Karnataka Examination authority sets the paper for the KCET. Each year the concerned authority releases the KCET exam pattern & syllabus. Thus those who are preparing for the KCET 2021 exam must be aware of the KCET exam pattern 2021. It is important to have the information about the test pattern because authority may or may not have a modification in the pattern of the paper. Thus to be informative, candidates are advised to look at the latest report through this article about KCET Test Format.
Check Eligibility For KCET Exam
KCET question paper consists of questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. The exam takes place in two sessions on two different days. On the 1st day of the exam, Mathematics/Biology is conducted and on the second day Physics & Chemistry. The exam basically contains the first and second PUC syllabus. Read the article to know about the marking scheme, no, of questions, syllabus, etc.
KCET Exam Pattern 2021 Important Points
- KCET will take place on two days and four sessions in an offline mode. 1st day will consist of Mathematics/Biology paper & 2nd day will take place for Physics & Chemistry.
- The exam will consist of a total of 180 marks and 50 marks for Kannada (in case).
- Each subject will have 1 hr 20 minutes to complete the paper.
- Candidates from Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga have to take the KCET 2021 Kannada Language test.
- Each subject will carry the 60 questions of 60 marks.
- The question paper will be in MCQ format in which four options will be there out of which one is the correct one.
- There is no provision of negative marking.
Check KCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the prescribed KCET exam pattern 2021 given here:
|Mode of exam||Offline i.e paper-based|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Question|
|Exam Duration||1 hr 20 minutes for each paper|
|No Of Subjects||3|
|Name of the subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology|
|Total No. Of Questions||180|
|Marks distribution||Physics=60, Chemistry=60 and Mathematics/Biology =60.|
|Language of the paper||English or Kannada|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer and there is no negative marking|
KCET Marking Scheme 2021
- Every correct answer will have 1 marks
- No negative marking
- No marking for the unattempted questions.
|Subjects||Marks||Time allotted (minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
KCET Syllabus 2021
Candidates must aware of the syllabus of KCET in order to prepare for the exam. The topics that will be covered under the exam is from 11th & 12th class PUC level. So check out the topis as per the subjects.
Kannada Language Test
Kannada Language test is only meant for the candidates from Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga. It takes place to check the efficiency of the candidate in the Kannada Language. All candidates who are taking the test should obtain a minimum of 12 marks out of 50. The exam will be conducted in Bangalore only.