OJEE ( Odisha Joint Entrance Exam) is a state-controlled centralized exam conducted for admission to the various government as well private institutes in Odisha. Candidates interested in MCA, MBA, PGDM, PGCM, M. Pharma and M. Tech courses could apply for OJEE 2018. It must be however be noted that B.Tech and MBBS have been removed from OJEE 2018 with the introduction of JEE ( Main) and NEET. OJEE, referred to as Odisha JEE is also the common entrance exam for students who are interested in B. Tech lateral entry. Admission to MBBS, BDS and B. Tech first year will be done on the basis of a candidate’s JEE Main and NEET scores respectively.
New notification regarding the Document verification and Odia Test for the OL category candidates has been released. Read the notification here.
Those candidates who have not taken the JEE Main 2018 will be taking a Special OJEE Exam for B. Tech admission in Odisha known as the 2nd/Special OJEE. Get full details and dates here.
OJEE 2018 Registration and choice filling has begun from 18th June 2018. Click here for the link.
OJEE 2018 Step by step counselling procedure has been released. The notice for candidates eligible for ex-serviceman quota has been issued. View all details Here
OJEE 2018 results declared – Check in the section below
OJEE 2018 answer keys of B.Pharm and Lateral Entry to B.Tech have also been released! Get the link below.
The OJEE 2018 Answer key has been released online on 17th May 2018. Get the Answer key links of all courses below.
- B Pharm – Click here
- LETech – Click Here
- Intl MBA Answer Keys – Click here
- MBA Answer Keys – Click here
- MCA Answer Keys – Click here
- LE MCA – Click here
- LE B.Sc – Click here
- LE Pharm – Click here
- MPharm – Click here
- MPLAN – Click here
- PGAT Civil Engg – Click here
- PGAT Architecture – Click here
- PGAT Biotech – Click here
- PGAT Chemical – Click here
- PGAT Computer Sc. – Click here
- PGAT Electrical – Click here
- PGAT Electronics – Click here
- PGAT Environmental – Click here
- PGAT MECH – Click here
- PGAT Metalurgical – Click here
- PGAT Plastic – Click here
- PGAT Textile – Click here
- 1 OJEE 2018 Timetable
- 2 OJEE 2018 Counselling And Seat Allotment
- 3 OJEE Results 2018 Evaluation
- 4 Highlights Of OJEE Results 2018
- 5 OJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 6 Admit Card of OJEE 2018
- 7 OJEE 2018 Category Wise Seat Reservation
- 8 OJEE 2018 Application Details And Fees
- 9 OJEE 2018 Application Form Fees
- 10 OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern And Marks Allotted
- 11 OJEE 2018 Exam Syllabus
- 12 OJEE 2018 Cut Off
- 13 FAQS
OJEE 2018 Timetable
Interested candidates are requested to go through the table given below to keep themselves in sync with the upcoming events and their scheduled dates:
|OJEE 2018 EVENTS||SCHEDULED DATES|
|OJEE 2018 application form release||1st week of February 2018.|
|Last date of OJEE 2018 form submission||27th March 2018.|
|Last date of application fee payment||31st March 2018.|
|Release of OJEE 2018 Admit card||20th April 2018.|
|OJEE 2018 exam date||13th May 2018.|
|OJEE 2018 Answer Key||17th May 2018|
|OJEE 2018 Result||25th May 2018.|
|OJEE 2018 Counselling||18th June 2018.|
|Preliminary allotment of seats||23rd July 2018.|
|Final allotment of seats||3rd August 2018.|
Read more about OJEE 2018 Important Dates and Exam Centres.
OJEE 2018 Counselling And Seat Allotment
OJEE 2018 Counselling registration has begun from 18th June 2018. Candidates applying for OJEE 2018 also means that they are applying to more than 50,000 seats in around 100 different institutes in Odisha. After the declaration of OJEE 2018 results, candidates who have scored the minimum eligible scores will be called for counselling. After the counselling process is completed, preliminary seats will be allotted to the candidate. In this stage, candidates will have the opportunity to select and lock the College of their choice. The committee will consider the choice made by the candidate and also their OJEE score while announcing OJEE 2018 temporary seat allotment.
OJEE 2018 counselling will take place in 2 rounds after choice filling.
OJEE Results 2018 Evaluation
OJEE 2018 Results had been declared on 25th May 2018. The result had been declared online and was not sent separately to the candidates via post.
Know your OJEE 2018 result here!
OJEE 2018 Results can be checked by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of OJEE 2018.
- Enter your roll number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Results of OJEE 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out of the scorecard for future reference.
Highlights Of OJEE Results 2018
Some of the highlights of OJEE 2018 Results are
- OJEE 2018 result evaluation was computer based. The evaluation is very carefully done so that there is no scope left for any mistakes.
- The merit list will be prepared based on OJEE 2018 results.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with the marks secured then he/she can request to re-evaluate or re total their scores.
- It must, however, be noted that candidates can only request to re-evaluate their scores but the re-evaluation of the answer script will not be accepted.
- Once a request is sent to re-totalling of scores, the committee will manually verify the results and its decision will be final.
OJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for OJEE 2018, candidates must go through OJEE 2018 eligibility criteria given below:
- Domicile criteria: Candidates who are searching for colleges in Odisha itself must be from Odisha and will have to show their Odisha residential certificate.
- Age limit: For architecture courses, a candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age. There is no prescribed maximum age limit for architecture courses. For admission in marine engineering, a candidate must be at least 20 years of age. For the rest of the courses, the minimum age criteria is 17 years.
- Educational qualification: Different courses have different educational criteria. The course wise eligibility criteria are provided in the table below:
|Course||OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2018|
|BAMS and BHMS||Candidates must pass class 12 with 50% (45% in case of ST/SC) of CHSE or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.|
|B. Pharma||Candidates must pass class 12 with a minimum of 45% (40% in case of ST/SC) with Physics, chemistry and maths/Biology/ Biotech/Electronics/Comp. Sc/IT/Statistics and Geology.|
|B. Tech and B. Pharma lateral entry||Candidates must hold 3-year diploma in engineering or Pharmacy respectively.|
|MBA||Candidate must hold a degree (in any stream) with 50% marks (45% in case of ST/SC).|
|M. Tech, MCA, M. Pharma, M. Arch, M. Plan||Candidate must hold a degree in B.tech, BCA/B Sc(computer sc), B.Pharma and B.Arch respectively with 50 % marks (45 % mark s in case of ST/ SC).For M. Pan a candidate must hold degree either in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Sc, Statistics or Social Work.|
|Integrated MBA||Candidate must hold 45% in qualifying exam (40% in case of ST/SC).|
Admit Card of OJEE 2018
OJEE 2018 Admit card download link has been released on 20th April 2018. Click here to download your Admit Card now!
It is one of the most important exams conducted by the government of Odisha for first-year admission to various post graduate as well as graduate courses. It must, however, be noted that for admission in B.Tech and MBBS first year, candidates must separately sit for NEET and JEE Main 2018. Admission to both these courses will be done purely on the basis of the marks that they score in their entrance exams.
OJEE 2018 Admit Card had been issued only for those candidates who have registered themselves for the exam. Those candidates who have failed to fill the application form or pay the application fees will not be provided with an admit card.
OJEE 2018 Category Wise Seat Reservation
OJEE 2018 will have the following reservation policy
- Candidates from Odisha are eligible to apply for OJEE 2018 under the reservation category.
- Candidates from Odisha will have to produce their Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) or any document that proves that they are from Odisha.
- Further, 30% of the seats are reserved for all women (except OL, TFW, and NRI).
- Under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) category, 5 % of the total fees will be reserved.
- OL category refers to Oriyas belonging to outlying Oriya speaking tracks. Candidates who fall under this category will be provided 3 % of the total seats in government engineering colleges only.
- 3% percent of seats will be reserved for the children of ex-servicemen.
- It is mandatory for all participating colleges to reserve 5 % of their seats for children who are green card holders.
- 8% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the category of scheduled caste and 12 % of seats are reserved for candidates under Scheduled Tribe category.
OJEE 2018 Application Details And Fees
Submission of online application form for OJEE 2018 had been extended till 27th March 2018. The application form for OJEE 2018 was made available from the first week February 2018. The application process is the first stage of verification where a candidate must provide their basic personal and academic details, as well as programme preferences. Once applied candidates must sit for the OJEE 2018 exam. Only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in OJEE 2018 will be called for counselling. The application form was available online.
Interested candidates can fill the application form with the steps given below:
- Visit the official OJEE 2018 website.
- A link to fill the application form was available from the first week of February 2018.
- Click on the link and register yourself for OJEE 2018.
- Fill in your all your details carefully.
- Upload the necessary documents as per specifications.
- Finally, submit the application fees for the successful submission of the form.
- After successful submission, take out a printed copy of the application form for future reference.
OJEE 2018 Application Form Complete Details – Check Here
OJEE 2018 Application Form Fees
The Application Fee for MBA, MCA, PGAT and lateral MCA was Rs 1500 and for the rest of the courses, the application fee was Rs 1000. The application fees had to be paid either by net banking or by credit or debit card. Candidates could also pay via e- challan SBI(State Bank of India).
OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern And Marks Allotted
Knowing the exam pattern is very important as it will help the candidate to prepare for the exam accordingly.
The table below will give you an idea of the OJEE 2018 exam pattern
|Maximum time for the exam||2 hours|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Total number of questions||120 questions for MBA and 180 for M. Pharma.|
|Marking scheme||4 marks for every correct answer.|
|Negative marking||-1 for the wrong answer.|
|Subjects for B. Pharma||Physics, chemistry, Biology/maths.|
|Subjects for MBA||General knowledge, Verbal and analytical reasoning, computer and business fundamentals.|
OJEE 2018 Exam Syllabus
Candidates are requested to go through the following syllabus for OJEE 2018 exam:
|PROGRAMME||SUBJECTS FOR ENTRANCE EXAM|
|B. Pharma||Class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Maths|
|BHMS/BAMS||Class 12 Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
|Integrated MBA||Integrated MBA test.|
|MCA lateral entry||MCA test for lateral entry.|
|B. Tech lateral entry||Mechanical engg, basic electrical engg and engg maths.|
|B. Sc lateral entry||Questions from Physics, Chemistry and Maths.|
|B. Pharma lateral entry||Based on subjects from Diploma in pharmacy.|
|M. Tech||Questions based on subjects from B.Tech.|
|M. Pharma||Questions based on subjects from B. Pharma.|
|M. Arch||Questions based on subjects from B. Arch, engg maths, reasoning.|
|M. Plan||Conceptual questions from architecture and reasoning.|
OJEE 2018 Cut Off
Cut off refers to the minimum number of marks that a candidate must get in order to secure his or her seat in an institution. The cut-off marks depend upon a number factors like the number of candidates who have applied, the number of seats available, previous cut off trends etc.
The cut off is decided by the admission authorities of the concerned institutes and all participating institute of OJEE 2018 will have its individual cut off list. Candidates who have scored the more than or equal to the cut off marks will be called for counselling and then for the admission process.
For more details about OJEE, 2018 cut off, refer to our article on OJEE 2018 cut off.