J&K MBBS Counselling 2018: Mop- Up Round counselling schedule list published. Link to download the PDF is provided below. Provisional Merit List for J&K MBBS Programme 2018 has been released in PDF format. J&K MBBS Counselling will be done based on the merit basis and number of applicants applied for admission prepared by the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) for Open, Reserved categories and for Management Category Seats respectively. Candidates who have appeared in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 are required to fill up the application form in order to participate in the counselling procedure.
Admission to medical college/ institute in the state J&K is only possible via NEET 2018 Score. J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) is responsible to conduct counselling for admission to undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme in the Government and Private college/Institute in the state J&K. Admission to the college/Institute affiliated with the university is based on the NEET 2018 Exam score.
- 1 Important Dates for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
- 2 Registration Form for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
- 3 Participating Institute/Colleges under J&K MBBS
- 4 J&K MBBS Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 Minimum Percentile Required to apply for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
- 6 J&K MBBS Admission 2018 Merit List
- 7 J&K MBBS Counselling 2018
- 8 J&K MBBS 2018 Seat Reservation
Important Dates for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
- NEET UG 2018 (mop up round of MBBS) and first mop up round for BDS – Click Here
- Mopping up round of counselling (physical) of NEET UG, 2018. (Notitication) – Click Here
- Mopping up round of counselling (physical) of NEET UG, 2018. (Notice) – Click Here
- J&K MBBS Provisional Merit List 2018 has been released in PDF format. Candidates can check and download the PDF format. To download the PDF – Click Here
- The J&K MBBS Registration form 2018 will be available from 13th June to 19th June 2018 in online mode only. Link to register is provided in the “registration” section below. The official counselling authority of J&K board has released couple of notifications related to MBBS Counselling procedure. Link to download the PDF is provided below.
The NEET UG Score 2018 required to register for J&K MBBS Counselling are as follows:
- Open Merit List/JKPM/CDP/Sport including child of PMF = 119
- SC/ST/RBA/ALC/OSC for J&K = 96
This notification released on 12th June 2018 and it contains name, roll number, marks, application number and gender of the candidates who took the NEET 2018 Exam belonging to the state J&K. To download – Click Here
This particular notification released on 6th June 2018 and it contains information related to J&K MBBS counselling procedure 2018. To download – Click Here
Dates for J&K MBBS Admission of the year 2018 is likely to be announced after the NEET 2018 Exam. The tentative dates for all the events for the admission are provided in the table below. The following table will be updated as per release with the official notification.
|S. No||Activities||Dates (tentative)|
|1.||Document Verification||13th June 2018|
|2.||Online Application form Release date||19th June 2018|
|3.||Last Date for filling up of Online Application||Third week of June 2018|
|4.||Provisional State Merit List||Third week of June 2018|
|5.||First Round of Counselling||June 25 – July 5, 2018|
|6.||Last date of reporting to the allotted college||July 12, 2018|
|7.||Second Round of Counselling||July 15- July 26, 2018|
|8.||Last date to report at allotted college||August 3, 2018|
|9.||Final Round of Counselling||August 4 – August 8, 2018|
|10.||Last date of admission of students||Second week of August 2018|
Registration Form for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
To participate in the counselling of J&K MBBS Admission 2018, aspirants need to register and fill up the application form. Candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria before going to fill up the application form. The registration form will be available from 13th to 19th June 2018.
Candidates need to enter username and password to login . To register for J&K MBBS Counselling 2018 – Click here
Here is a step by step guide on how to fill up the application form:-
- Click on the link “J&K MBBS Admission 2018” option. Link to apply will be activated soon.
- Register yourself by entering the name, email ID, phone number and date of birth.
- After registering, fill up the details like personal details, NEET exam score and rank and academic qualification.
- After filling up the application form, click on “submit” button.
- Payment of registration cum counselling fee.
Participating Institute/Colleges under J&K MBBS
Medical college affiliated to JKBOPEE and offers admission only to NEET UG 2018 qualified candidates are provided in the table below.
|S. No||Institute/ College||No. of seats|
|Government Medical College|
|1.||Govt. Medical College, Srinagar||150|
|2.||Govt. Medical College, Jammu||150|
|3.||Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar||100|
|4.||Govt. Dental College, Srinagar||50|
|5.||Govt. Dental College, Jammu||50|
|Private Medical College|
|6.||Acharya Shree Chandra College of Medical Sciences, Jammu||100|
|7.||Institute of Dental Sciences, Sehora, Jammu||100|
J&K MBBS Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are the conditions which every applicant must possess in order to apply for the counselling. The official counselling authority releases a set of eligibility criteria for the aspirants to participate in the counselling and to get enrolled in undergraduate MBBS programme. Applicants must go through the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form for J&K MBBS Admission 2018. The table given below provides the required eligibility criteria for the aspirants to apply for the J&K MBBS Admission 2018:-
|1.||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India. |
The NRI candidates holding Indian passports, overseas citizen of India and person of Indian Origin are also eligible to apply under the NRI category.
|2.||Age||Applicants must have attained 17 years of age or more as on 31st December 2018.|
|3.||Academic Qualification||Candidates must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology individually from J&K board of seconday & higher secondary and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying 10+2 examination. |
40 % for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and OBC category candidates.
45% for locomotory disability of lower limbs.
|4.||NEET 2018||Applicant must have appeared in NEET 2018 Exam.|
Minimum Percentile Required to apply for J&K MBBS Admission 2018
Candidates who appeared in NEET UG 2018 and scored below mentioned percentile can apply for J&K MBBS counselling and sea allotment procedure. Candidates also need to possess the above mentioned documents and eligibility criteria required to participate in the counselling.
|S. No||Category||Minimum Percentile require|
|1.||General (UR)||50th Percentile|
|2.||ST/SC/OBC (Including PH of ST/SC/OBC)||40th Percentile|
|3.||UR Physically Handicapped (PH)||45th Percentile|
J&K MBBS Admission 2018 Merit List
J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE), the official counselling authority prepares and release the Merit List for admission to undergraduate MBBS programme in the medical colleges/Institution of state J&K. Merit list is prepared based on the number of applicants, NEET exam score and seat availability. Merit List contains the names of the candidates, Rank and NEET score etc.
J&K MBBS Counselling 2018
The candidates whose name appears in the merit list are eligible for admission to participating colleges/Institutes. Shortlisted candidates need to report physically along with the below mentioned documents in original and two sets of self attested photocopies of the same at the counselling venue
Document to be produced at the time of counselling
Merit listed candidates who are going to report at the counselling helpline center should carry the below mentioned documents. All the necessary documents must be produced in original form and one set of photocopies of the certificates are also required to submit to the official counselling authority.
- Matriculation/High School Certificate
- 10+2/Intermediate/Senior Secondary School Examination Certificate & scorecard.
- Character Certificate
- Resident Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Certificate from the Employer (if applicable)
- Backward Class Certificate (if applicable)
- Scheduled Caste Certificate( if applicable)
- Certificate in respect of Persons with Disabilities Candidates (if applicable)
- Certificate required to be furnished by the Children & Grand-children of Freedom Fighters (if applicable).
- Original Receipt of Registration & Counseling Fee.
- Print out of Online Application form.
J&K MBBS 2018 Seat Reservation
The government of J&K reserves a certain percentage of the seat for the candidates belonging to reserved categories in all the participating Institute/Colleges. Reserved category here indicates the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC).
Applicants must choose their category from the drop-down list while filling up the application form for counselling. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format (available in the official brochure) at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of reserved seats. To know about the percent of seats reserved for each category, refer the table given below:-
|S. No||Category||Number of seats reserved|
|1.||Open Merit (OM)||50%|
|2.||Scheduled Castes (SC)||6% for Gujjars and Bakerwals/ 2% for Residents of District Leh & Kargil and 1% for others|
|3.||Weak and Under Privileged Classes/Social Castes (OSC)||2%|
|4.||Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20%|
|5.||Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3%|
|6.||Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
|7.||Children of Para-military Forces and State Police Personnel||1%|
|8.||Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports (SP)||2%|
|9.||Poor & Backward (P&B)||10 seats in ASCOMS|
So by going through this article, aspirants will be able to know how the J&K MBBS Counselling 2018 is conducted. If anyone has any query related to this article, then please inform us by writing in the comment box given below.