KCET Counselling 2018: Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET/ Kar CET) 2018 for admission to the undergraduate programme. Soon after the declaration of result, the official authority announces the counselling procedure for the CET qualified candidates. On the basis of the merit and preference of colleges and course, candidates will be called for the KCET Counselling Procedure and Seat Allotment 2018, KCET document verification and seat allotment process. The dates for the KCET 2018 counselling rounds have been uploaded here. It is the duty of students to keep themselves updated about official schedule by visiting the website regarding the KCET Counselling Schedule.
List of Candidates who have verified their documents as on 20th and 21st June 2018 has been released. Get the list below!
KEA has released information about each participating college. View here.
The Option entry brochures have also been published by KEA. Get the links in this article.
List of Candidates who have verified their KCET documents has been released. Get the link in this article under Document verification section!
KCET 2018 Counselling has commenced. Get the schedule in the table below!
KCET 2018 New Revised dates have been released.
Candidates who wish to take a print out of the KCET Application form/Hall ticket 2018, can avail the one-time facility here.
KCET 2018 List of Nodal Centers for Document Verification has been released. Click here to Check!
KCET Eligibile and Non-Eligibile List of candidates for various Quotas has been released. Check the list in this article!
To read the complete notification Click HERE.
- 1 KCET Document Verification Dates 2018
- 2 KCET Counselling Schedule 2018
- 3 KCET list of Verified Candidates
- 4 KCET Eligibile and Non- Eligibility
- 5 KCET Counselling Procedure 2018
- 6 KCET Document Verification 2018
- 7 List of Documents for KCET Verification & Counselling
- 8 KCET 2018 Allotment (Admission) Letter
KCET Document Verification Dates 2018
The KCET counselling will be held once by the KEA official authority and the students need to attend the same as per the official schedule. There are various important stages which are associated with the KCET selection procedure 2018.
|S.No||KCET Counselling Events||Dates|
|1.||KCET 2018 offline mode exam||18-19th April 2018 (announced)|
|3.||KCET document verification Date||12 June 2018|
KCET Counselling Schedule 2018
|Date & Day
||Forenoon Session-1 9.15 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
Reporting Time: 8.30 a.m.
|Forenoon Session-2 11.15 a.m. – 1.15 p.m.
Reporting Time: 10.15 a.m.
2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Reporting Time: 1.00 p.m.
4.15 pm – 6.15 pm
Reporting Time: 3.15 p.m.
- Check the Official Notification regarding the KCET Verification Schedule here.
KCET list of Verified Candidates
List of Candidate verified their documents -21-Jun-2018
List of Candidate verified their documents -20-Jun-2018
List of Candidate verified their documents -18-Jun-2018 to 19-Jun-2018
List of Candidate verified their documents -15-Jun-2018 to 17-Jun-2018
List of Candidate verified their documents up to 14-Jun-2018
KCET Eligibile and Non- Eligibility
KCET Counselling Procedure 2018
- Registration – Candidates have to register themselves for KCET 2018 counselling session by entering details like roll number, the name of the candidate, date of birth and father’s name. Candidates then have to set a password and after registration, enter details like address, mobile number, and security question.
- Choice Filling – After registration, eligible candidates have to log in to their account and the following information will be displayed on the screen: registration details, available choices, fill choices, display filled choices, change the password and provisional allotment letter. After filling and locking the choices preference-wise, candidates have to take a print out of the same.
- Seat allotment – students will be able to check the seat allotment in the online mode. The seats will be allotted based on the choices submitted by the candidate, the merit of the student and availability of seats of that particular institution. A provisional allotment letter will be sent to the candidate which will contain all the details about the counselling venue and the candidate have to take a print out of the same.
- Final Seat Allotment – Candidates have to log in to their account to check if they have been sent the final seat allotment letter. The Allotment letter will contain the details of allotted institute and details regarding the counselling venue where document verification will take place and applicants have to pay the tuition fees to confirm their admission.
- KCET Document verification and Payment of fees – As the final step of the KCET counselling procedure, candidates have to report to the allotted institute with all the required documents for KCET verification. A set of original documents along with a set of photocopies of these documents should be carried by the candidate on the day of document verification. A tuition fee has to be paid at the specified institute to confirm the admission.
Registration for KCET Counselling
- The first step is to register for KCET counselling procedure.
- All the candidates who have valid rank (i.e between opening and closing rank) in CET will have to report at the nearest helpline center as per the schedule for registration.
- The students are required to register their KCET number in the computer system.
- At this stage, the students will be briefed about the process to be followed by the candidate. This is like the training class to the candidates.
Choice Filling and Locking for KCET Counselling
Check the Information Bulletin – 3 (Entry of Options & Seat Allotment Procedure) here.
Check the Option Entry & Seat Allotment Procedure Booklet here.
At this stage, the candidates will lock their choice of college according to their preferred courses for the final admission as per the availability.
- In order to lock the option entries, the candidates will have to login by entering their KCET number.
- After entering the correct details, the category wise, course wise and college wise seat matrix will be displayed on the screen.
- Now the candidates will have to elect their preferred college and course as per their eligibility in the order of their preferences.
- There is no minimum limit to the number of options you enter.
- The options entered by the candidate for the first round will remain same for all the rounds of the seat allocation process.
- The candidates must enter the choices after consulting their parents because once locked, the candidates will not be allowed to change their entries as it will be considered as the final decision.
- The priority of options entered by the candidate will be shown on the option entry module by obtaining the candidate’s credentials.
- The candidate might be allowed to delete or alter the order of higher options only prior to the final submission during the first round of the seat allocation process of the KCET Counselling.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment
- Finally, the official authority will allot the seats to the eligible students.
- The official authority will allot the seats online in the order of the merit and based on the options chosen by the candidates.
- According to the candidate’s final option entry, the college and courses will be allotted to the students.
- Soon after the allotment of the seats, the students need to report at the finally allotted college within stipulated time.
- It should be noted that if the student decides to withdraw the seat then he/ she has to give up the seat only to the official authority i.e. KEA in writing.
- It is important for the students to know that request for mutual transfer of seat shall not be entertained by the official authority at any point of time.
KCET Document Verification 2018
- The next stage after registration is the KCET document verification round.
- The candidates need to verify their documents so as to become eligible for further rounds.
- KCET Verification of the documents shall be done as per the official schedule.
- No individual notification will be sent to the candidates by any mode like a message, email or by post regarding the verification process in KCET 2018. It is prime duty of the students to keep themselves updated with the KCET Verification dates by visiting the official website.
- After completing the KCET verification process, a verification slip will be issued to the students which will contain the details of the students, documents verified etc.
- Before leaving the verification counter, the candidate must scrutinize all the details printed on the verification slip.
- No changes or claims will be accepted once the documents are verified and verification slip is generated.
List of Documents for KCET Verification & Counselling
During the KCET Document Verification, candidates have to visit their respective centers along with their original documents accompanied by a set of photocopies of these documents. After successful verification by KEA Authority, the original documents will be returned to the candidates while the photocopies will be retained by the admission committee.
KCET 2018 Allotment (Admission) Letter
The candidates who have qualified for the exam and completed their counselling process can download the KCET 2018 allotment letter. Not only the admission letter but you can also download the fee payment challan. With the help of the Karnataka CET Allotment Letter, you can get the information regarding the college allotted and the date to join the college. You have to admit to the college within the stipulated time. Otherwise, your seat allotment will be cancelled automatically, and it will be given to some other candidates in the KCET Counselling Second round.
Steps to download KEA KCET Allotment Letter 2018
- Go to KEA official website kea.kar.nic.in
- Click on KCET Allotment Letter 2018 Link.
- Enter your Hall ticket number and Password.
- After clicking the submit button, admission letter will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and save the file.
- Finally, take a printout of the copy for future reference.
The KCET Admission Committee has released the latest information regarding the KCET Counselling 2018. To check updates related to same, Click on the link “KCET 2018 Counselling PDF”
For any questions regarding the KCET Documents Verification, Counselling and seat allotment process, feel free to comment below.