JNU is one of the premier universities in India offering various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.Phil/PhD and Part-time courses. The written entrance examination for selection of candidates for the various courses will be conducted tentatively in December 2018 at various centres across India.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The JNU 2019 written entrance examination will be an objective type or descriptive type in nature or a mixture of both depending upon the course you have applied for. Some courses will also include a viva-voce round following the written test as a part of the selection procedure.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Pre-Enrolment Form for Selected Candidates
The selected candidates will have to accept the offer for admission by filling up the online pre-enrollment form. While filling the pre-enrolment form they will be required to pay the following amount of fees online:
Ph.D., M.Phil./Ph.D Rs. 295.00* M.Tech, MPH PGDE Rs. 10,174.50* M.A./M.Sc./M.C.A, B.A. (Hons.) Rs. 283.00* Part Time Rs. 234.00*
*plus GST rates as applicable.
Candidates will have to upload scanned copies of relevant documents that will be mentioned on the portal while filling the pre-enrolment form.
Documents to be Carried During the Time of Viva-voce
Some courses also will have an interview round followed by the written examination for final selection. Candidates who will be invited for viva-voce must have bought the following documents along with them:
- Testimonials from two persons one of whom should be a former teacher of the candidate;
- A complete list of subjects/papers taken by the candidate for the certificates/degrees held by him/her.
- A copy of at least one of the published papers of the candidate, if any, which he/she considers to be the most representative of his/her intellectual interest and ability.
- A brief note (one copy) stating the candidate’s area of specialised interest of research, if any, and his future professional goals, and such other additional information that may help his/her selection to the programme of study.
- A research proposal of around 500 words is to be submitted by the candidate at the time of viva-voce.
Documents Required During the Time of Admission
Candidates will be required to bring the following documents on the day of admission. Note that they must have filled the online pre-enrollment form beforehand accepting the offer of admission. The required documents are:
- Enrolment Form.
- Central Library Application Form.
- Five copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Two sets of self-attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher secondary, Pre-University or Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (10+2), or an equivalent examination certificate showing the age/date of birth of the candidate.
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Two sets of self-attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate and passing certificate/degree of Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination.
- For SC/ST Candidates: Two attested copies of SC/ ST Certificate in the prescribed format in support of their claim for admission against the reserved quota.
- OBC Candidates: Two copies of OBC Certificate in the prescribed format.
- For PWD Candidates: Two copies of Disability Certificate in the prescribed Format issued by a Competent Medical Authority indicating the nature and extent (including percentage) of Physical Disability in support of their claim for admission against PWD quota.
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended. Two Anti-Ragging Affidavits (one to be signed by the candidate and the other to be signed by the parent/guardian of the candidate) on non-judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10/- each as per the given format duly attested by a Notary Public.
- Candidates pursuing their studies with some other University/Institution are required to submit discontinuation certificate from their respective University/Institution at the time of registration/admission. They are also required to submit the Migration Certificate subsequently within the stipulated time.
- The admission of candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from a Foreign University will be subject to their qualification is found equivalent to the qualifications prescribed by the University.
- The candidates, enjoying the employed status and selected for admission to any programme of study in the University, are required to produce leave sanction order/relieving order at the time of admission/ registration from their employer for the duration of the programme.
- Following documents will be submitted by the candidate (in original) at the Admission Counter in a separate envelope while taking admission/registration:
- Marksheets & Degree/Provisional Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Migration certificateCharacter Certificate
- Anti-ragging Affidavits
Note: The formats in which the certificates has to be produced will be available in the prospectus.