Maharashtra State MBBS Merit List & Counselling 2018: NEET (UG) 2018 Online Preference Form Filling-(Phase-II) is now active. Candidate can now register for phase II in online mode by clicking on the link given below. Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra is the official authority who is responsible to conduct counselling for Maharashtra MBBS Admission. It conducts online counselling based on NEET exam score. Aspirants need to register and fill up the application form along with the registration fee to participate in the counselling procedure. Maharashtra first state NEET UG 2018 provisional merit list has been released on 19th June 2018 in PDF format. Link to download the list is provided below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Few days after the application form and fee payment, the official counselling authority prepares and releases the merit list. The merit list for the year 2018 is likely to be published online at the official website in the 3rd week of July 2018. Merit List is prepared based on the rank obtained in the NEET exam. Candidates obtaining a higher rank in the NEET will be given higher preference in the merit list.
Content of Maharashtra MBBS Merit List 2018
Maharashtra MBBS Merit list 2018 contains the following details:
- NEET All India Rank
- CET Cell online form number
- NEET Roll Number
- Name of the candidate
- Category merit
- Specified reservation
How to check the Merit List of Maharashtra MBBS Admission
- Go to the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the link “Merit List MBBS/BDS 2018” option.
- Carefully check your name
- If your name appears in the merit list, then download and take the printout of that particular page for future use.
Counselling of Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2018
The applicants whose name appear in the merit list is eligible for the counselling and admission process. The seat is allotted to the candidates based on the rank obtained in the NEET exam, seat availability, the number of applicants and choice of colleges preferred by the applicant. The shortlisted candidates have to report at the counselling venue (selected while filling up the application form) along with the documents mentioned below. Candidates also have to produce/submit the same in original and their attested copies at the time of admission.
- Admit Card and Mark sheet of NEET UG 2018 Examination.
- Nationality Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issue of such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std. indicating the nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile Certificate issued by District Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority for issue of such certificate.
- 10th Standard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating name of the candidate.
- Mark sheet of class 12.
- Medical fitness certificate. Annexure-H (available in the official brochure).
- Online Submission Form (Latest)
- Aadhar Card
- Caste certificate for seat reservation (if applicable)
Generally, two rounds of counselling take place. If the seats still remain vacant, then spot round of counselling for admission is conducted. Candidates must report to the counselling centre and allotted college within specified date and time. They also have to pay the academic fee in order to confirm their seats. If an applicant is unsatisfied with the seat allotment to him/her, then he can sit for the next round of counselling.
So by reading this article, an aspirant of Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2018 will be able to know about the merit list and counselling procedure.