NIFT 2021: The Result of NIFT General Ability Test (GAT) has been released on 18th March 2021. Students can download the NIFT written entrance test scorecard from the link provided in the updates section of this article. NIFT exam is conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. It is a Statutory Institute by the NIFT Act 2006. The candidates, who wish to get enrolled in this institute must know that they will have to fill the NIFT 2021 Application Form. Before one fills the application form of NIFT, he/ she must make sure that he/ she is eligible enough. A candidate, failing to possess enough eligibility as per the specified criteria will not be able to fill the registration form of NIFT. A few days post the release of the application form, the authority will issue the NIFT 2021 Admit Card. The complete details of NIFT 2021 Admission are mentioned in the article below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- NIFT 2021 Result has been Declared on 18th March 2021. Click Here to View Results.
NIFT 2021 Exam Date
The candidates, who are planning to sit in NIFT 2021 must be sure to be updated with all the dates of the examination. The officials have not announced the official dates yet. The tentative dates have been tabulated below:
|Registration Process started from||14th December 2020|
|Last date of online registration||21st January 2021|
|Last date of registration with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||24th January 2021|
|Window to edit / update the Application Form||25th to 28th January 2021|
|Availability of admit card through online mode||1st February 2021|
|Written test for UG & PG||14th February 2021|
|Release of answer key||17th February 2021 (Released)|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||17th to 20th February 2021|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||18th March 2021 (Released)|
|Last date of registration for Foreign nationals/ NRIs/SAARC||30th April 2021|
|Situation test/ GD/Interview||April/ May 2021|
|Declaration of final result (Online)||End of May/ June 2021|
|Counselling Registration from||End of May/ June 2021|
Eligibility Criteria of NIFT 2021
NIFT offers a number of courses for admission. In order to apply for the entrance exam, one should meet the eligibility criteria. It is advised to all the interested candidates to refer NIFT 2021 Official Notification to get the information in detail. An applicant has to meet the qualifications such as Age Limit, Educational Qualification etc. The concerned authority will not accept the form of a non-eligible candidate in any situation. NIFT Under Graduate Eligibility Criteria and NIFT Post Graduate Eligibility Criteria are different. Further, read the information available below to get more details.
NIFT Eligibility Criteria For Bachelor’s Programme
- The age of candidates should be 23 years as on 1st October 2020. However, candidates belonging to the reserved category will get the benefit of age relaxation as per the Government rules.
- Passed Intermediate Examination in the concerned subject from a recognized Board or
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
NIFT Eligibility Criteria For Master’s Programme
- There are no criteria of age limit for admission in Master’s Programme.
- Completed Undergraduate/ Diploma Education in the concerned discipline from a recognized University.
NIFT 2021 Application Form
The application form of NIFT will be released online on the official website soon. Candidates who are desiring to take admission has to appear in the entrance examination. Before filling NIFT Application Form 2021 refer to the notification in order to avoid mistakes. Try to submit the online NIFT application form before the last date. Make use of the correct details while filling the application form. After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the requisite fee either online or offline. Further, the step by step process to fill the application form is available below.
Steps to Complete NIFT 2021 Registration
- Visit the official website of NIFT or click on the link which shall be available on this page.
- Then find the link of NIFT registration 2021.
- Click on the link and the page to fill the details will open in a new window.
- After that fill the information such as Name, Parent’s Name, Educational details, and others.
- Further, upload your photo and signature in the required file size and file format.
- Then make payment of the requisite application fee in the available modes.
- Check all the filled-in information once again and click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT Application Fee
A candidate has to pay the fee so that they can successfully register for NIFT 2021. Pay the application fee online by using Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. If any candidate wants to pay the fee offline then he or she can pay through Demand Draft. DD made in favour of “NIFT HO”, The details of the application fee is available below.
|GEN/ OBC (Non-Creamy)||Rs.2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD- candidates||Rs.1000/-|
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respects, along with Demand Draft on the following address:
Project Manager All India Management Association Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
NIFT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of NIFT is an important document for appearing in the examination. NIFT 2021 Admit Card will be available for provisionally eligible candidates. NIFT Hall Ticket will release on the official website. Fill the correct details while downloading the admit card of NIFT 2021. The details such as Application/ Registration Number and Password is important. Without NIFT Admit Card 2021, no candidate will get permission to enter inside the exam hall.
NIFT Exam Pattern
Candidates who will apply for the examination should be aware of the NIFT exam pattern. NIFT Exam Scheme will help the candidates to know about the total questions, section, marks etc. NIFT Design Exam Pattern and NIFT Fashion Exam Pattern are different from each other. For the UG & PG Design Course, there will be two exams (a) General Ability Test (GAT) and (b) Creative Ability Test (CAT). The examination will be a Paper Based Test (PBT). Further, check the details below.
General Ability Test (GAT) – Written Examination Structure (For all UG and PG Design Programme)
|Course||Subject||Name of the subject|
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||120 min.||120 min.|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
General Ability Test (GAT) – Written Examination Structure (For all UG and PG Fashion Technology Examination)
|Course||Subject||Name of the subject|
|Programme||B.F.Tech. & M.F.Tech||MFM|
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||180 min.||180 min.|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25|
|General Knowledge And Current Affairs||25||25|
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
This test will be for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
Situation Test – FOR UG Design Programmes
Candidates who will qualify written entrance examination for B.Des have to appear in a Situation Test. It is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability in a given situation with a given set of materials.
NIFT Syllabus 2021
We will suggest all the candidates check the syllabus of NIFT in order to make the preparation more effective. NIFT Syllabus 2021 contains the name of the topics which are important from the examination point of view. The questions in the examination will be from the subjects which are available in the NIFT Exam Syllabus. Refer to exam syllabus so that you can get to know about the topics to study with more focus. The syllabus of NIFT Design Programme and NIFT Fashion Technology Programme have some subjects in common.
NIFT Question Papers 2021
Solving NIFT Previous Years Paper is equally important. It is because by practising NIFT Sample Papers candidates can judge the difficulty level of the examination. The questions in the sample paper will be of the same level of questions that will appear in the examination. Solving the questions papers for NIFT 2021 Exam will also enhance your speed in the exam. It is the reality check of your knowledge and confidence. Hence get some hours to solve NIFT Last Year Papers and test your knowledge. NIFT Question Paper PDF is available online for download.
NIFT Exam Centres
While filling the application form, candidates have to choose one city for the exam of NIFT 2021. The concerned authority will not entertain the request for a change in the examination centre at any stage. Candidates will get the entry in the exam centre along with the admit card. Try to reach the examination centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Do not carry Mobiles and other infotech gadgets inside the exam centre of NIFT. Further, check the names of the NIFT exam centre.
NIFT Answer Key 2021
The answer key of NIFT will be released just a few days after the exam. Furthermore, the candidates, who are going to appear in the exam will be able to gain NIFT Answer Key 2021. However, the answer key can be retrieved after providing certain details in the section of login. Additionally, with the help of the answer key of NIFT 2021, the candidates will be able to get an idea of the marks they secure in the examination.
NIFT Result 2021
The result of BDes, MDes will bw released in the month of March 2021 (Tentative). Candidates who will take the exam of NIFT shall be able to check their result. In order to check NIFT Result 2021, candidates have to use their Roll Number, Application Number, and Date of Birth. The concerned authority will not share the NIFT Exam Result either through email or post. So, one should be aware of the steps to check the result online. Candidates who will successfully qualify the written examination will get the call for the next stage that is GD/ PI.
NIFT 2021 – GD and PI
Group Discussion and Personal Interview is for all Masters Programme. Further, those who will pass the written entrance examination will undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
NIFT Group Discussion
In Group Discussion (GD) candidates will get 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned. The expert panel will assess various parameters such as
- Conceptual clarity
- Interpersonal skills
- The contribution made to the topic
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Leadership qualities
- Problem-solving approach
- Effective communication
NIFT Personal Interview
The panel of experts will evaluate a candidate in the Personal Interview on factors such as:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT Counselling 2021
Those who will pass the stages of the admission process will get the call to participate in the Counselling of NIFT 2021. In order to select a college and the course of admission, candidates have to take part in NIFT Counselling 2021. Additionally, the concerned authority will conduct the counselling of NIFT 2021 online. Furthermore, exercise the counselling process so that you can make you choice locking for admission. If any candidate fails to exercise online counselling process then such candidate has to wait for the next round of counselling. In order to get more details to check the website from time to time.
NIFT 2021 – Document Verification
For the purpose of document verification, candidates have to bring essential documents at the time of admission. So, do not forget to carry all the essential documents along with the photocopies. However, after document verification candidates will get back original certificates, except the medical certificate. Hence, carry the following document at the time of admission.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th/ degree.
- Original mark sheet of qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th/ degree.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam/ compartment then carry date sheet/admit card of the exam.
- Carry Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO”. Mention name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone/ mobile no., the name of the programme, Category, Rank and Roll Number at the back of Bank Draft.
- Date of Birth Proof
- Caste Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee/ Certificate of the parents’ income.
- In case the result of the qualifying examination is not declared then Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/-.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding the refund of fee.
NIFT 2021 Admission Cancellation
There are instances wherein the admission of a candidate may get cancelled. Thus, make sure that you apply for the exam if you are meeting all the requirements of NIFT 2021. In other words, one should meet the eligibility in the first place. Furthermore, the admission may get cancelled in the event that
- If past behaviour or character of a candidate is not good.
- If a candidate will use false information for the purpose of admission.
- After the commencement of the session, if a candidate does not report within 7 days.
- The Director-General may cancel the admission or debar any student for the specific reason for a certain period.
- Candidates will be responsible to make sure that they are eligible and fulfil all the conditions prescribed for admission. Before the issue of admission receipt at the time of allotment of seats, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all eligibility criteria.
- If it is found at any stage during the entire period of the programme that the candidate does not fulfil the requisite eligibility conditions, his/her admission will be cancelled and the entire fee will be forfeited.
- If it is found that admission was given due to any mistake or oversight, the admission granted to such candidate shall be liable for cancellation.
- The merit ranking will be valid only for the programme/ category for which the candidate has the qualifying examination.
- Further, the merit ranking of the candidate shall be valid for session 2021-2022.