration of Animals|
|Circulation of Animals|
|Control and Co-ordination|
|Human Endocrine System|
|Animal Reproduction and Human Development|
|Biology in Human welfare (Elementary idea)|
For Lateral Entry Stream, there will be 3 sections with 40 questions each, i.e. Engineering Math, Engineering Mechanics, and Basic Electrical Engineering. The syllabus for Lateral Entry is as follow.
|BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING|
|Fundamentals||Concept of Source and Load, Ohm’s Law, Concept of resistance, Series and Parallel DC circuits, Kirchhoff’s Laws, Faraday’s Laws of Electromagnetic Induction, Fleming’s Left 7 Hand Rule and Right Hand Rule.|
|AC Theory||Generation of alternating emf, Difference between DC and AC, Amplitude, Cycle, Time period, Frequency, Phase, Phase Angle, Phase Difference, Instantaneous value, RMS value, Average value, Amplitude factor and Form factor, Phasor diagram representation of AC values, AC through pure resistance, inductance and capacitance, AC through RL, RC and RLC circuits, Impedance Triangle and Power Triangle.|
|Generation of Electrical Power||Principle of operation of different electrical power generating plants such as Thermal, Hydro-Electric and Nuclear power plants with their block diagrams, Concept of single phase Transformer and its application.|
|Conversion of Electrical Energy||Machine and its main parts. Generators: Principle of operation and emf equation. Motors: Principle of operation, classification, torque equation and applied voltage V-back emf Eb relation. Starters used for DC motors. Use of different types of DC generators and motors. Principle of operation of three-phase and single-phase induction motors. Types and use of three-phase and single-phase induction motors.|
|Wiring and Power billing||Types of wiring and their comparison, Layout of household wiring (single line diagram), Basic protective devices in household wiring, Calculation of Power used in small electrical appliances and installation, Calculation of Energy consumption in small electrical installations, Earthing installation, types (Pipe and Plate earthing) and uses.|
|Measuring Instruments||Introduction to measuring instruments, Expression for Torque in measuring instruments, Use of PMMC and MI type of instruments (Ammeters and Voltmeters). Connection diagram of AC/DC ammeter, voltmeter, energy meter and wattmeter for single phase electrical system only.|
|Storage Devices||Introduction to storage devices and their types. Charging, Discharging and Maintenance of Lead Acid battery.|
|Force and Moments|
|Center of Gravity and Moment of Inertia|
|Simple Lifting Machine|
|Simple Stress and Strain|
OJEE Exam Scheme 2020 – Sample Questions
- If we dip capillary tubes of different radii r in water and water rises to different height h in them, then.
(A) h/2 = constant
(B) h/r = constant
(C) hr = constant
(D) hr2 = constant
- The drug taxol is obtained from the bark of
(A) Pacific Yew
- The number of different types of F-S-F bond angles in SF4 are
- The integral (1 x) dx 2 0 ò − equals:
OJEE 2020 Exam Preparation Tips
Know beforehand the OJEE Exam Patten 2020 and OJEE Syllabus. Once acquainted with the OJEE Exam Pattern 2020 and Syllabus, come up with a nice set of strategies.
- Candidates must know the correct and full syllabus of OJEE 2020.
- With the syllabus, candidates can collect the right study material. There are a lot of books and sample papers that are available for the preparation of OJEE.
- The candidates can take the sample tests that will be available in the online mode on various websites. This will help the candidates in understanding the CBT environment.
- For effective preparation every day, students must make a timetable on a daily basis. This will help in time management of the day.
- Candidates must cover all the topics and understand each concept.
- After completing the syllabus, candidates must revise all the chapters.